Hotel da Ameira(Montemor-o-Novo)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
MirArte(Montemor-o-Novo)
Agoda.com
Monte da Pedra(Montemor-o-Novo)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmichelin starmain buildingmodern architectureplunge pooltasting menunespresso machineoutdoor fireliving roomsoaking tubsky view suitepeaceful settingprivate patiodining tableour honeymoonoutside areagorgeous hotelglass of wine
Reviewed 9 April 2016 via mobile

We just left the L'AND Vineyards and it was a really different experience. We picked the hotel because of reviews not only on TA but also Andrew Harper, and it didn't disappoint.

The rooms are large but very minimalistic. There are not a lot of comfortable places to relax in the room but the beds are comfortable and the room is very clean. The rooms are made to feel like they are set in the middle of a vineyard. There literally are rows of vines in the areas in front of the rooms. The hotel overlooks a Moorish ruins on a hill in the distance which also adds to the experience.

The restaurant is amazing and the people couldn't be nicer. We had a private wine tasting which we thoroughly enjoyed and help us learn more about Portuguese wines..

This is not like a high end hotel from the states, but a very nice different experience in Portugal.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2016

This is an awesome place, with great service, attention to detail. I loved the spa, the common areas, the suites and the restaurant. We'll plan to definetely be back in the summer! The decor is stunning and it is also very conveniently located since its only 1 hour from Lisbon.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 February 2016 via mobile

I stayed at the L'And Vineyards for two nights for the New Year's Eve and the night before that. I originally booked only for the 30th for the Land View Suite but later added one more night for the Luxury Suite with Sky View. The hotel was nice enough to upgrade my first reservation to the Luxury Suite as well so I didn't have to check out and check in again, and I really appreciate it.
To begin my review of the Vineyards, I , first, had to go to a bank and make a wire transfer because their machine didn't work, so I did it. The staff who greeted me at the reception when I checked in was friendly, but others not so much afterwards until my departure.
The property is great in terms of architecture. The room was spacious with a huge living room and a bathroom, but for somehow, I didn't feel comfortable at all in the room. The suite is very big, and that's it. The living room lacked so much of lighting that I had to have dinner in near darkness; the bathroom also didn't have enough light and even the walls and floor were in dark colors, so it looked a bit depressing. I couldn't use the bathtub because it didn't have hot water. The whole interior design lacks something to make you feel at home. There's not so much to do at night on the property other than staying in your room or in the lobby because the outside is even darker, but it's understandable because I was there to relax. So, I went to the lobby area one night to have a drink and desserts, but every time when I needed something, I had to go all the way to the restaurant and either order there or ask someone to come over, and later, I gave up and left earlier than I had wished. The room-service food was okay, and they could have done better with the breakfast (a very small selection of food for breakfast).
I had a facial and body massages at a 30-percent-reduced price as I made an early reservation; but I would say the quality of treatments were just average. You can get a similar treatment in many places.
My overall experience at the L'And Vineyard was just okay. Maybe it's because I had so much expectations before going there, but considering the amount of money I spent for only two nights (which was still quite big even if it was the New Year's Eve), I think it's reasonable to expect something great, and it was just an average.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Da K
Reviewed 10 February 2016

We had planned this stay earlier in October, a well deserved break for two. We try to repeat this date once a year: a dreamy hotel not far away from our city, good food and some spa pampering in the mix.
I had my eye on L'and Vineyards for a while, and the presence of the Spa Vinotherapie from Caudalie didn't hurt either.
As already anticipated we were overwhelmed by the architectural project, guided by straight minimal lines and superbly integrated in Alentejo's landscape.
The spacious suites offer all the comforts of a luxury hotel, in addition to privacy and a very pleasant outdoor yard.
Also noteworthy the beautiful interior decor and in particular the warmed floor and seat on the sanitary facilities.
After one of the best buffet breakfast I ever had : including fresh fruits, homemade eggs and pancakes and wonderful queijadas, it was time for my spa treatment.
I booked the Crushed Cabernet Scrub, one of Caudalie's cult treatments and starting engine.
It was a beautiful sunny day, perfect to enjoy the various outdoor spaces offered by the hotel. We relaxed , caught up with some reading and even wandered by the large grounds using bycicles available at the resort.
These were very special moments, crucial to unwind and recharge our couple batteries. We will surely be back with the girls because L'and Vineyards is an enterprise to be experienced within the family.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2016

We booked two nights in this hotel early in January because it had a Michelin star, unfortunately a few days after we booked we found out in the 2016 guide they had lost this prestigious award. We decided to go anyway, as the line can be fine between having a Michelin star and not having one, which was a mistake. The hotel itself is a low rise modern building, a lovely design, the rooms are separate from the main hotel reception, bar lounge and restaurant, from our room it was a 100 meter or so walk, or a quick drive. The hotels main areas are modern, stylish and comfortable, the reception staff were friendly and spoke good English ( we didn't need it as we speak enough Portuguese) but for non Portuguese guests it is a bonus. On arrival we were offered a welcome drink and the hotels amenities were explained really well, including the time the spa was open etc. We were driven to our room, we had a booked a standard room, but we given a more spacious family room with views over the small lake to Montemor o novo itself. Very pretty views, the room was nice and large, again modern in decoration, with a great outdoor area, with a fire place, which was set and in the evening they offer to light it for you if you want to sit outside. The bathroom wall coverings were a little tired, and patched, could do with a complete revamp, but the shower was great.
The bedroom was small but fully formed and the bed was great large and comfortable. Now to the less than good bits, we walked over to the main reception areas to have a lunch, the bar area, I say this advisedly because it's a lounge really and doesn't contain a bar, was comfortable, but after sitting down for some ten minutes or more we had to go and ask at reception for someone to come and take our order, once we had asked for service it came quickly, and drinks menus and lunch menus promptly were delivered, orders were taken. But, every time we wanted something we had to go reception to ask for service again. This eventually annoyed us, as for a upmarket hotel service is key. In the evening we went to the wine tasting, which we were told about on arrival, and were very disappointed, the sommelier was very knowledgable, he told us about the vintage he had opened, a 2012 which he then went on to tell us wasn't such a good year, as the weather affected the harvest, he gave us a glass to taste, it was ok, and we could see what he meant, we then waited for another sample, perhaps of the 2011 vintage which he had said was much better, but no we only were offered the one glass of the not so good 2012! I have to say that we thought this very odd indeed, why would any hotel that has its own vineyard, offer you a tasting which consisted in only one glass, and a inferior wine at that. I would have thought giving us a glass of the best wine would have encouraged us to buy some! He did exhort us to try the 2011 a bottle of which was in every room to buy at €15. Breakfast was not included in our room rate, which wasn't a problem as it gave us the option to have it or not, the next morning we decided to have breakfast, it was a reasonably comprehensive continental style, with the option of having hot eggs anyway you liked. We asked for English tea which came in a teapot, and was hot, unfortunately one tea bag was early grey and the other English breakfast! I liked breakfast, but thought at €22 it was well overpriced. We also ate in the restaurant but I will review this separately. We did have lunch in the bar/lounge and this was excellent, both our choices were really good, particularly the lamb in the pitta bread, delicious, all boded well for dinner.....or so we thought.....

Room Tip: For families the rooms are good, with separate bedrooms off the lounge area for kids.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple