When you are on a holiday, it is the little things that make your holiday memorable. Nobody understands this better than the Taj hotels, and for that alone, I will give them a ten on ten.
From the moment we stepped into the property, courteous guards, reception staff, and every busybody in the hotel greet you with smiles. They welcome you as if you are an old friend returning home. We had a friendly Nalisha who showed us around and even upgraded our accommodation to a suite, though we had booked a superior room. Kids were delighted with goodies on a plate with their names inscribed with chocolate sauce. Every evening the housekeeping staff left a polite note that reminded us that we were being taken care of.
The property is impeccable, service flawless. The beach is stunning, especially if you get a private sit-out that overlooks the sea. I have been to Goa four times, and I fall in love with Goa every time I go there.
Taj is a labor of love, and you can see that when the service staff painstakingly gently places flowers in a ceramic bowl, ensuring that no flower overlaps with another flower. The attendant at the swimming pool is friendly, but allows no nonsense. That's good, especially when some guests forget to behave.
The downside was that the Gym and other facilities were away from the main property, as it was shared by the Holiday Village. Though the hotel offered free pickup and drop service, I felt that the effort was not worth the trouble.
The buffet spread was decent, but I have had better. This is one area the hotel can work on improving. Given that they are a five star hotel, they could probably work on improving quality. For instance the parathas tasted flat, and the puris were chewy and oily. Also, some Goan specialties would have added some fun element.
Would I come back to Fort Aguada? Sure, I'd love to. As I said earlier, it is the attention to detail that worked its magic for me. Taj made my holiday memorable, and I am grateful to them for their service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vivanta by Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa is at its best. Romantic. Charming. Vibrant. It has history woven in its walls. It's where royalty, heads of government and the biggest celebrities are known to frequent. For the luxury Goa experience, which no other place has been able to recreate. Not much has changed. In the renewed rooms, cottages and villas, the nouvelle restaurants, the island bar, and the Jiva spa where you'll go Ah! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, TravelGuru, Prestigia and Expedia so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa Hotel Sinquerim
- Fort Aguada Beach Hotel
- Fort Aguada Beach Sinquerim
- Fort Aguada Beach Resort
- Vivanta By Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa India