“"Sonar Hotel, Sonar Bangla"”

Hotel Sonar Bangla - Digha
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Digha
Hotel Sonar Bangla - Digha
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Digha
Bengaluru, India
“"Sonar Hotel, Sonar Bangla"”
Reviewed 12 June 2011

It is a very nice Hotel situated at Old Digha.
The Room are very specious. It is not very costly.
If some one likes Begali food, this Hotel will provide you very testy Bengali food.
Hotel is very neat and clean and near to sea beach.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
5 Thank kajal79
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Calcutta
Reviewed 21 May 2011

Never visit hotel Sonar Bangla in Tajpur near Digha. The hotel staff has lackadaisical attitude, service is very poor and the hotel is visited mainly by groups of young and old men who have come to Tajpur for some free fun. I would like to share a horrible experience that I had tonight. I went with my family and had gone down to have dinner in the dining hall at 8.30 pm. We were waiting till midnight and no dinner was served to us because the hotel staff were busy catering to bunch of uncouth, absolutely drunk middle aged men of 50 something. They had come in two Sumos and were drunk beyond their senses. We were waiting in the verandah since 8.30 pm and asked for our dinner atleast 5 times. Every time the staff would say that they would serve us as soon as the group finished their dinner (though they had the option of serving food in rooms) . Meantime those middle aged men started passing remarks and abuses towards me and my husband. They were walking up and down in front of us and were farting noisely. I was feeling very embarrassed by their lewd remarks and behavior in front of my young son. When my husband made objection to the hotel reception, one of the drunkard threatened us by saying that his name is Shibaji Sengupta and that he is a resident of Jadavpur and is a close associate of Subrata Mukherjee of TMC. We would face dire consequences if we do not take back our complaint. The hotel staff just kept mum and did nothing to save our grace. We demanded to see the owner or atleast speak to him but the staff did not cooperate. We had a feeling that the hotel staff is used to this kind of incidences and do not pay any attention and tries to avoid. Whenever a family visits unknowingly they face this kind of consequence. My request to all who want to visit this hotel with family and young children – please do not stay here because you never know when you will be attacked by resident drunkards and the hotel won’t come to your help.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
31 Thank Nandini300

Travellers are raving about these Digha hotels

Kolkata, India
Reviewed 21 April 2011

Located in Barrister Colony, quite some distance from Sea Hawk. No sea view rooms. Paints peeling off. Lights insufficient. We stayed for 4 days. Bedsheet / towels not changed even once after check-in. Pretty far from sea beach. Did not meet my average expectations of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank asheshghosh
kolkata
Reviewed 24 March 2011

We stayed at the digha in January 2011
Both of us had a great time here, it was our relaxtion time after the work work n work...
The hotel is satisfying. our room was good...
The food was a good, fresh selection and very tasty

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hanishcmss
Kolkata, India
Reviewed 28 December 2010

I wanted to take a short break from the city madness and hence headed to Digha, the nearest beach town. However, my decision to stay at the Hotel Sonar Bangla proved disastrous. The rooms are not at all good and the food pathetic. These were the basics I needed during a leisurely holiday, but just couldn't find at this hotel. I had to go around the town to eat. The bed was not at all comfortable. It is a definitely a no-no if I ever happen to visit Digha again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple