All reviewsthe general managerhis teamkasar devikumaoni foodbeautiful placespecial thanksgreat hospitalitydining areanegigangindiapatiencegurgaonpeacebeautycuisinemr
Reviewed 29 January 2018

Having travelled the length and breath of India, I think this is the most magical and idyllic mountain getaway in India. As soon as you alight from their parking lot, a short (200 mts) walk along concrete road, leads you to this beautiful place. The design is stunning, contemporary and and the unique part is that most materials have been sourced locally. The rooms are very spacious with a day bed along an east facing window where you can sunbathe! Each room has a stunning view of the himalayan mountain range and on a clear day the sight of the snow capped mountains is simply majestic! Restaurant, lounge and the library with a live fireplace) are all housed in a separate building away from the Chalets and the design ensures that one doesn't miss out on the stunning himalayan views from any spot. The food made with the local flavours is delicious and fresh and is served by the ever smiling staff willing to accommodate small requests!

There are a bunch of activities that are organized depending on the interest and fitness levels by the super friendly staff led by their Manager Pushkar Sharma.

I saw a couple of terrible reviews. However, after having gone myself, i feel that those reviews are entirely incorrect and may be motivated by other considerations.

They will soon be adding a spa and some on site activities for kids.

All in all a perfect mountain getaway and a MUST VISIT!

Room Tip: First Floor rooms have a terrace and the ground floor rooms have a sitout!
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DANI654
Pushkar S, General Manager at The Kumaon, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your words of appreciation and encouragement. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Kumaon.

We are grateful for the wonderful things you said about The Kumaon and the services. We are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discreet service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.

Reviewed 31 December 2017

Yes, it is cold in December at this altitude, yes, hot water is not plentiful everywhere. The charm is in the staff, walking to find your way, being in the Kumaon region without rushing to fill the days with activities. Peace and beauty beyond compare.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Thomas D
Pushkar S, General Manager at The Kumaon, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your review and feedback! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Kumaon, we hope that you will come back soon. Do stay in touch and recommend us to your friends.

Pushkar Singh

Reviewed 15 December 2017

I always wanted to visit the Kumaon region of Uttarakhand, as it is less populated and less commercial, a friend of mine recommended this new property to me, I visited the website and I felt in love with the pictures of the property. Now, I wanted to see if the photos in website are decorated or not, so I was excited to visit The Kumaon. The staff helped us very professionally to guide us the way over the telephone and those little boards are beautifully designed and fixed. This whole experience was so beautiful and it got me and my wife very excited about the property.
When we started walking on a nice concreted pathway, I saw load of kids going home from schools, the happy kids lightened our mood. I had a notion that the path must be done by the hotel itself, so hardly 200 meters nice walk and we were at The Kumaon. We were left awestruck and speechless when we saw the property and the view. I have travelled all over the world, believe me it was the view that I can not describe, it was just magical.
The rooms are very well maintained and the most unique part of the room is the bathroom, it feels like you are in a small jungle. The beds are super comfy and they give you heaters in bathroom as well. Since I mention about the pictures on website above, the property is actually prettier than the photos.
Please make sure that you go for the walks when in The Kumaon because the food is absolutely amazing, best food. Totally felt home.
Now the service part, Pushkar and his team are the best in the region, no second thoughts about it. Never seen such courteous and kind staff, every time I saw them, they were smiling. I am certainly going back just to enjoy the service.
I stayed in a lower chalet, The coziest room I stayed in.
I congratulate The Kumaon team for such wonderful property and such amazing service.
I am coming back again, this time to enjoy the Holi at The Kumaon.

Stayed: December 2017
1  Thank sanjayb6812

Reviewed 13 December 2017

Wow! is what I would like to call about this place. Undoubtedly best in everything. I was mesmerized by the look of the place itself and the mighty Himalayas confronting the property. If you are in search of a place where you want to enjoy mother nature with the joy of a luxurious facilities just head to "The Kumaon". I read a review complaining about the distance of the place.. You can find calm environment away from the usual hustle of the city, I felt the place is exactly where it should be.. Very welcoming staff and The Manger- Mr. Pushkar Negi is gem of a person.. They all were ready to help us in whatever we asked for.. The local cusines made with fresh vegetables are an add on to the beauty of the place.. I wanted to just lie in the bed and enjoy the morning view. Nothing you can ask more from the place it gives you everything. Must visirt place. Highly recommended. Thanks Pushkar once again for your service which made our stay a memorable one.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ankita B

Dear Ma'am,

Reviewed 12 December 2017

Okay!
So I had this restlessness that never ended and I wanted an end to it to come what may.
A friend suggested to travel and being a traveler himself he suggested I visit Binsar .
Someone on the Bus told me about this new resort just set up near Kasardevi and given the
affirmations he had about this place, I gave it a go.
EXQUISITE !! yes that's the word.
When I reached there I was amazed at the way it was built, tiny wooden frames and stones collected to form an arch so beautiful.I was especially taken by the reception and the vivid library accompanying it.
The staff was so friendly especially the manager who even gave me fitness advice and suggested a couple of health books to read. I rested in the room in midst of the sweet breeze and the natural fire in my chimney and had a time can't even put to words.
The food was delicious , all local food made with precise ingredients made the stay all the more delightful.
The Kumaon in the true sense in a heaven in the sweet Himalayan region of Almora.
Simple and sophisticated at the same time.
Recommended to everyone who's looking for a break from the same old humdrum and wanting some fresh breath to revitalise them.

Stayed: December 2017