Relax Inn
US$ 41
Devashish Hotel(Haldwani)
US$ 71
Hotel Silver Palace(Haldwani)(Great Value!)
US$ 33
  • Breakfast included
Lavanya Towar(Haldwani)
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewskathgodam stationplace to staythe main roadrailwayoption
Reviewed 23 May 2012

this is a strictly ok place meant for an overnight stay. Main advantages are : quite near the railway station. Very good food. The staff is very helpful. They even arranged a good driver for our trip to Nainital.

Room Tip: please select ac rooms if you are travelling in the month of april/ may. The non ac rooms are stifling hot. The temp in Kathgodam is high. Do not be deceived by its proximity to Nainital.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 December 2011

The Relax Inn was a good place to stay for an overnight stop in Kathgodam. I could walk to the hotel from the station. I had a clean room, and a quiet nights sleep. The staff were helpful. There is a restaurant, and the food is quite good.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Lucy G
DheerajBisht, Owner at Relax Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Thankyou Ma'am,
I appreciate you taking out time to write a review. Its a pleasure to know that your stay with us was pleasant.
Warm Regards

Reviewed 9 December 2011

Sorry, to say I cannot find much good to say about this hotel. My wife & I have travelled India extensively and when we read the reviews of this hotel, felt we were in for something somewhat special - particularly when we had to pay the full price up front on internet booking plus agree to no refund if unable to take up the booking,
There are 2 trains per day to Kathgodam from Delhi. The one we travelled on was scheduled for arrival at 22.40 hrs but arrived late, just after midnight.
It appears that we were the only ones booked in to that hotel. Our booking was firm. We should have been expected even if the train had been delayed.
What seemed like endless banging on roller doors eventually got an external light switched on and a somewhat bewildered employee admitted us. It took some explanation that we had actually booked our accommodation. He set aside any formalities until the next morning when office staff/management might attend to our arrival formalities and showed us to our room.
It was, by then, was very late and we were really tired so we did not have the will to request a change of room when we eventually found it not to have been cleaned. That doesn't sound like much of a problem but this room was shamefully dirty with horrible dirty waste bins etc.,etc.,etc. ( just too long a list to enumerate and describe). Mouldy biscuits, stubs of hand-rolled cigarettes on the floor - just some of the unsavoury items.
I appreciate that had the room been cleaned it might have been a different story - but it wasn't. It was a disgrace.
The taps leaking over the bathroom floor, dirty toilet pan and filthy hand-wash basin was Uggh ! The
ceiling fan over the bed was inoperative. One of the two towels brought to us looked un-laundered and the fitted bed-sheet looked suspiciously un-laundered.
No top sheet was provided. Fortunately we travel with our own sleeping sheet and pillow slips.
Even if the room had been cleaned, it really offered no more than a much cheaper room elsewhere in India.
When one considers that this was not an inexpensive hotel in a little back-wood town of no touristic attraction where, as I said earlier, the full price had to be paid up-front and refunds are not available, I was really disappointed. I expected very much better. I would not recommend it and would only hesitatingly suggest it - with considerable reservation.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank swazibird

Well, I can only start with apologizing for your unpleasant experience with us. From what you have written in your review, i figure that it was just a matter of a phone call to the management at the time of check-in. We give our guests the liberty to call us at any hour in case of any inconvenience, and we make sure that the problem is taken care of. I can not say much, but what seems to surprise me is that when you found the room so unfriendly, why did you even put up in that room when you had the privilege of changing the room.
Also, one thing that i did notice was that the thing that troubled you most was the fact that you weren't offered a discount, perhaps this is the biggest reason for you writing such a detailed review....when all you could have done is call up the management and get your rooms changed.
However, you are our valued guest and i personally promise you a stay with us in any season at 50% DISCOUNT....and this time we will make sure you walk out smiling.
Warm Regards

Reviewed 20 July 2011

First of all, it is not 200 mtr. away from kathgodam railway station. It's around 700 mtr from railway station.

I stayed their for 2 nights on a business trip in an ac room and found the hotel to be an ordinary one. The room was spacious with very ordinary furniture.
On day one I found one bedsheet to have some old stain marks on it, which was changed the next day.
The cupboard was stuffed with quilts, so no space to even hang your clothes.
The towel ring inside the bathroom was broken, no other hook or peg to hang your clothes.
The angle valve of WC's cistern was leaking.
However, the bathroom had a water heater and hot water was available round the clock.
Also, there was no drain in the balcony and after night rain water was pooled in front of my room.
No fridge inside the room.

Restaurant seemed to be neat and clean the food quality was OK.

So overall I found the hotel to be an ordinary budget hotel; where one can spend few days if one is not looking for high quality services. But, definitely it is not worth Rs. 1600 per night for a location like Kathgodam.

Tauheed

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
2  Thank Musafir_Delhite
Reviewed 17 June 2011

It is a fairly new but progressing hotel situated in the hilly heart of Uttarakhand. A place located in tranquil atmosphere, where I enjoyed my stay in the lap of nature. Being pampered by their elite servicemen and spoiling my inhibitions with their delicately flavoured cuisines followed by soaking my soul in a refreshing cocktail in the evening, also relaxed with my favourite scotch at their bar. Enjoyed peaceful mornings with a breathtaking view of the mountains and even more stunning evenings while I spent my time with welcoming staff & local strangers. the stay was full of hospitality and memories. Overall one of the best hotels in Kathgodam.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends