“Needs improvements (I went there during lunch)”
Review of Masters Lounge

Masters Lounge
Ranked #19 of 47 Restaurants in Langford
Description: Rich leather seating sets the tone for Masters Lounge. With service for 60, Masters offers a relaxed ambiance required for winding down after an extended meeting or a day on the course. Sip a signature cocktail or pint of local craft beer with a light snack until you head over to dinner.
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Negatives:
- Menu option (only two main dishes, REALLY?)
- delayed guest service
- I had the worst chocolate fudge ever, the fruits were ok, but the milk chocolate was terrible
- orange juice tasted bad (like has been in the fridge for months)

Positives:
- Great food (I had Alfredo Pasta as main).
- great premises
- awesome view to green mountains
- midrange price
- cozy locations
- good wifi

Reviewed 24 January 2018

MASTERS! MASTERS! MASTERS! Okay, now that I got that out of my system on to the serious business:

Admittedly I can be a bit of a simpleton at times – attracted to places for very odd or simple reasons. In that respect, I’ve always liked the name of this establishment: “Masters Lounge.” I know the name refers to golfing tournaments, but to me it just sounds unintentionally humorous. For many a month I would bother my partner and ask, “Masters Lounge today?” This happened quite frequently and, I’m sure, wore on her nerves after a while. I suspect that’s why we finally came here – to get me to shut up about it. Needless to say, regardless of the reason as to WHY we were coming, I was nevertheless quite excited to finally try it.

Masters Lounge is nestled comfortably beside Bella inside Bear Mountain resort. As we expected, the atmosphere was very relaxed and exuded a kind of old world charm with the comfortable leather chairs, lovely fireplace and beautiful views of the golf course and surrounding mountains. We certainly can’t fault the Lounge for its ambiance because it strikes one as an ideal place to relax after a tough day. Would the food match up to this upscale environment?

We stopped by for lunch and ordered the “prawns firecrackers” and the tenderloin meatballs as appetizers. For our mains, we ordered the beef dip + fish and chips. As far as food quality goes, I would rate it as “average” overall. The prawns firecrackers, despite being advertised as having a “sesame tempura,” looked and tasted like your average, every day run-of-the-mill deep fried prawns you can get at any Chinese takeaway restaurant (where were the sesame seeds?). The only difference here is that you’re paying $14 before tax instead of $10 or less. The meatballs certainly looked nice, but if they hadn’t been in a nice tomato-based sauce they would’ve been completely sans flavour. My partner’s fish & chips looked very nice and it did have a nice, light crispy batter; however, the fish itself had absolutely no flavour whatsoever. It was much more style than substance. Finally, my beef dip was alright, but certainly nothing special. You can get a far better and larger beef dip at Floyd’s Diner for less cost. To be clear, the food wasn’t bad by any means. It just wasn’t memorable, nor did it justify the inflated pricing.

Now, my biggest gripe with Masters Lounge has less to do with the food and much more to do with the service. The kitchen’s timing was WAY OFF. Let me elaborate: Nearly 15 minutes after we’d sat down, another group of people sat at a table beside us. By happy coincidence, they ended up ordering nearly the exact same main dishes as us (one in their party also ordered a salad of some kind). The person who ordered the salad got it quickly while the other two in their party waited (awkward). Meanwhile my partner and I also waited and waited for our food. Finally, we saw the server coming with a beef dip and fish & chips . . . . but not for us. They put the food down at the table that had arrived NEARLY FIFTEEN MINUTES after us. Before we could flag her down to ask about our food, she was gone. A few minutes later she returned with our food at long last. While it’s entirely possible that the kitchen or the server simply got mixed up by the similar orders, it’s still pretty poor form to get your food AFTER a later arriving table.

FOOD: 3/5
SERVICE: 2/5
VALUE: 2.5/5
RECOMMENDATION: Despite my initial gusto for this place, it certainly didn’t inspire me to want to return. The food is overpriced for what you get and the service needs improvement. Yes, you get beautiful views and nice ambiance in the lounge, but that part of the “customer service experience” isn't sufficient.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Enjoy the live music very much. Food is good also. Reasonable price. We enjoy the atmosphere. The service was great the first night we were there, but not so great the second time we were there. Overall,we are happy.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

We love Bear Mountain that’s for sure but our recent visit to Masters Lounge was very disappointing. The bar itself is beautiful and we have been here for drinks many times but on this night we left feeling like we spent too much and on what? Nice place for a drink but don’t eat.

Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

After a great round of gold with my brother we met some family here for a couple drinks and some food. The service was great and food was very good. Prices are very reasonable. Will be returning. Thank you!