“Beautiful setting”

Price range: US$ 25 - US$ 200
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, View
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Dining on the Rocks presents innovative food concepts, great service and of course that famous view and atmosphere. The brilliant architecture is ten terraced decks of weathered teak and bamboo.
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

I booked a dinner for two several weeks in advance from the US. Unfortunately I booked a little late for sunset which was my fault. Definitely come here before the sun goes down to take in what would be an amazing view.

I was disappointed that it seemed they couldn't find my reservation though I had received a confirmation email earlier in the week. Regardless they were good in getting us a table.

The cocktails we ordered were very nice and the setting is fantastic. While we were planning on a special last night in Thailand pricing did seem a little high. We had eaten at Zazen and Tree Tops and had excellent dinners for what seemed a little less expensive.

We went with the 8 course tasting menu. Some courses were really intriguing (Chicken and the Egg) others were just ok (Duck). It was a lot of food so no complaint there.

Service was very nice, courteous and attentive but really not as professional as the price point requires. There was confusion with who was taking our order, some course explanations were just really difficult to understand or plain missing and our champagne service was not smooth. He did not seem comfortable pouring and wine is not cheap in Thailand! Let me again say all the staff were super nice, just not the $400 for two people level of polish.

All in all it was a gorgeous setting with friendly service and lots of food -- just probably not worth the price tag in our estimation when you look at deliciousness of the food and the level of service we received.

Jose O, Food and Beverage Director at Dining on the Rocks, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear epj14,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your constructive feedback with us.

I am sorry that the arrival experience, service, some of the dishes and the explanation of them were not up to your satisfaction. I have taken note of the shortfalls and will be using your precious feedback for our training plan to ensure a smoother experience for our future guests.

If you would like to share further details about your experience, do not hesitate to contact me directly at fbd-samui@sixsenses.com

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 September 2017

We've been coming to Dining on the Rocks every year for 7 years. We even got engaged here! This year it was really a step up, I didn't think it could get any better however the food was incredible! The service was also outstanding especially from our waitress Kartoon (spelling probably incorrect!). Can't wait to see you again next year.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Dear guest,

Thank you for your message and for allowing us to be part of your love story.

We are thrilled to see we have been able to improve your past experiences and are very much looking forward to improving even more for your eight visit.

I will pass your message to Cartoon, I am sure your compliments will encourage her to keep striving for excellence.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 September 2017

Great restaurant with amazing views to the sea to watch the sunset . The chef from Spain it's awesome and all his team . I highly recommend it!!!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Dear U9685CVsoniag,

Thank you very much for your kind review.

We are very happy that you found the restaurant to be great and our views amazing. I will pass your note to Nico (our Spanish Chef) and the rest of his team.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

This place was amazing in every way. Food, service and most importantly, the view we're all outstanding.
It is expensive, but completely worth it for "splash out" dinner.

Jose O, Food and Beverage Director at Dining on the Rocks, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear Kirstin L,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are thrilled that you found our food, service and views to be amazing and we hope hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

The view is unbeatable, we arrive here around six before the sunset, so we got chance to enjoy the wonderful ocean views from each angles. Romantic atmosphere, pleasant service from the team though when they present the courses, some waitresses still need some practice on course descriptions. The course is in good portion, we picked our own five courses, and quite full after the dinner.

Jose O, Food and Beverage Director at Dining on the Rocks, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

Dear Jiaye D,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are glad that you enjoyed the romantic atmosphere and the pleasant services and I have taken note of the training needed on dish description.

If you have any other feedback you would like to share regarding your experience with us, do not hesitate to contact me directly at fbd-samui@fourseasons.com

Warm regards,

Food and Beverage Director

Been to Dining on the Rocks? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK