Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.com$41
Etrip
Vio.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

We stayed in eco- resort which is bang opposite. Though our stay had been comfortable there, but the food was very bad. So we had to look out for food and our search landed us in shail Inn.

Not only we were satisfied to the fullest with the quality and quantity of food, but also impressed by the property. Its a large property with ample parking space, well maintained exteriors and interiors.

Since the property was managed by the owner itself, it didn't left any scope for the staff to deliver leniency in any of the services. Moreover the owner and his family (wife and son) who stayed in the house within the property itself, seemed quite amicable.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Mansi B
Sudarshan S, Owner at Shri Shail Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Thank You mam for your say..
Please visit us again

Reviewed 9 June 2016

Hi All,

I just visited Mukteshwar 2 days back (6th to 8th June 2016) and writing these reviews while my memory is still afresh.

To give a little background on myself - I have been travelling to Kumaon, Garwal, Himachal, Ladhak & Spiti for last 12 years and probably this is my 20th trip to Kumaon and 5th to Mukteshwar - So I am well familiar with the locations and probably visited each of the good resorts (if not stayed there for any reasons) in Kumaon region.

Coming back to Shri Shail Inn.

I am very particular about cleanliness, quality of food, nature friendly and peaceful location and I generally do not like typical hotel types hotels. That means I do a lot of search and then only select a hotel / resort / home stay that has most of the above qualities.

This time too, I visited at least 15 hotels / resorts before finally (and probably accidental) I reached Shri Shail Inn. The name did not impress me and looked like just another hotel but I really felt good when I reached the resort and instantly liked it. So did my wife and my 16 year kid.

Plus points -
1) New resort and construction quality is superb with all facilities
2) The resort is at a commanding position and has excellent views from front and back both.
3) Food quality is superb and very homely food (they have variety too). Very hygienic too (visited their kitchen too and very neat and clean). I am a Punjabi and if I liked the food - there are reasons to believe.
4) Staff was very courteous and helpful and smiley.
5) Lots of fruit trees and you are free to pluck and eat if these are there on season
6) The owner (both husband and wife) are caring
7) Good for family (Note - it was packed with families when we stayed)

Improvements -
1) Service time may have been a little better ( though that was not an issue for us)
2) There is a big lawn at the side - It needs to have good quality grass and flowers). Though other areas had it.
3) Tables chairs kept outside the rooms (in varanda) could have been of cane rather than plastic - I dislike plastic personally
4) Rates are a little on higher side - Room costing 4500 should probably be 3500-4000 but its good quality and neat and clean makes up for the extra money.
5) There should be barbe queue at night - we missed this
6) Some play room for kids maybe (though my kid was 16 years and we did not feel the need - but for others who have smaller kids)
7) tv reception could have been improved - but we hardly saw tv for 2 hours in our 3 day stay.

Overall - Its very good and one of the best in Mukteshar. Highly recommended and will certainly stay again.

Thanks
Ashok Khatri

Room tip: back rooms are even better than the front ones for great views
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Khatri19

Thank You so much sir for your views on our resort!!
we will surely improve our facilities as you mentioned above..
have a good day

Reviewed 30 October 2015

We stayed at Shri Shail Inn during long weekend in October 2015 for two nights. While the entire Mukteshwar seemed to be booked, Shail Inn came as a pleasant rescue. The property is clean & well laid out, offering direct view of the valley. The rooms & washrooms are very spacious & the hotel premises has parking space as well. All rooms offer good views of the valley. Food was ok but the service was slow, may be due to the peak season rush. Mr. Sahi, the owner of the place, is a nice & helpful person. He guided us for sightseeing & routes as well. Overall, satisfactory stay at Shri Shail Inn.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
8  Thank Pratibha S
Reviewed 19 October 2015

It was nice stay for two nights I was in room no 107 on 15 th and 16 th October 2015 and it was just home bed linen,Mattress was comfortable,bathroom was clean and hotwater was available,food was very homely only unfortunate was we were not able to see Himalya due to cloud.Room was very spacious.

Room tip: Room no 107 and Room no 108
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank srirajeshk
Reviewed 1 July 2015

We stayed at Shri Shail Inn at the end of June and we had a wonderful time. The family who runs the Inn are genuinely wonderful people, who are warm, welcoming and very accommodating. The Inn provides a panoramic view of the valley and the rooms are clean and well- maintained. We will certainly visit the place again in a heartbeat.

I was surprised to see the review by anantk186 of the Inn, who was there at the same time as us. I was appalled to see that these visitors were cooking in a hotel room as I saw a gas cylinder being brought out and unfortunately we were to shift from our room to theirs after they left. The poor owners had such a hard time cleaning up the eggshells and mess that they had left. Some of them helped themselves to fruits from their orchard, which is private property!!!

If as travelers we expect clean surroundings, it is our duty to also maintain those surroundings and not create a mess wherever we go. I would also suggest that we abstain from making derogatory personal remarks about people in our reviews such as "bearded fellow" that has been written by this reviewer- anantk186. This is not in good taste.

The owners are humble, down-to-earth and extended themselves beyond their duty to make their guests feel welcome. It is also our duty to enjoy and not destroy the premises.

Date of stay: June 2015