My girlfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights in April. We arrived very early as our flight connection was the first of the day. We were welcomed by the staff and made to feel at home immediately. They made extra effort to get our room ready and we checked in smoothly and were offered refreshments and a cool towel to wipe our brows. The hotel staff were extremely helpful in explaining the hotel from the start and always with a smile on their face.
We booked the Love Room and as our bags were taken up to the room the staff gave us full instructions and told us where everything was. The room had a TV/Computer with free internet and music player/ipod dock. The room itself was large and very cosy. Our room led out to a balcony with a hot tub and a large (sun) bed to lie on. The view was amazing as we were up in the hills (which means its a bit of a trek to the beach).
Lots of shuttle services and moped hire was available as the location of the hotel was fairly remote and up in the hills.
For the beach we went to mae nam beach which was very quiet and relaxing with great views, calm water and views of Koh Phanghan.
We never ate in the restaurant in the evenings but the breakfast buffet was excellent. Lovely iced coffees and amazing views. For evening meals we went to Fishermans village (shuttle service goes there) and we ate at the Happy Elephant which I would also recommend as a great place, especially for seafood.
The pool is great and has the same view as the restaurant area....stunning.....I would say that there wasn't always enough seating at the pool because the sunbeds are so big. Otherwise no complaints.
The fitness room is good and one of the better ones i have seen in a hotel. Again the view from here is amazing.
Overall a pleasurable although short stay I would not hesitate to come back. For the price I thought it was very reasonable. The compromise with the view is that you are a little away from everything but from my point of view this is what i wanted. Staff were very nice and the hotel has the personable feel as its not a huge resort, although some of its facilites resemble what you would find in a bigger resort (cinema, fitness room etc).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a hillside in the popular town of Bophut, Mantra Samui Resort offers guests some of the most spectacular panoramic views of Koh Samui's beautiful coastline. Guests can enjoy these views in peace while being only a short distance from countless shops, an array of local restaurants and some of the most stunning beaches you have ever seen. The complimentary shuttle bus service allows ease of travel to all of these local hotspots. The hotel has a wide range of comfortable yet luxurious rooms, most of which have an amazing ocean view. On-site facilities are available for guests to enjoy, including; superb cuisine at the View Restaurant, an infinity pool with wonderful views of the island, a variety of treatments at the ''Jai Spa'',offering complimentary classes daily, and a top of the range fitness center which is open from 6:00 am until 10 pm daily. Mantra Samui Resort also has a 24-hour staff-service for guests. If assistance is required at any time of the day, simply ask and one of the team will be happy to help. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Ctrip TA and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mantra Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Samui Hotel Bophut
- Mantra Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut