Red Lion Hotel(Burnsall)
  • Breakfast included
US$ 242
US$ 216
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 257/night.

US$ 166
US$ 147
US$ 142
Travelocity
Travelodge Skipton(Skipton)(Great Value!)
US$ 50
Travelodge
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 65/night.

US$ 105
Dalesway Hotel(Ilkley)(Great Value!)
US$ 83
  • Restaurant
US$ 75
PremierInn.com
All reviewsthe puban evening mealgreat foodlovely roomgreat selection of beersgenerous portionspiescampilamb shankroaring firepiping hotfirst stopone night staynice lunchguest beerstasty mealcontinental beers
Reviewed 30 July 2017

Stopped here for an evening meal with family members. Excellent real ale, complimented by excellent home made food from kind and friendly staff. We would highly recommend this pub to anyone walking past the door or travelling locally to stop in.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed here after our first day walking the dales way - great location pub was a real pub not some manufacturing interpretation of a pub - friendly staff food lovely and plenty of it . Great selection of beers , dog friendly , family friendly .
Rooms were clean , no telly but you are not here to watch telly no hair dryer but to be fair I did not notice , but my wife did recommended will go back for sure

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2017

8 of us stayed here when doing the Way of the Roses in June 2017 and cannot recommend The New Inn highly enough. Comfy beds at a reasonable price, good food, excellent beer and very friendly staff. We were also very pleased with the secure bike storage.

Room Tip: Book early and call during the pub opening hours.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

My partner and were staying at masons campsite and walked to the new inn for a few drinks and an evening meal, we walked past the first pub as it was very busy and came to the new inn. We was pleased that we were able to sit outside with the beautiful scenery.
I was perplexed when I went to the bar to get a food menu, I was told that I could order and eat outside but if sat on the other side of the road could only order off the basket menu. I was told that we could not eat inside as they had very large parties booked in which is fair enough. So we crossed over the road to the pub side and went to order off the main menu, when trying to order I was told that I couldn't as fully booked, however I explained that I had been given the menus earlier and told we could eat outside. After asking how many people I was allowed to order. The food did not take long, was home made, a good price and tasted delicious. The waitress / waiter were both very friendly however I did feel unwelcome ordering food. If we weren't camping and in need of an evening meal, we may have not bothered.
Whilst we waited for out food we watched many families and couples come away from the pub disappointed as they were not allowed to eat in our out of the pub as it was fully booked.
Whilst we sat and enjoyed our meal we couldn't help but discuss how many disappointed locals and tourists had walked away between 6-7pm and thought about why this pub was empty and how the management and staff could make it reach its full potential.
On the way back to the campsite we walked past the other pub which was still very busy.
Something to think about I guess in terms of accepting large parties and maximising opportunities, oh and not upsetting loyal locals as you will need them in winter.
Tip for campers / tourists book a table.

Overall would we enjoyed our meal and would visit again and book a table, although not sure I would say the same if we hadn't been allowed a meal.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarhan001
Reviewed 1 July 2017

Dined here for lunch on 1st July 2017.
This is a favourite place of ours to eat, not only for the food quality but also for the views, and for the past 17 years have been dining here at least every 2 months.
Today unfortunately will be the last time the reason being below.
The Barman who always serves us was today is usual grumpy self, but we always overlook that.
We saw from the outside that they had a sign stating to try their new menu.
So we expected menus on tables or on the bar, but no we had to ask and he asked us to pay for our drinks even though we were ordering food.
After we paid for our drinks we then ordered our meals and then said 'do you want to keep the tab open', which didn't make sense and really annoyed me as he had already asked us to pay separately for our drinks.
We said no and paid for our food, and then he became very awkward asking where we were sitting outside for the second time.
Apparently they serve their bar menu over the road and the restaurant? Menu outside nearest to the pub, which doesn't make sense as they are still carrying food to both locations!!!!!
The lady who brought out our food was lovely and as usual the food was excellent.
It was empty inside apart from 3 locals who are always sit/stand in the same spot next to the bar, blocking customers trying to get served!!!!
There were 6 people outside eating.
It's a real shame as attitudes like his are probably driving customers away.
We then drove to Burnsall and passed the Craven Arms 100 yds up the road and it was packed, and that's where we will be dining in future!!!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple