Crown Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Langholm
See available hotels
Eskdale Hotel(Langholm)
Grapes Hotel(Newcastleton)
Gretna Hall(Gretna Green)
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 January 2017

The rooms are basic but for the prices charged are still pretty good value. Food is very good and you had better go in hungry as the portions are large. Staff were great, we stayed at new year and the manager stayed up half the night and still was up to make breakfast (which is also very good) in the morning. Bar area if fine and drink prices are reasonable. All in all a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2016

The bar area is in desperate need of a make over and the draught ale we sampled was on the turn so perhaps worth considering avoiding the bar. The food we had was good, with ample portions and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Chris M
Reviewed 16 February 2016

We wanted a nice quiet place for dinner whilst on holiday and thought we would give the crown a try. it lived up to our expectations - we had a lovely meal in a nice quiet atmosphere - we will be back.

Stayed: December 2015
Reviewed 23 November 2015

Having stayed at the Crown twice before, I had a fondness for the place - cosy and functional. Okay the owner slept in so we had to wait for breakfast, and he gets angry if your booking doesn't match his memory, but the rest of the staff are lovely.
On our most recent stay (3 separate rooms for three colleagues) I was in a different room (Room 6 I think) which had a few problems:
- a constant gurgling from a boiler or pipes
- TV having no signal
- Towel rail fell off the wall
- Mirror sitting on the floor
- All plug sockets bashed into the plasterboard walls, so dangerous and difficult to use.
So I asked the barmaid, who was very glad to give me a new room. She asked for a list of the problems, to pass on.
As I arrived for breakfast the owner challenged me on having left a list of complaints. I asked if he'd been to check, which he hadn't, and he refused to do so, instead getting more angry and insulting me in front of my colleagues. We did agree that my colleagues and I should take our business elsewhere, and we shall. We stayed for breakfast, during which he hurried upstairs with the key, no doubt to check my claims. Was there an apology when he came down? Of course not.
Thankfully locals have recommended two other hotels on the high street.

Room Tip: Don't take Room 6 (top floor on the left). Ask them to switch on the TV when you get to the room.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
4  Thank Finlas
Reviewed 13 September 2015

Having been on a family holiday for a week we were very fortunate to have found this little gem. We ate here most night and once during the day and it could not be faulted in any way what so ever. The food was delicious in every way with a flare for presentation. One of our party was gluten free and when we asked what they provide we were given the answer "you tell us what you want and we will cook it" how great was that.
The staff were very friendly, courteous and fun loving having a great rapport with all the customers. We ate here at lunchtime on our last day and we had to use the coffee shop which was lovely and very popular with the locals which says a lots.
The portions were large and in the words of one of the waitresses "if you go from here hungry then you have had a bad meal"
This little gem cannot be faulted in any way at all and I would highly recommend it to anyone.
Well done to all concerned. 10/10 you deserve it.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family