Hotel U.R(Allahabad)
Kanchan Villa(Allahabad)
OYO 3129 DPS Inn(Allahabad)
Hotel Mandiram(Allahabad)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscivil linesbreakfast and dinnerrailway stationcoffee shopplace to staysmall citycourteous staffbreakfast spreadrooms are niceper nightbanquet hallunder renovationfood is excellentposh arearoom service ishotel is locatedfacilities
Reviewed 20 March 2018

Stayed 20.3.18 with my group. What a shame that this hotel has such good facilities and the quality of food is excellent BUT the service is terrible! Reception arrival was very flat and it took 2 goes to get wifi sorted while standing waiting for 15 mins and a tech (rude) guy bringing new sign in.

A visit to the bar turned up a bartender who was NOT interested in the occasion and sat around a corner - had to call out twice to get any service.

Some guy who looked like he may have been security? (only because he had a radio on his belt - not because of dress! as he was in jeans) strutted around like he owned the place and was leaning over any counter top talking to other staff whenever he could but didnt do anything.

I went to the Indian specialty restaurant and the maitre d was dancing to terribly loud live music and the 100 seat restaurant was empty - not one guest at 8.30pm - no wonder! he didnt get it when I turned around and walked out.

So I went back to my room to order room service - big mistake. Asked for a bottle of coke and ice to be delivered straight away so I could enjoy a rum before eating. After 3 calls and 20 mins later the coke arrived - with the food. Dont get me wrong the food was great and very tasty BUT I specifically asked for the coke to come immediately.

The hotel was not busy and there was probably more staff than guests so no excuse!

In my experience the GM is always the reason for poor service because staff are not inspired and they hang around showing no interest. I was testing this hotel for my 6 tour series of 10+ rooms each season but frankly I think there must be better so will take my 60 room nights elsewhere.

I suggest you do as well.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Craig W
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

So our stay in hotel Kanha shyam was a memorable one . It is located in the heart of city (Civil Lines ). U can find tons of branded stores & malls nearby this hotel . Coming to the amenities they have , the patio multi cuisine restaurant & coffee shop , jannat indian speciality restaurant & a celebrity bar . They also hv banquets & lawns . Rooms r decently maintained . Room service was up to mark . Also breakfast is free here , so go grab it & enjoy !

Thanks

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Shefali b
Reviewed 15 February 2018

This is very much and average hotel and needs a lot of improvement.
Not one staff member especially the reception and waiting staff seemed happy in their work. The food for dinner (a la carte) was good, the buffet looked distinctly average.
Breakfast was average.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Location: Enjoying a central location in Civil Lines area of Allahabad, Hotel Kanha Shyam is a good accommodation option for both business and leisure travellers.
Room Amenities: Featuring parquet or marble flooring, the hotels spacious and tastefully decorated rooms and suites have comfortable beds and black-out curtains to enjoy quick naps after a day of activities. Suites also feature a sitting area with sofa and coffee table.
Hotel Facilities: The hotels conference hall with latest audio-visual equipment can be used to host private gatherings, business meets and training sessions. For sightseeing and railway station/bus stand transfers, guests can approach the on-site travel desk.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 December 2017

I stayed in the place during November with my family. I must say this is one of the best hotels in Allahabad. Something i must mention in the review is the wonderful hospitality. I have to say this because our train was late for more then 12 hours and so we called the hotel for our dinner while we were in the train. The staff was so nice that he connected me to the head chef who arranged all food and everything even when we reached specially. I must say that the food is really great and the hospitality is amazing.
Rooms and decent with all facility. I opted for a smoking room and it was no problem.I must say this is one of the good star hotels in Allahabad and even this is near to the railway station.
I recommend this hotel and A+++++ with everything.

Room Tip: Any room is good, so nothing specific
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family