Lowest prices for your stay
RitzCarlton.com
US$ 398
View deal
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
1,770 results
All reviews ritz carlton beautiful resort six senses kids club executive suite lisbon airport lungo monastery sintra spa wedding portugal concierge conference euros uber midori
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 April 2021

I stayed here over a year ago but didn’t get round to writing a review.

It was a 45 minute Uber ride from Lisbon airport. Amazing location set in a former monastery in an area called Sintra to the west of Lisbon.

Good decor, good food, amazing bedding, excellent breakfast selection. High end restaurant on site for dinners a short walk from the front reception. I liked this resort as it was not crowded and too busy. Perhaps it’s large size made sure you don’t bump into people often.

Hotel staff were friendly and helpful.

Cascais and Estoril on the coast are just a short taxi ride away and offer an amazing choice of sea food restaurants which this part of Portugal is very well known for.

I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2020
Reviewed 2 January 2021 via mobile

We had a great stay at this Resort, very child friendly.
The golf and the surroundings are amazing in a region full of nature and history.
Service is really good with a lot of efforts made by the staff.
AMAZING bar with a Gin and Tonic choice I have barely seen.
I must say that the structure and rooms needs a serious refurbishment but I have seen already some new rooms with up to date standard .
We had a beautiful corner suite on the golf and despite the bad wealthier we really enjoyed the trip in this beautiful par of Portugal.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Susana Mata, Other at Penha Longa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2021

Dear Francesco G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.
We are pleased to know you enjoyed our facilities and had a great time.
We look forward to welcoming you back and wish you a very happy New Year.
Warm regards

Quality Team

Reviewed 16 November 2020 via mobile

⚠️ WARNING! Penha Longa catering / Penha Longa Resort, apart from having disappointed us with a terrible service, messing up the event, causing terrible embarrassment for the bride and groom and not complying with the agreed contract;
after a whole year they haven't even refunded the emergency deposit, recognised the terrible errors they had nor assumed the terrible loses caused by them, which results on a terrible example towards the great Portuguese hospitality name...
Complete disgrace!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Susana Mata, Other at Penha Longa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2020

Dear Luiscaminate,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your event. We appreciate your comments and will share your message appropriately within the organization.
Kind regards

Quality Team

Reviewed 3 November 2020

This hotel is like my oasis in the mountins. When I need to rest and relax I come here.

Every time I come, I never cease to be amazed.

This time I was upgraded to the best room I've ever stayed at in the hotel.

Ana did an amazing job of making sure that we had everything we need, going above and beyond which included a glass of champagne on arrival.

Ana walked us to our room and was so helpful and provided exceptional service. I couldn't be happier.

Rita at breakfast even remembered us from the last time we were at the hotel a number of months ago. I couldn't believe her excellent memory and I was grateful for how she looked after us each day.

I'll be back in a few weeks, the experience was so good.

Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 2 November 2020

This property is just such a treat and I think my favorite Bonvoy property in Portugal. My girlfriend and our friend just booked two rooms here for her birthday and I let the Bonvoy Ambassador Service know it was my girlfriend's birthday, and we'd like our room to be close to our friend's room. Well, the day before the hotel called and confirmed our stay (which I loved) and then upon arrival we were greeted by name with glasses of Portugese sparkling wine and escorted to our combined two imperial suites with a beautiful hosting space in between that had a piano and was decorated for my girlfriend's birthday. It was the MOST special experience any Bonvoy hotel has ever given me and such a beautiful upgrade from a standard room. It really speaks to why I love Ritz Carlton properties and the Bonvoy program!

In addition to the beautiful space with a sauna, jetted bathtub, gorgeous rainfall shower, piano, kitchen, office, and three lovely balconies overlooking the property we were able to experience the F&B offerings which included a great breakfast, served in a buffet style but with extra support due to COVID so that the staff picked things up for you. Additionally we ate lunch at Arola and had great tartare, awesome crab, and some solid octopus.

The staff was happy to drive us around the property when it was raining in the Mercedes van and serve to any of our needs as they came up. The hotel felt super safe despite COVID being a reality of the time, and when it was time to checkout I was sooo sad I wanted to extend my stay for weeks.

I look forward to coming back to this hotel and experience the amazing service once again.

Date of stay: October 2020