See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 January 2011

We’ve just booked to go back to Eleana’s later this year which will be our sixth stay at these fabulous apartments. Last year we were welcomed back like old friends and had a fantastic time concluding with the amazing dinner Iliana cooked us on our last night (see photos). As well as the warm welcome, the apartments themselves are spotlessly clean and really comfortable. They are located in Ireon, a quietish village by the sea and a short walk from the classical ruins at the Temple of Hera. Ireon has a central square surrounded by cafes where old men play backgammon and grandmothers keep an eye on their grandchildren as they play. Apart from the cafes, there are seven or eight really good tavernas and a good handful of beachside bars. There are also several general stores and a well-stocked supermarket where you can stock up on essentials such as chilled Samiot wine direct from the barrel, plump black olives and freshly baked bread. The bakery down by the village square does excellent spinach pies but, be quick, they go, well, like hot pies...

I honestly can’t recommend Eleana’s apartments enough and will keep returning, year after year, to this wonderful place in this lovely village by the sea.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank brixx
Reviewed 19 December 2010

Eleana's stands just behind the main square and town beach, close to all the restaurants, bars and shops in the small seaside town of Ireon. The owner Iliana, picked me up from the airport for the 10 minute ride to Ireon and continued the warm hospitality throughout my stay, with little treats and cakes dropped off.
The studio apartment was very comfortable, well equipped and nicely furnished in simple Greek style. I felt immediately at home, enjoying the gentle bustle of village life from my balcony.
The town beach is five minutes, so close that it's not a drag to pop back and forth during the day, with another (Pappa beach) further along the coast (fifteen minutes walk). Beds and umbrellas available, lovely swimming at both.
The village is nice just to wander round, with some pleasant walks into the hills behind; it's also one of the friendliest places I've been, in a low-key, not-just-because-you're a tourist, way.
For more energetic days, you can hop on a bus into ancient Pythagorian or on to Samos Town (Vathi) for an afternoon at the archaeological museum. I caught the bus for the short hop back to the airport, too.
Eleana's is the perfect base for a relaxing holiday, doing exactly what you feel like doing; just my cup of tea.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 November 2010

Stayed at Eleana Apartments in October, 2010 and had a great time. Eleana was at the airport, as organised, to pick us up. She is the most happy and obliging person...very sweet!
Our room was lovely and from our balconies, we could see the ocean. Because we visited Samos at the end of the tourist season, we almost had Ireon to ourselves which was rather nice. Eleana asked us to have dinner with her family the first night of our stay and we really appreciated her hospitality. She cooked up a storm and made us feel very much at home.
Eleana helped us with our sightseeing and explained how to get to other parts of the island.
I would highly recommend staying at Eleana Apartments if you visit the lovely island of Samos.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank robyness
Reviewed 17 November 2010

I have never stayed in a more nice place, inexpensive, and with such a lovely and friendly hostess as iliana. The apartments are very nice, and she did the interior decorating herself. She brought me warm loukoumades just out of the oven, and stafili, green grapes, right from her garden. Ireon is a nice little sea shore town, many good tavernas and good Greek food, mini-market, super market, bakery. My stay was only 2 1/2 days, and now, I know where I will stay again when I go back for a longer time.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Marinos P
Reviewed 16 November 2010

I have reviewed Eleana's several times......and it is always wonderful. We have been visiting for 8 years now (9th booked for May 2011) and we are always surprised! Now we have young Constantinos to entertain us.. Eleana and family are always so friendly and the studios are large and very well presented. Yes, Eleana does bring all kinds of foods for you to enjoy....Ireon is lovely....what are you waiting for????????????

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple