Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline$67
Agoda.com$67
FindHotel
All reviews swimming pool the cottages warm hospitality home away from home spa ambience amenities wifi harley november housekeeping traffic
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 December 2018

The resort is an oasis after the hell that is Dimapur. Why anyone would want to go there is completely beyond me but as we needed a stop on the way to Kohima this was by far the best option. No expense seems to have been spared on the resort but it is a bit of a triumph of style over substance. Rooms are in cottages (one up one down) each with a bedroom, small sitting room and bathroom. Beds are very hard with not enough pillows and no headboard but the shower works as does the wifi. There's an outdoor pool with lot of seating and disco music blaring out which was completely unoccupied while we were there. Dinner in the restaurant was delicious but breakfast was a complete shambles. The staff didn't have a clue and seemed unable to count past 2 ( we were in a party of 6). It took 35 minutes to get a cup of coffee. It seemed a bit pointless to have such a flashy hotel in such a dump as Dimapur, particularly as the roads are so bad you have to make a real effort to get there.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AnthonyC5536, General Manager at Niathu Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2018

Dear Anne B,

Our heartfelt gratitude for choosing Niathu Resort,Dimapur to stay and for taking your time to post your experience on TripAdvisor. It is through feedback such as yours that we are able to continuously improve our standards.

We are certainly concerned about the issues mentioned.Thank you for the valuable feedback, which helps us to focus on what is important to our guests.Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences caused, and rest be assured that immediate improvements will be put in place.

We do hope that we will be able to welcome you back at Niathu Resort, Dimapur on your next visit,so that we would have the chance to exceed your expectations.In the mean time if there is anything that I can be a help,please do not hesitate to contact me at +91 8415921118.

Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

One of a kind in dimapur ..family weekend getaways are really fun here..situated at a river bank with a spacious landscape ..has children park ,outdoor pool,flower nursery plantation,a restaurant a cafe and some emu bird park..the spacious rooms are in small cottage like villas..amenities and room service are good as well

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
AnthonyC5536, General Manager at Niathu Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2018

Dear Kaecy V,

I appreciate your positive feedback about the resort & happy to know you had a pleasant stay with us.

We look forward to welcome you back again.
In the meantime if there is anything that I can be a help,please do not hesitate to contact me @ +91 8415921118.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here in the month of June with my children. This is one of the best property in Nagaland so far. The room was spacious enough for four of us, on arrival, our check in was smooth and quick. Was happy to be in one of their spacious rooms but I guess all their rooms are very generous when it comes to space. The service was good and quick, our late night snack was also very delicious. It was mostly raining so didn’t get to explore much except the swimming pool in the morning hours. One thing that stands out was the house keeping department so extra points on that. The house keeping supervisor by the name Amen or Aren Ao was extremely helpful on knowing I was traveling with 3 little children. The only downside was the bathroom drainage, which flooded after one shower, also when I requested them if I could have a look at their presidential suite which they said was available over the phone but at the reception they refused to show me as they said it is not allowed to show according to their rule, so was a bit disappointment by the response (just not logical) overall the stay was good. I would definitely recommend the place to anyone traveling to Dimapur.
* not to mention the driver who dropped us off to the air port was very sweet and polite.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
AnthonyC5536, General Manager at Niathu Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Dear Riya,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at Niathu resort.
I am pleased to know that you had a pleasant stay with us, and I will pass your positive feedback to all team members which is definitely encouraging to go an extra mile at every opportunity we have.My sincere apologies for unable to show you the presidential villa.

We look forward to welcome you back again.
In the meantime if there is anything that I can be a help. Please do not hesitate to contact me @ +91 8415921118.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

One expects the worst and is prepared to settle for the mediocre when one travels into far-off Nagaland. Dimapore, the entirely avoidable commercial hub of Nagaland, where one goes because one enjoys inflicting self-torture, is humid and slushy in monsoons and probably hot and dusty in summer.

So staying at this incredible green peaceful resort hotel, 7 miles away from Dimapur, comes as a complete balm to the spirit. The resort, though not big, is spacious, with walks that are laid beneath Arica palms, teak trees screening the west and fleeting views of the river Chathe in the east. The two-story cottages, with hotel style bed-rooms on each floor, stand in a neer row. Some of them have ‘executive’ rooms, which include a separate seating area. There is a flat screen TV with non-HD channels, good air conditioning, hot water shower, clean towels, an immaculate bathroom, a complementary tea & coffee service, a room safe, and a comfortable double bed.

Although there is room service, the restaurants are welcome spaces, large , airy and bright, with comfortable furniture, serving reasonably good food at reasonable prices. The poolside bar serves a cold beer, the specialty Naga restaurant can satisfy one’s curiosity about Naga food, and the coffee shop serves delightful peach iced tea in a jar.

The Reception is by the enter Gate. The staff is helpful, smiling and fluent in English. They can book you transport to & from the airport, which otherwise, is difficult to get. There is a greenhouse with an anthurium garden within that is worth a visit.

Although expensive by local standards, the Niathu Resort is the only place to stay in Dimapur.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aney60
Anthony C, General Manager at Niathu Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Dear Aney60,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience, during your stay at Niathu resort.

I appreciate your positive feedback and for recommending our resort to other travelers.

In the mean time if there is anything that I can be a help.Please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Located at the banks of the Dhansari river in Dimapur, the resort is a must visit for business and family travellers. Wonderful place to try authentic Naga cuisine. They have an in-house bakery which serves excellent products..cud give the best ones in the trade a run for their money...Spacious rooms and a small pool n spa too.

Date of stay: May 2018
1  Thank AliAkhtarJafri
Anthony C, General Manager at Niathu Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Dear Ali J,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at Niathu resort.

I appreciate your positive feedback and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the Naga cuisine and our bakery products.We do cater our bakery items locally.