“Interesting place. ”
Review of Ma Miller’s Pub

Ma Miller’s Pub
Ranked #17 of 47 Restaurants in Langford
Price range: US$ 2 - US$ 18
Description: Historic pub and restaurant nestled beside Goldstream Campground and the E&N trail. Families welcome with children. Pub-fare, kids menu, gluten friendly and vegan options. Ten taps of local craft beer and domestic favourites.
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Ok, this place is kind of a fun down dark dingy place. Could be they are trying to be a retro 70’s country pub in the back waters of the back hill or something or it is simply old and rundown. Here’s the thing though, the servers are fantastic, the food for pub food is very good. Access, easy to get to, lots of parking and an awesome patio. Sunday’s there are some local musicians that shouldn’t play in public but oh well, they sound better simply by drinking more. There are some colourful characters here though so be on your toes. Only reason for four and not five stars.... some local hillbilly pretty intoxicated and a complete jerk...can’t use the word I want, Trip Adviser won’t allow it. Having s great afternoon turned evening... hillbilly clown gets in my face for no reason. He stayed, we left. There were about six at that table, just two at ours and that guys belly probably weighed as much as my wife. Didn’t want any trouble so just left. I don’t know if this is a regular thing or an isolated thing but it is enough of a thing that if I go there again, I will bring more than my wife. Anyway, besides all that, you should go check it out. Pretty cool little spot out in the backwaters.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Came across this place while I was out there working for a couple of days .
Food was decent and not to pricey.

Staff is really friendly.

Seems like there is a large local group of people that all get along . looks like the type of place you could make some friends if your new to the area.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Love this kind of pub, slightly tired or rough around the edges. Perfect to sit and talk and have a few drinks, music not that loud, decent drink menu. Food was ok, decent pub grub, very good onion rings. Service is friendly but not overbearing. Will return again.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

The food here, pretty basic pub food menu but it is good, surprisingly good actually. This place has the typical almost standard decode of the older out of Date country pub. Could use a flooring upgrade at the very least. The place was pretty busy when we went for lunch but we were served within minutes of sitting down. The server was gorgeous, she was fun, Actually, I think when our eyes met, my heart might have stopped beating for a few seconds... From the time we ordered until our food arrived, never had time to finish a drink so pretty fast, under fifteen minute. The food was really good and it wasn't very expensive, nice for a change. The place is a bit noisy but, of course it is, it is a popular spot. A very friendly atmosphere. The whole experience was a positive one. Jew parkway road is open so its super easy to get to, lots of parking. If I had time to just hang out at a place, you know, like the show Cheers? This would be the place. No, not just because of the woman that served us . But because of all of it. Good food, great price, easy access, lots of parking, wonderful staff. Of course I'm going back, going today actually. It seems they have live music on Sundays so I'm bringing the band, or those that want to come. No, not to play, just to listen to some locals sing and play, have some food, a few drinks maybe and just chillaxe.. You really need to get out of the city and check this place out. Don't drive, no worries, saw a bus stop close by.

Reviewed 25 November 2017

Wednesday evening meet with friend for pint and burgher. First and definitely the last time.

Expensive beer in a unattractive, coldly atmospheric setting with a below average burgher.

Raucous, amateurish (at best) karaoke at a level preventing conversation.

MaMillersPubTeam, Manager at Ma Miller’s Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2017

Hi Keith, sorry to hear about your experience on our Karaoke night. I will see about the Karaoke volume levels, thanks for bringing this to our attention as we absolutely want our non-karaoke patrons to still be enjoying their visit. As for our burger, we do make our own patties and hand-cut the fries so never from frozen. All of our alcoholic beverages are taxes (SST) included which puts us well below most establishments in the area so we are sorry if you felt you paid too much. Thanks for your review, I hope this helps a bit but if you would like to follow up at all please email us at info@mamillerspub.com. We hope to see you again for another try! Thanks again!