“Every dish disgustingly salty and fishy. Ew!!”
Review of Ristorante Ginetto

Ristorante Ginetto
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Possibly the worst restaurant in Italy! We ate here against the warnings of our hotel because we couldn’t get a table anywhere else. Wish I’d stayed in and eaten Pringles out of the mini bar. The pasta dishes all tasted exactly the same, like they had been cooked in salty sea water and brine. Ocoptus balls were also inedibly fishy. And this was every dish! The waiters were knowingly sheepish when we inferred the food was bad and very quickly took the price of two off our menu. Our running joke for the night was that the chef could only have been the green, gilled aqua man from “the shape of water”. Truly disgusting food that should be thrown back into the briney deep from whence it came. Eat a pizza and save yourself the trauma.

Reviewed 28 July 2018

I would go back here. I was nearly put off by some of the other reviews which don't give a great impression.
The view is brilliant.
I ate here a few days ago with my wife and 2 children.
It was quiet when we went in as most Italians eat later in the evening. So at 8pm we were the only people to start with. By the end it was nearly full of people. The Swordfish carpaccio is very very good. I had a pasta with mixed seafood in a tomato sauce, Calamarata I think it was called. It was nice and had flavour. The wife had the house white wine - it was incredibly good value for money. I had a sparkling water due to my crippling alcohol problem ;-) The kids had chips with fried sea food platter. The portions given to the children were enormous. An adult would struggle to finish it. There was so much of the kids fried seafood left over I didn't need to order the secondo piatti. For desert the kids had panacotta, the frutti di bosco one was ace. I had tiramisu, also very good.
The waiter was good and the lady waiter was very nice and was keen to make us feel at ease. No rush, take your time we were told. There was no problem having children in there.
Also I would mention - THE TOILETS ARE CLEAN. - which has to be a good sign.
A nice place to eat. I would recommend it.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

Great view with a variety of seafood and dishes to choose from. Family oriented restaurant. Friendly staff!

Reviewed 14 August 2015 via mobile

We booked a table for 9h30 and arrived well on time. Once seated, it took a while for the menus to arrive...it then took a while to order...for the antipasti to come...for the secondo to come. Unfortunately we weren't the only table enjoying waiting time. People around us were waiting for food, drinks, bills and even cash back after they had paid!!
Overall: food was good but the waiters were lost and running around without direction (like an orchestra without conductor). Not sure if we'll be back...

Reviewed 17 May 2015

This restaurant is in a great location but we were disappointed overall. Firstly let me say that the waiter was fantastic and very helpful and polite. Obviously well trained and a real professional. But he was the only waiter in the whole restaurant and therefore the service was slow. The decor is clearly quite expensive but spoiled by an old TV showing a Harry Potter film and too many bright lights. The ambience is poor. Extensive wine list but many on it were unavailable. The food portions were huge BUT all served on cold plates, grilled vegetables were cold. We won't be going back as there are so many better places to eat but 10/10 to the waiter. If I were him I'd get a job elsewhere - his talent is wasted here !