All reviews cakes hired a car her mom ceiling fan freshest fish excellent tavernas excellent food pythagorion beaches greece sea shops island village tourist fridge
Reviewed 14 May 2011

Spent an extremely relaxing 2 days in laid-back friendly Ireon. The apartment was large and clean with a separate kitchen (a real plus) & balcony with sea view. The apartment was very well stocked with everything we needed from extra pillows & blankets to kitchen utensils and regularly cleaned while we were there.
The owner Ileana is a lovely host. She brought us jam and fruits on our arrival and was constantly but unobtrusively solicitous regarding our comfort & needs. She took us on a an excellent tour free of charge in the middle of our stay to some of the most interesting sights of Samos (there are many things to see) and cooked us a lovely breakfast on our last day but one as well as dropping us to the airport for our departure.
Ireon is a quiet little seaside village with a good choice of restaurants, cafes & shops/internet cafes/supermarkets.

Room tip: a good place to stay
Date of stay: April 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2011

Expecting the usual "Here are your keys and there are our contact details and house rules" I was so warmly surprised by Iliana's generosity and friendliness. Because of the limited bus service she picked me up at the airport; Greek delicacies in the apartment (self made), contacted a cousin of mine on Samos (from the telephone directory) and arranged a meeting, invited me to her family home high up the hill for coffee and a chance to take some stunning pics of Samos Town and then arranged my 6.00am taxi back to the airport. Next time on Samos I would plan my holiday only with her. Percy -

Date of stay: April 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 January 2011

We’ve just booked to go back to Eleana’s later this year which will be our sixth stay at these fabulous apartments. Last year we were welcomed back like old friends and had a fantastic time concluding with the amazing dinner Iliana cooked us on our last night (see photos). As well as the warm welcome, the apartments themselves are spotlessly clean and really comfortable. They are located in Ireon, a quietish village by the sea and a short walk from the classical ruins at the Temple of Hera. Ireon has a central square surrounded by cafes where old men play backgammon and grandmothers keep an eye on their grandchildren as they play. Apart from the cafes, there are seven or eight really good tavernas and a good handful of beachside bars. There are also several general stores and a well-stocked supermarket where you can stock up on essentials such as chilled Samiot wine direct from the barrel, plump black olives and freshly baked bread. The bakery down by the village square does excellent spinach pies but, be quick, they go, well, like hot pies...

I honestly can’t recommend Eleana’s apartments enough and will keep returning, year after year, to this wonderful place in this lovely village by the sea.

Date of stay: August 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank brixx
Reviewed 19 December 2010

Eleana's stands just behind the main square and town beach, close to all the restaurants, bars and shops in the small seaside town of Ireon. The owner Iliana, picked me up from the airport for the 10 minute ride to Ireon and continued the warm hospitality throughout my stay, with little treats and cakes dropped off.
The studio apartment was very comfortable, well equipped and nicely furnished in simple Greek style. I felt immediately at home, enjoying the gentle bustle of village life from my balcony.
The town beach is five minutes, so close that it's not a drag to pop back and forth during the day, with another (Pappa beach) further along the coast (fifteen minutes walk). Beds and umbrellas available, lovely swimming at both.
The village is nice just to wander round, with some pleasant walks into the hills behind; it's also one of the friendliest places I've been, in a low-key, not-just-because-you're a tourist, way.
For more energetic days, you can hop on a bus into ancient Pythagorian or on to Samos Town (Vathi) for an afternoon at the archaeological museum. I caught the bus for the short hop back to the airport, too.
Eleana's is the perfect base for a relaxing holiday, doing exactly what you feel like doing; just my cup of tea.

Date of stay: June 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 November 2010

Stayed at Eleana Apartments in October, 2010 and had a great time. Eleana was at the airport, as organised, to pick us up. She is the most happy and obliging person...very sweet!
Our room was lovely and from our balconies, we could see the ocean. Because we visited Samos at the end of the tourist season, we almost had Ireon to ourselves which was rather nice. Eleana asked us to have dinner with her family the first night of our stay and we really appreciated her hospitality. She cooked up a storm and made us feel very much at home.
Eleana helped us with our sightseeing and explained how to get to other parts of the island.
I would highly recommend staying at Eleana Apartments if you visit the lovely island of Samos.

Date of stay: October 2010