“Excellent Food & Service”
Review of The Lamb Inn

The Lamb Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Hooe
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 15
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The inn is mentioned in the Doomsday Book in 1084 when it was most likely a shepherd's cottage built halfway between the shepherd's homes and the traditional grazing pastures. In 1520 the cottage became an Inn with a charter allowing shepherds to warm their sickly lambs by the fires. ~ A country pub oozing rural charm and rustic character, our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar. Whether you are planning dinner with friends or Sunday lunch with family, book a table online and enjoy some quality time with those you love the most.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I just so happened to be driving past and the fantastic exterior drew me in to have a look. I popped in and decided to have some lunch. It was very clean inside and had a great feel to it on a sunny Friday afternoon. Thank you to Tom and the Team.

General Manager A, Manager at The Lamb Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us!

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

What a beautiful looking pub we thought!!! At first it was going well when we ordered our drinks..."I'll bring them over to you" we were told... we ordered a bottle of wine which was brought over to us and was plonked on our table...no pouring the wine to taste.. ok we thought.
We ordered our starters and what a disappointment! My husband had the pate on toast with no butter and I had the tempura prawns and calamari, which had hardly and batter on them at all. The mains came and the fish and chips were fine but the Aberdeen Angus burger was so over cooked it was like a frisby. It wasnt busy AT ALL so the chef couldnt of been under pressure. There were tables that were left with plates and glasses on them and no-one attended to them. We asked for a jug of water and was asked "would you like Ice and lemon In it" that came to us 40 minutes later with NO ice NO lemon and luke warm !!! No-one was clearing our table when we had finished so I asked the waiter "Can we order some coffees please" yes no problem and he bought over 2 Americans without even asking us which coffees we wanted. The waiter then decided to ask us if everything was ok.... We explained to him that it wasn't great but the burger was inexcusable. He spoke to the manager and the manager told us that the coffees were going to be taken off the bill. On paying our bill we then were told "I've given you free coffees as you had a discount off your lunches" which we hadn't. I explained that the coffees were the best part of the meal it was the burger I had the problem with !!! He wouldn't budge so we paid and left. Such a shame that the place looks so lovely but the food is rubbish. We will definately not be returning I do not recommend.

1  Thank TheCorfes
General Manager A, Manager at The Lamb Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

We are sorry that your experience with us was not a good one. Please give me a call at the pub so we can talk about how we can turn your experience around.
01424 848649
Tom

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Rung up first to check could take the dog. “Yes”. Good start. Was very busy and took quite a long time to get our drinks (said would bring them over). Did have a range of roasts Inc vegetarian! For £6 I was able to order some turkey for Kiwi. Food nice. Tables 22-24 near fire!

General Manager A, Manager at The Lamb Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Hazel T, we're glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

To celebrate my step-daughters 21st she asked if we could just have a simple meal for four at the Lamb.
Knowing that it can sometimes be chilly in there, I called in the day before to book a specific table by the fire.
When we arrived on the night we were told to sit wherever we wanted, it turned out that someone else was at the table we had booked. Never mind as we got a table the other side of the fire. However the fire was nearly out and when we asked for some logs to be put on it we were told they had run out of logs ( on one of the coldest nights of the year ).
By the time we were finishing our meal we were all very cold which did not make for a pleasant time.
The food and service was as usual, good for the type of establishment.

We appreciate all reviews, and appreciate you giving us the chance to improve by providing us with this feedback. Thanks for bringing this matter to our attention. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Today I took my girlfriend out for her birthday but was very disappointed with the food the tempra prawns over done the prawn cracker over done the risotto like warm the burger terrible there was two other tables occupied so was not busy so the chef was not under pressure or did the wash up boy cook this we will no return.

1  Thank Rob B
General Manager A, Manager at The Lamb Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Rob B, we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around. Thanks for bringing this matter to our attention. We would like to get more details about this; please reach out to us at your earliest convenience at 01424 848649.