Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline
Agoda.com$104
StayForLong
ZenHotels.com
Destinia.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 November 2019 via mobile

Want to visit Sikkim starting from Gangtok to Yumthang valley, to zuluk back to ziro point ..we are there for you..get the best budget option luxury travel with chalo india ..and have a life time experience..

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed 8 June 2019

It is an average hotel , but the location is excellent . It is centrally located amidst other hotels and general merchant shops and eateries .

The staff is very polite and helpful .

The buffet choices in dinner and breakfast were rather average and unexciting .

Room cleanliness is good and has all the basic facilities , running hot water , kettle , tea kit etc.

Wifi did not work at the time of our visit !

There is not elevator , so people who have problem with stairs should avoid rooms at higher floors .

Some of the rooms were smelly when we visited ( it appeared as though toilet vents had some problem ) .

Overall I would rate our stay at this place as an average experience .

Room tip: Mountain facing rooms on high floors offer excellent mountain views
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
yangthangheritage, Director of Sales at Sikkim Tourist Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your reviews about your experience at Yangthang Group of Hotels I am happy to note that you had a pleasant stay with us and the services extended by us could satisfy you in every aspect of your stay. We are really grateful for such a wonderful feedback.

Yours in Hospitality,
Tarun Singh

Reviewed 11 May 2019

Most of the people must have heard about the beautiful Himalayan State Sikkim, which became full fledged Indian State in 1975.In the 1974 itself Sikkim merged into India but still was under the monarch rule of Tribal king Chogyel. Only defence, External Affairs, Currency was surrendered with India rest it was a full autonomous place. In the year 1975 through plebiscite Sikkim became an integral part of India. Like it's own unique history Sikkim stands very unique among the rest 28 States of India. There is no denying of the fact that Sikkim is one of the mist beautiful and organic state in India. It shares the international border with Bhutan, Nepal and The Chinese Controlled Tibet. Because of the heterogenous tribal culture and being surrounded by the beautiful Himalayas Sikkim today has become the most preferred place for the Tourist Attraction. 20percent of the revenue generated from the state is due to the Tourism and it is also the source of Livlihood for many people.

Whenever the tourism of Sikkim is discussed, everyone visualises the beautiful Changu, M.G Road Gangtok,Nathu -La , pakhyong etc.There are many other places in Sikkim which are yet to be discovered by the Toutists and its the responsibilities of the Indian Government to revamp Tourism at such places.
Today I am going to share my personal experiences about Sikkim as Darjeeling and Sikkim are like the two sisters and share a border between them. The culture is also same and the language. Both the places are rich in Flora and Fauna and have similar kinds of demography in every aspect.

FUSREEY POKHARI (LAKE):It is a stagnant lake located in the border of Sikkim and Darjeeling ,half belongs to Sikkim and rest of the half to Darjeeling. It is unique because if the position it stands. It is near about 6000 m high from the sea level.
To visit this place one can etger follow the route from Lava, pedong, Lingsey or via Aritar ,Sikkim which is also known as the tourists spot.
I always follow the former route while visiting this place.

After reaching Lingsey or which is also known as Simana(Border) one has to travel by the kutcha road. The luxurious car can't run through this route because of the undulating surface or the road is very much disorganised. In fact for those who loves adventurous thing to experience , they can enjoy a lot.
Either Gypsy or another four wheeled vehicle will be the best to ride in this road. It takes nearly 3 hours to reach the main place but the journey from Lingsey to Fusrey Lake is itself very much unique and adventurous. After travelling through the jungle route for one hour, we will find a village with very few population of nearly 25 houses and most of them are the Tribals , The Sherpas....

From that village onwards, a very antique remains of the ancient days can be found which I found very much important to study on those things. For the first time, it was just a trip with my friends but the second time i visited the place to research on those remains.
A very old structure of house built using the rock and stones are found.As per the research it was nearly built before 300 to 500 years back. It is known as DARHARA in Nepali, A Darhara is a home built using stones for stay and they were mostly built by the Sherpas when the village used to run by an administration called Mandal system.
From this place nearly after half an hour of journey one can realise the different kinds of vegetation existence. From there Rachela can be seen at the same height.

