“Excellent property & fab buffet breakfast”

Vivanta by Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Sinquerim
Bangalore
“Excellent property & fab buffet breakfast”
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I had visited Fort Aguada with my team for an offsite and it was probably the best visit I had to Goa. This property is on one of the best beaches, excellent views of the sea from our room and a fab buffet breakfast. One of the things I was very worried about when I was heading to Goa was the aspect of whether I would get vegetarian food and thankfully the breakfast I had here ensured I lasted the day. Excellent breakfast and some very good fun activities ensured that this visit was an fun filled trip for all.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (804)
  • Arabic first
Mumbai, India
Reviewed 28 May 2012

When you are on a holiday, it is the little things that make your holiday memorable. Nobody understands this better than the Taj hotels, and for that alone, I will give them a ten on ten.

From the moment we stepped into the property, courteous guards, reception staff, and every busybody in the hotel greet you with smiles. They welcome you as if you are an old friend returning home. We had a friendly Nalisha who showed us around and even upgraded our accommodation to a suite, though we had booked a superior room. Kids were delighted with goodies on a plate with their names inscribed with chocolate sauce. Every evening the housekeeping staff left a polite note that reminded us that we were being taken care of.

The property is impeccable, service flawless. The beach is stunning, especially if you get a private sit-out that overlooks the sea. I have been to Goa four times, and I fall in love with Goa every time I go there.

Taj is a labor of love, and you can see that when the service staff painstakingly gently places flowers in a ceramic bowl, ensuring that no flower overlaps with another flower. The attendant at the swimming pool is friendly, but allows no nonsense. That's good, especially when some guests forget to behave.

The downside was that the Gym and other facilities were away from the main property, as it was shared by the Holiday Village. Though the hotel offered free pickup and drop service, I felt that the effort was not worth the trouble.

The buffet spread was decent, but I have had better. This is one area the hotel can work on improving. Given that they are a five star hotel, they could probably work on improving quality. For instance the parathas tasted flat, and the puris were chewy and oily. Also, some Goan specialties would have added some fun element.

Would I come back to Fort Aguada? Sure, I'd love to. As I said earlier, it is the attention to detail that worked its magic for me. Taj made my holiday memorable, and I am grateful to them for their service.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank SimranTrip
Mumbai
Reviewed 28 May 2012

The Taj Fort Aguada is the the vintage old beach resort. Went with my wife in mid may and I must say the service was impeccable. We had an early flight into Goa, so they picked us up by coach at the airport, they also provide pickups in a pvt car but at an extra cost. They let us check in early since we arrived around 8 am...

Room Tip: if its not in your budget, just stress a bit more and you could have a wonderfull stay...and a world...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Gurgaon
Reviewed 16 May 2012

We stayed in this property for 2 nights, and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. The rooms are great with amazing view of the ocean. the staff is great, very courteous and extremely polite. But the highlight of the trip was the dinner which we did by the bar which is near the pool and almost next to the ocean. It was such a peaceful experience to enjoy nothing but the sound of the ocean and the sea breeze during a candle light dinner. Overall its an amazing place but can be a little steep especially during the peak season, cause at that time all hotels charge full rack rates. But the good thing is if you book a bit in advance you can have some really attractive deals which can be a steal sometimes.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a ocean facing room
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank udayahlawat
Jersey city
Reviewed 16 May 2012 via mobile

We stayed at Taj Aguada for 4 nights with all meals inclusive package. Didn't find the hotel to really b a 5 star hotel. The rooms were quite ok. Menu in speciality restaurant was pre set and was the same everyday for lunch and dinner which was quite annoying.
The amenities like billiards and tennis were not free and were chargeable by hour which was also not like any other 5 star hotel. They didn't serve drinks in the pool which was quite stupid.
Service was great and the view was good.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Nitsjain
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sinquerim
0.3 km away
2.6 km away
Novotel Goa Resort & Spa
Novotel Goa Resort & Spa
#6 of 64 in Candolim

Been to Vivanta by Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK