Review Highlights
Flamingo tour

Tour was perfect, we saw more than expected. In 3 hours we visited pink lakes, flamingos... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Monika L
via mobile
Good local and bird knowledge

We used the services of this company for birding and staying at the small lodge. (I work in the... read more

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
Pomarinus
Malmö

All reviews mud bath boat tour diego nunez birds and animals great birding maya restaurant flamingo tour wood storks nature preserve three hours pink flamingos unforgettable experience salt flats great birds small boat his life an excellent guide
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

We rented a car in cancun and drove to Rio lagartos very easy to get to 3..hour drive maybe even more we didn't keep track of time gas stations all the way fruit stands taco stands. Then we got to Rio lagartos it's a quiet fishermen village that also offer tours to see wildlife. .many different birds. Alligators then you get to see hundreds if not thousands of flamingoes depending what time of year but it is year long. Accommodation are all around and decently prices. As for restaurants also. It's worth the ride. ..and also on the way is the ruins of ek balam they ate stunning and have a beautiful cenote I recommend you plan a 2 day trip for this road trip. Road are safe a nice. Just be careful to the many speed bumps if you are no taking the toll route. Many little villages. Kids selling fruits on the way . I have been 3 times to Rio lagartos always a great time

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

Diego and his family fa well run operation. This is our second time fishing from their hotel and both experiences we're perfect. Accommodations neat and on the fishing dock ready to leave in the morning.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

We visited the eco-park here and enjoyed the visit very much. From the boat ride thru the mangroves to the lunch at the end of the tour, we enjoyed all aspects of the visit. We saw lots of water birds (cormorants, pelicans, flamingos, egrets, etc.), a 7-foot crocodile that came right alongside our boat, pink waters and beaches, flocks of flamingos, a Mayan mud bath (everyone should do this at least once!) and a nice rinse in the surf to rid ourselves of the mud bath coating! This is an interesting and unusual way to spend a few hours. We highly recommend it!

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

I spent 5 days in Rio Lagartos and my tour of the BioReserve was by far the most beautiful experience! I booked the 3 hour Deluxe Flamingo Tour through Rio Lagartos Adventures and Diego Jr. was my guide for the morning.

Diego Jr. was polite, professional and very knowledgeable of the area and bird species residing there.

As a solo female traveler, I felt very at ease and had a wonderful morning on the water!

I would very much recommend a tour with Rio Lagartos Adventures... this is a beautiful reserve and it was nice to experience the space through the eyes of someone who respects nature and her delicate balance!

4  Thank Stacie227
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

This tour was awesome. I was reluctant to drive 3 hours but pleasantly surprised. The pink lakes alone were well worth it all. As for the different species of birds, we didn't see too many. Maybe an off day?

Our tour guide, Damian was great! Very knowledgeable, professional and accommodating. We had a blast! And my skin still feels softer than after the spa. I thought it was worth the price as well! Thanks again Damian!