“Their Quality has degraded.. was let down!”

Mountain Trail Resort
Ranked #4 of 24 Mukteshwar B&B and Inns
New Delhi, India
“Their Quality has degraded.. was let down!”
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I went to stay in this hotel with my family for the independence day weekend. I have already come to mukteshwar with my friends a year ago and always wanted to come again as this hill station is simply incredible.
It took 12 hours journey from delhi to reach because of the huge rush on roads.

I never expected that I would be in for such a huge disappointment at this hotel. I was in the family room which doesn't have any hill view, but that wasn't the deal breaker for me. The floor of room was not clean, bedsheets were dirty, blankets were stinking. There was dampness in the room. There were few dead spiders and insects under the bed and corners. The toilet was very average and not that clean. They only put the sanitized tag on the commode but the bathroom overall was not clean. Simply ruined my holiday!

But fortunately the food was good and comparable to good Delhi restaurants. It was the only high point in the hotel. I couldn't stay in this hotel for more than 1 night and shifted to Krishna Orchard, which was a wise decision on my part.

Finally, I would definitely not recommend anyone to stay in the family room at this hotel but as there are so many positive reviews, on whose basis even I went to this hotel, one can try other rooms. There are 2 family rooms and 10 deluxe rooms.
While checking out in the morning , I asked for discount but the manager rudely rejected it so I lost my temper and gave him what he asked for, 7000 for single night.

Room Tip: Never think about staying in the family room. You can try other rooms.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank travel_freaklover
dilipgupta, Owner at Mountain Trail Resort, responded to this review, 18 August 2011
All this because a DISCOUNT was not offered. This family was a WALK-IN guest who settled for the room after duly seeing and inspecting it, If there was no view,room was dirty, damp with dead spiders, why did they take it? All this could not have happened after they checked in just for one night. They had not paid any ADVANCE, hence there was no compulsion to take the room. In our brochures,information leafs,website we have clearly submitted in writing that these 02 FAMILY ROOMS are away from the main cluster and does not have CLEAR VIEWS.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 16 July 2011

12 Hours of tiring journey to Mukteshwar, I questioned if this is what we wanted of a holiday to this remote hill station. Meeting the Gupta family gave me the answer...Mountain Trail was indeed home away from home. Warm family hospitality, cosy cottages combined with delicious cuisine - it had all the indredients for a great hoilday stay!! Adventure seekers will not be disappointed as the resort can arrange for an array of activities for all age groups. The in-house Choco House can sweeten your stay even more. If lucky, the great Himalayas will reveal its majectic self to mesmerise you to stay on... and thats exactly what we did!!!! SAHANA SHARMA, Gurgaon

Room Tip: overlooking the himalyan range
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
nagpur
Reviewed 12 July 2011

The place is affluent in scenic splendor, commands a breathtaking view of the Himalayas with magnificent views. The place is in the scenic city are really attractive to those looking for enchanting retreat from large chaotic cities. Its a place to visit.....

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 11 July 2011

I had been contemplating travelling to the North Indian Hills and finally got a chance to visit the Nainital area. I am so glad that we selected the Mountain Trail Resort - Mukteshwar which is a comfortable driving distance from the Nainital Lake and if I had known of it's beauty I would have not stayed in the crowd and relaxed at this very homely place where the Manager and his team made sure me and my wife took back fond memories. The food was to die for and the rooms were well kept. The sitting area outside our room was a romantic little enclosure where we spent most part of our mornings. Highly recommended for the off-beat seakers.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Ambala, India
Reviewed 10 July 2011

the first thing tat comes to mind wen i recall our stay in mountain trail is its natural beauty....the resort is full of greenery which we normally miss...our rooms were in between d trees of apples, plums and almonds....and ofcourse FOOD HERE IS SIMPLY AWESOME....its yummy along with being healthy...u dont feel stuffed aftr havng d food..great variety of breakfast, lunch nd dinner buffet...soups, starters nd desserts...pakoras with the evening tea..u cant choose which one was best amongst them..the staff was so helpful nd polite...rooms were good...ohh i luvd jus each nd everything of mountain trail..luking forwrd to the next visit..

Room Tip: rooms nearer to the reception help you in quick access to the restaurant....bt the rooms far away ha...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Meenakshi22
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mukteshwar
5.2 km away
3.5 km away
Cottage Nirvana
Cottage Nirvana
#2 of 28 in Mukteshwar

Been to Mountain Trail Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK