“Supposed to be a **** hotel not in my book”

Spa Hotel Zamek Luzec
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Nejdek
Reviewed 23 June 2017

arrived at the hotel found my room just as the room was not easy to find
When I did I would expect to find a bottle of water waiting. this is a spa hotel.
There were no available plug points to charge my phone. as I was waiting for an important call the tv should have received news in English.but only German and Russian were the only foreign stations. The spa itself was adiquate.the evening meal was ok. but the breakfast was not 4 star standard as even in a 2 star hotel you don't find egg shells in your poached egg. Shall not recommend this place.
But found some restaurants to die for.
Will be returning in the fortune as this does not represent the country
I hope the hotel can review this and improve

Room Tip: Make sure it's not overlooking the car park
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 20 May 2017

I want to write a review but I did not visit this place just yet but my experience prior the visit deserves a review. I live in Dubai but I was planning to do christening for my daughter in this place. I got in touch back in March and spoke to one lady who was really helpful and spoke about MANY tiny details for the big occasion ( i want to do it in the style of a wedding) . Anyway month passes by and i no longer hear back so i call up the reception..... I called constantly for an hour .... No one picks up... I call other departments no one picks up ( this is Friday at about 3pm) fine i finally get through to their spa and the lovely lady told me to call the reception again in 5 minutes - i do that i call about 10 more times no one picks up. Cool, next day i call again hallelujah! A lady picks up - great i tell her what i want - she is pleasant and apologized but tells me to call another time as it is the weekend the events team is not around and the lady i was communicating with no longer works there and did not do a handover... Perfect. I call week later no one is picking up the phones.. Am dying at this point. But i am determined... After about 8 calls a lady picks up at the reception and transfers me to events team they didnt pick up either ( Friday morning) . I get the lady's direct phone number and yes you guessed it as if i walking along a desert trying to find some water. I call the GM yesterday who assured me that they will look at my emails and revert back to me i honestly was hoping to get an email back this morning i am checking... Nothing. I am sooooo shocked! I am not showing ofdf here but i was planning to spend some serious money on this event giving them a great business I wanted fireworks, i wanted kiddies animation activities i wanted a 10 hour party etc but there is no one there that works...i need a venue for August can anyone recommend anything please?

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 November 2016

We visited Zamek Luzec mainly for the restaurant. Also used the swimming pool that we enjoyed much - 2 saunas, jacuzzi, rather small swimming pool but when you are almost alone, you enjoy it very much!!!
Restaurant is interesting, but food not value for money (pretty expansive). I would expect better service and nicer staff on the floor.
On the other hand I recommend it to see and experience. Try to catch on the guided tour!

Room Tip: haven´t been accommodated
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Klara V
Zamek L, Manažer at Spa Hotel Zamek Luzec, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2016

Dear Mrs. Klara,
thank you very much for your review and nice words. Thank you too for describe feelings and recommendations that are important to us. Staff and service improvements we are constantly working on it.
Have a nice day

Reviewed 31 October 2016

Went there with my wife for a last weekend of October 2016. Booked this hotel for it´s perfect location in the middle of forest away from the busy cities. It´s only 10 miles away from Karlovy Vary. The hotel was renewwed in 2014 and it still looks brand new. B&B (bed and breakfast) accomodation comes with free parking, free wi-fi and 9 AM-9 PM swimming pool access. There are only few sunbeds by the indoor pool so to get one you have to be lucky. There is a steam room (by the time we were there it was impossible to stay inside, the steam was still on, probably something went wrong). small hot top for 2 people and sauna room, quite good. The fact sauna is only accessible without bathing clothes and is basicly next to the pool and opposite the sunbeds makes kind of difficult do enter or exit without beeing seen, especially women have to feel embarrased. Not a good place for sauna.

We really appreciated 24/7 available fresh mineral spring Luzec for free. The water tastes great.

The rooms are just perfect, bed is comfy, only problém to either shave or to put make up on for ladies. There ain´t enough light in the bathroom. There is missing one more light bulb above the sink mirror and I´m not the only one to complain about it.

We really loved the metallic knights almost everywhere, guarding outside the walls ort he entrance gate or inside in the hallways, pretty neat. Also the paintings of the antient monarchs in the hallways are amazing.

We went for a nice journey to the Black Sea, walking distance about 2 miles one way, nice walk throught the forest and very romantic lake with 2 cottages near by. Besides that there´s not much to do, just relax.

Breakfast was good, just enough what we would expect from 4 star evaluated hotel.
All the staff was nice and professional. We only weren´t happy with the restaurant, not the staff, but the prices. Everything there is overpriced, even more expensive than in the center of Karlovy Vary. Probably the fact there is nowhere to go to eat or to have a beer makes the owners to think they can run pricy restaurant, well, it really was full, but we rather drove the car to Karlovy Vary. We only had an Irish coffe there and it wasn´t the real Irish coffee. No brown sugar inside, not only available in the restaurant, instead of the real whipped heavy cream there was artificial whipped cream from the can, too bad for that price.
There is also nicely equipped gym and one small room for kids, but the room is kind of poor, no slides, just a few mattresses and few toys.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Tomas V
Zamek L, Manažer at Spa Hotel Zamek Luzec, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

Dear Mr.Tom,
thank you very much for your nice word, nice review and for your total explanation of experiences. It is really important for us.
Now we are dealing with buying new lighting, more powerful bulbs.
So I hope that next time you come, it will be everything okay.
Black lake is beautifull and you right - we are primarily for relax.
Small room for kids - it is really new, so we will buy more toys etc., of course.
Thank you for nice word for our staff and Hotel.
Very much appreciated
With best greetings
Have a nice day

Reviewed 3 September 2016

All in all we have been satisfied. We liked the Spa and also the massages. The staff at the reception desk and in the Spa area was very friendly and helpful. Also the waitress + one waiter (who work together in pair) in restaurant were nice. WiFi connection was satisfying.
But ... there have been some small issues:
- the bathroom lighting was a bit poor
- some of the Russian guests have been a bit loud
- after ordering a steak we were very surprised as we got sliced meat ( similar to medallions)
We enjoined our stay.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Zamek L, Manažer at Spa Hotel Zamek Luzec, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2016

Dear traveler, Mr. Ali,
thank you very much for your beautiful words of praise, your feelings perfectly described and for your insights that enrich us constantly and they are very important for us. Definitely check up in the kitchen preparing steak :)
We will be very glad if you comming sometime back and wish you a wonderful day.
With best greetings
Lada Vimmerová

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nejdek
17.0 km away
Best Western Ahorn Hotel Oberwiesenthal
Best Western Ahorn Hotel Oberwie...
#3 of 14 in Kurort Oberwiesenthal
17.1 km away
Panorama Hotel
Panorama Hotel
#8 of 14 in Kurort Oberwiesenthal

Been to Spa Hotel Zamek Luzec? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK