US$ 301
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsreef shoesmuri beachwelcoming personwithin walking distancesmall poolfresh fruitspacious accommodationnight marketthe location is perfectheaven on earthdeck chairsbeautiful islandspent nightsvinabungalowlotusvee
Reviewed 3 July 2012

There are a lot of other, larger places to stay on Muri, but I chose this one because it looked a bit more private. And I was not disappointed... the units are *massive*, amazingly clean, stylish with a modern feel, and huge covered deck areas. I haven't stayed anywhere else on Muri but I don't think I would. I had the beachfront unit, right next the beach and the pool (but they all kind of are).

My flight got in at the normal 1am, the driver greeted me with keys and a note telling me where the unit was. When we actually got there though, Vina was still up and showed me to the unit and made sure I had everything I needed... it must've been 1:30 by that point. She's awesome!! Helped me out with laundry, told me about the Cooks in general and was super, super friendly. Definitely made my stay as a solo traveler much more enjoyable.

And... of course, the location is great. Bike/Scooter hire across the road, awesome artisan shops minutes down the road, and the big resort activities are right there too if you want them. 5 stars!

Room Tip: Any of the rooms here are great.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank akevan
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We stayed at one of their retreat cottages. We were quite happy with it. It is a little far fromthe beach, but then again, nothing is really far from the beach in Raro. I would rate the cleanliness (by my standard) an 9/10 as one ceiling fan in the master's bedroom was so dirty we did not dare use it for fear the dirt would fall on us! and it was obvious no one cleaned under the sofa in the lounge. The cottage was very roomy! A lot more then expected. Superbly set up kitchen with all the trimmings and a normal size fridge. If one uses this cottage, one must rent a means of transport which completes the stay. We rented a motorcycle and enjoyed our stay tremendiously! We would certainly recommend this hideaway which also comes with a very excellent service from the manager!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 June 2012

If you are looking for a real cook island experience book Muribeach hideaway. There are 5 bungalows which are located right on Muribeach, minutes away from espresso coffee, a wonderful bakery, a convenience store and best of all seconds away from Muri beach lagoon.The bungalows are surrounded by the most amazing garden, from bananas hanging from the tree's and passion fruits hanging from the vine, I couldn't be happier with our accommodation. We were in Raro for a wedding, after visiting friends in various accommodations I must say I was quietly stoked with our accommodation. Peace, tranquility with all the amenities what else can I say. Thank you to Vina for your hospitality, we had the best time, and will remember this holiday for ever. We plan to be back on your beautiful island soon! Kia Orana!

Room Tip: The Lotus Bungalows were very private !
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank raftingnewzealand
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We stayed here in early March 2012 as celebration for my husband's birthday, had the bungalow right on the beach, fully self contained, small kitchen which had everything we needed, bathroom was clean and well kept. Bed very comfortable, very quiet in the evenings, lovely beach just few steps away, water looked like the photos, beautiful shade of blue, shallow enough to wade and snorkel, all equipment available, even kayaks which we tried. Easy walk along the beach to restaurants, and also along main road - two minutes walk to small general store/petrol pumps, and other direction two minutes to car hire, etc. The sky at night was so beautiful, no light pollution so we could even see the southern cross - something we wont forget. Vina is the best, nothing too much trouble, lots of advice, where to go and what to see, and we had a fantastic home cooked meal with them one evening along with other guests. Very good place for lunch is the Saltwater Cafe, about 15 minutes drive from Muri Beach, also must visit place is the Punanga Nui Cultural market and the Te Vara Nui Evening Show, just fantastic. Also the small museum in the old Library by the church in Avarua, well worth a visit for history/photos/artifacts of the area.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tugflorida
Reviewed 3 April 2012

My husband and I have only just returned from Rarotonga where we attended our nieces wedding and stayed at the Muri Beach Hideaway, right from day one we were treated so very well by Paulne and Vina. Our Lotus bungalow was very clean, private and well equiped, we had a small kitchen that we could prepare our own meals, eating out on the balcony was tops especially breakfast in in which we had fresh fruit readily available from local shops and stalls. It was great to be able to just walk a few meters to the beach and also be able to take a canoe out when ever you wanted. We were priviliged to be invited to an Umu that our hosts put on for thier guests (we are definatly going to build one Pauline) it was so yummy. Everthing you see in the photos that are on the webb are very accurate (no photo shopping here). Just cant say enough about the place thank you to two wonderful ladies that helped make our trip so fantastic we were sad to leave.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family