“TOP LOCAL CHINESE CUISINE”
Review of Han Court

Han Court
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Fremington
Price range: US$ 50 - US$ 198
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Many local chinese restaurants to choose from but this one is constantly the top of my list

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 24 January 2012

Hi we often get takeaways from Han Court as there are few good chinese restaurants in the area.I would say its a very good place for takeaways for the area.You can't compare it restaurants up country as other reviewers have but locally it is one of the best.

I wouldn't bother eating there as the restaurant decor is pretty souless particularly on a quiet night with tables packed in tight.The Fullam in Barnstaple has a better ambience but the food is equal to the Fullam and it has a dedicated takeaway section rather than having to wait in the restaurant

Reviewed 23 January 2012

After booking for a meal for my daughter's 18th and then reading the reviews I was slightly apprehensive about the meal. However, the food was lovely- fresh and tasty. The service was good,the prices were reasonable and the atmosphere was great. I would recommend the restaurant - it is not the most amazing Chinese meal I've ever had but there was no reason to complain about any aspect of the evening. It was very reasonable price wise for the type of setting.

Reviewed 24 November 2011

My favourtie chinese restaurant anywhere. A family run establishment that has been going for well over 20 years. The owners, Danny and his wife, often assisted by their Sons, and their staff always make you feel very welcome. All the food is freshly cooked and the lobster tails and fillet steak with black bean sauce, which are specialities of the house, are superb. The fish is all locally caught and always fresh.

It's very popular for celebrations, so if you go at the weekend, there are likely to be several large parties in. It will busy and you'll need to take time to be served. However, you won't get rushed into vacating your table, so you can enjoy a leisurely evening and pleasant dining exerience. Pre-booking then is recommended. Midweek it's quieter and you can probably just drop in a for table.

Highly recommended with delicious dishes - and I am pretty fussy over food.

3  Thank Lancerlot
Reviewed 23 October 2011

I have lived locally here all my life but have never visited Han Court so i treated the wife there for a meal after returning from our honeymoon.
To say the experience was disappointing would be an understatement. The interior is more like a drab and souless pub and very dated. Whilst i appreciate it is the food that is the most important the place does not feel like a Chinese restaurant.
After being ignored as we entered eventually someone came up to us and took us to our table. Our drinks order was taken promptly before a short gap when our order was taken. About 20 minutes passed without our drinks turning up and then our starters came out.... I asked the waitress for our drinks and she walked right up to the bar and got them....not sure how long they were stood there for.
All in all the food was Ok, however, no where near as good as the Chinese in Barnstaple Town Centre, The Fullam (which is excellent). We had crispy seaweed, chicken satay, lemon chicken and beaf and blackbean sauce. To be fair the beef was excellent, very very tender and tasty.
When we had finised it took about 15 minutes and lots of hand waving before we were able to get the bill....and then we were ignored again. The waitresses started laying tables and changing table cloths, including the waitress who had just placed our bill on the table. Eventually we walked up to the bar to pay. Whilst there a waiter pushed passed my wife without saying "excuse me" and the same happened with two other members of staff. We left feeling very disappointed. Our experience echoes several others here.....a potentially nice meal ruined by terrible terrible service.
If you want a nice evening out, with a lovely atmosphere, excellent food and superb service do not go to Han Court, go to The Fullam (which i think is also better value for money!)

3  Thank ab3b4y