“Delicious Mexican food”

Price range: US$ 2 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Gringos is an open air restaurant with ceiling fans throughout the restaurant. We also have an outdoor area with portable fans if required. We serve traditional Tex - Mex dishes, but we also have a couple of Mex - Thai and Mex - Indian fusion dishes. There is a good sized Vegetarian Tex - Mex selection or you can go the other way and order Burgers, Steaks, chops and some fish meals of the BBQ, the Pork ribs are very popular. For those that want Thai food we have joined with the Thai Garden Restaurant for great traditional Thai dishes and they also specialize in a selection of Issan Food dishes. Want something simple we do salads, pizzas, pasta, we can also make you up a plate of Chicken & Chips. Top it off with a Deep Fried Ice Cream or Homemade Apple Pie Come in between 2 PM & 7 PM and choose one of our 14 flavours of Frozen Margaritas and we will make you up a Litre for only 350 Baht Kids Menu Available This is our 20th year in Chaweng
Reviewed 17 May 2018

The mexican food here was so delicious. My husband and I both enjoyed our meals and agreed it was the best Mexican food we had had in a long time. Everything was so fresh and the beef was delicious. Icy cold drinks and the American owner (I'm guessing) came around to check that everything was good. V. good service too.

Kirk H, Owner at Gringos Cantina Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Thank you both for coming to Gringos and we are very happy that you enjoyed your meals enough to take the time to write us such a nice review, we really do appreciate it and we hope to have you back again when you are in Chaweng.

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

We came to eat Mexican food and was very surprised about quality. The quality of raste and food is perfect, eating in the garden the service is perfect. The owner came at the rable to ask our feeling. Come back soon.

Very happy that you enjoyed your meals with us and thank you very much for taking the time to give us a great review, it is most appreciated and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

We thought that something was wrong when there was only one table eating on a Sunday night and they did not look happy.
My first beer was not cold and my wife ordered a glass of wine and was presented with a bottle.
We only ordered a starter of Nachos as we had a bad feeling. This was confirmed when a disgusting greasy plate of corn chips arrived with barely any cheese, topped with a horrible watery minced beef mixture.
The staff were useless and clueless.
I paid for my beer and left as quickly as possible.
We have eaten here on previous visits to Koh Samui and enjoyed the food.
I don’t know if the previous American owner has left, as there were none of the homemade chilli sauces that he was so proud of on the table, only generic Thai store bought bottles.
Do not eat here!

Kirk H, Owner at Gringos Cantina Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Thank you for your review you have given me a better idea of how my staff attend to not only the food preparation but also customer service when I am not in the restaurant. It is totally my fault for leaving a fairly new staff without enough supervision. Am very sorry for
the lapse in quality and service on your visit.
I have backed off on a few of the homemade sauces but you still should have gotten the Homemade Jalapeno Sauce.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Big services, friendly service, yummy food and icy margaritas. My 3 yr old liked the tacos too / bonus

1  Thank TravelBug4567
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

We ordered a nachos for apetizer, and they were really good. Crunchy and I think they were homemade.
Then we had the fajitas with beef, and it was the best fajitas we've had. So much flavour and with the homemade salsa and it's homemade tortillas, it was outstanding!
If you're looking for a break from the thai-food. Go there! The portions is BIG.
Also check out the frozen Margarita. Had the passion fruit, ordered 2 liters.
Will go back.