All reviews beautiful hotel hotel staff civil lines hospitality mr
Reviewed 24 March 2018

A photo says 1000 words which is why when I saw the photos of this property the lush green lawns and the heritage building and a high ranking in Trip Advisor I booked it immediately. Sadly everything that is good about this property, starts and ends at the lawn.
Allow me to explain how. And do check my photos of this property which speak much more than the words I say.
A good check in experience makes all the difference in making your stay at a Hotel Excellent / Terrible (first impression is the last impression they say). Particularly when arriving after an overnight train journey bring you to a property at 7 AM in the morning looking forward to catching a short sleep before getting to work.
The worldwide norm on early check in is fairly clear “that it is provided subject to availability”. Since I knew that I was going to arrive early I thought it prudent to communicate with senior management before my arrival. And they reiterated the above stated norm and I confirmed my willingness to take my chance with that. However on arrival the person who was checking us in (very junior person and highly un-presentable) kept insisting that room will be made available only at 11 AM. I then asked him to call his senior management who strangely enough completely denied any knowledge about my early arrival. Now HOW UNWELCOMING can you be? This is hospitality at its worst. Anyways it was pretty obvious that the property barely had any occupancy and nearly all rooms were empty. So after a bit of discussion and argument we did manage to reach our room. Where more anguish awaited us.
How bad can a room be? Well for me the most important part of a hotel room is the washroom if it is good then everything is likely to be top notch. However here we had a very tiny and unhygienic washroom, with wear and tear written on almost everything you touched. The photos of the WC that I have uploaded I am sure will tell you what I mean. The faucet level kept colliding with the mirror on the wall. There was no hot water available on the tap till about 9 am. Highly disappointing and mind you these rooms are not cheap.
The room itself was not much different. Everything looked tired and worn. The bed itself was above the washroom and the staircase was narrow and difficult to use for my elderly companion. The overall size is best called TINY.
At the breakfast table we met the first person who knew what hospitality meant and we were very happy with his approach. “Mithun” was his name if I am not mistaken. He was the only saving grace of this property. The breakfast hall too is small considering it’s only a 12 room property. So at breakfast time don’t expect lavish spreads, it’s most likely to be Ala carte.
We checked out later that night at about 10 pm and I was very clear that fellow travelers must know what lies beyond the lawn is completely avoidable. So do yourself a favor quit thinking of staying here.

Room tip: After reading my review if you still must stay here ask for a room without the Duplex system.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank SanjaySharma_69
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

This hotel is the best in allahabad. this hotel service is very very best.this hotel is seted in men market civil lines. It,s nearby a big jai hnuman mandir.this temple is very famous and popular.
Hotel opened 24 hours.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Dipanshu S
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

I and my friends go in Allahabad...and look that Allahabad hotel is so beautiful Hotel ..and l and my friends go to Allahabad hotel and very nice place... just come this hotal and very nice look ...nice garden and table dekoreson very good..and nice hotel in Allahabad....

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 550pradipk
Reviewed 29 September 2017

I am current traveller to Allahabad and I can't sincerely think on another option. The rooms are big and very confortable, The garden and architecture of the place are wonderful and the menu and the bar are really very enjoyable. But the best among all of this is the First class service provided by every member of the staff under the coordination of Mr. K.K. Kushwaha. He can solve any problem that you may encounter on your trip, and makes sure that you have everything you need at any moment. This Hotel is our home in Allahabad. Thanks for your big hospitality.

Room tip: View to Swimming Pool are more peaceful
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

One of the oldest hotel of allahabad and it is counted among one of the best hotels in allahabad. You can book your room online, if you are planing your visit to allahabad. It is located in the heart of allahabad that is civil lines. Outside the hotel regency you can find public transport very easily.

Date of stay: July 2017