The dark green forest and the cool weather makes everything to look so fresh and organic.
As soon as one enters the place where the lake is located, the vehicle has to be parked adjusting it in a safe place. From there one has to walk for 5minutes to reach Foosrey Pokhari or Lake.
It is really like a heaven and many sacred beliefs and stories are there about this place. Not even a single twig of first can be found inside the lake. It's existence at that height with no source of water coming to the lake is itself an amazing thing to experience.
A small religious Buddhist flags are seen to be surrounding the Lake as the people visit here for the purpose of religious sanctity.

There is a story about this lake. Whomsover tries to make the lake dirty, then the place will experience a heavy rainfall. And if it happens so, then one will be in a big trouble as the road will become totally disorganised such that a vehicle can't even move .However it just a myth. Some people have started building a place stay for the Tourists.

Near to the lake, there is a chaaur(A leveled land like ground that contains a green small grass), which is so beautiful and from there one can see, Kanchenjunga on one side, the other side of Lava and down the slope Aritar is seen. The clouds splitting up and moving after getting miscible with the air looks so beautiful. The uniqueness of this place is the experiences about the natural process taking place can be felt and some are seen too.
One should wear boots or full waterproof shoes. I think some people come here with the cows and goats that is why their excreta was visible in some parts.
I suggest to wear the boots because at some places plenty of leechworms are found.

The hilly shrubs are very much different then the other shrubs found in the low lying lands. With the increase of height the trees of very short height 1-1.5metres are seen because of the low temperature .So It was Foosrey pokhari of Sikkim or Darjeeling also.
In my life, the most amazing place i found was Foosrey lake , so I advise likeminded people to once experiment this place. It would be even better if a group of people will go for tracking. As very few homestay are found here, so one can either stay in Aritar or Lava if really want to visit this place.
The roads are scary and pray to the God that there will be no rainfall.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Yours in Hospitality,
Tarun Singh

Reviewed 30 December 2018

Nice hotel. A bit far from the market area for walking but otherwise very good. Spacious rooms & toilets with a separate bathing area. Heaters are priced extra but quite efficient. Restaurant serves delicious food. Staff is very helpful and polite. Only issue I had was that the TV showed only a few Hindi channels. No sports, no English (not even news channels) and no entertainment channels. Ask for the Kanchenjonga viewing rooms on the 2nd or 3rd floor if you book well in advance. The view in the mornings is unforgettable. Gold & silver dazzles in your eyes.

The Internet connection is a let down. WiFi strength is good but the backbone must be poor I think. There were >30% packet losses when I measured with pinging popular sites. But no problem .....there are 4G towers very nearby providing more than 300-400 Kbps speed. Quite enough for normal browsing and even for my Outlook emails.

Room tip: Ask for the Kanchenjonga viewing rooms on the 2nd or 3rd floor
Date of stay: December 2018
1  Thank SridharNeelakantan
Yangthang H, Director of Sales at Sikkim Tourist Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2019

Dear Guest, Namaskar !

Thank you very much for posting your reviews about your experience at Yangthang Group of Hotels I am happy to note that you have a pleasant stay with us and the services extended by us could satisfy you in every aspect of your stay.
We are really grateful for such a wonderful feedback. Comments such as these always encourage us in enhancing our efforts to provide the best in hospitality and services.

Let me take this opportunity to thank you for support and for kind words of appreciation. My team and I look forward to welcoming you, awaiting a comfortable and invigorating experience every time you visit the hotel.
Yours in Hospitality, Team Yangthang

Reviewed 26 December 2018

The hotel is well located and well managed. The rooms are clean and well maintained. Got a good view of Kanchenjunga from room.
The hotel has free wifi but very slow and sometimes its down.
Food was good. The complimentary breakfast has a very good variety...
Had to pay extra for getting a room heater.

Room tip: Good Hotel with good view of Kanchenjunga
Date of stay: December 2018