All reviewsthe puban evening mealgreat foodlovely roomgreat selection of beersgenerous portionspiescampilamb shankcoast to coast bike rideroaring firepiping hotfirst stopone night staynice lunchguest beerstasty meal
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Firstly great location for a stop on the bike midway through a decent long bike ride. Pub wasn't busy and I ordered a Tuna Baguete and a bowl of chips from the light bite menu at around 12.00 noon. At 1.00pm after asking twice what the hold up was I finally received my meal with no apology for the considerable delay. Good quality, lovely chips, nicely presented but not something that should take an hour to cook given the volume of patrons. Chap on the bar kindly refilled my water bottle for the onward journey but I left feeling disappointed and a little annoyed. Kitchen needs to up its game.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 March 2017

We had intended to eat at the Craven Arms but somehow ended up here at The New Inn - so happy that we ate here and will definitely come back.
Very quiet when we arrived but received a warm welcome. We sat near the open fire and had a great view from the window, all very cozy and welcoming. I ordered the steak and ale pie and my partner ordered the fish and chips, both meals absolutely delicious, piping hot and well presented, and a bonus was the real home made chips! Prices were very reasonable for the quality of food and drinks and also the service received. Well done to everyone.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2017

Avoided a number of pubs to get here...so pleased we did...a proper pub!
Great, friendly, cheerful welcome...lovely atmosphere and group of locals.
The food was proper, hearty, pub grub...good value, well cooked & nicely presented.
Also, the choice of some excellent 'specials'...eg 2 x steaks & bottle of wine for £25.
Very refreshing to find a good, honest, non-pretentious pub...with some good ales!
Recommended...and hope to visit again.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chris p
Reviewed 23 October 2016

We had a few pints and the Friday Steak deal at this pub. I had a 10oz rump steak and my wife had 8oz sirloin, both were cooked to perfection. A half carafe of house wine is included; £25. The bar staff were friendly and helpful; we were slightly early for the "deal" but they ignored that. Of the two pubs in the village this was the quieter but it looked like more locals were in (rather than tourists - like us). getting a table was easy and the views across Wharfedale are great.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GRH1957
Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

Avoid the pretentious Craven Arms, The New Inn is the place to eat and drink. 3 meals and each 5 star! Stayed nearby and the walk to and from enriched the whole experience! Definitely worth a visit! We visited last year too and meant to leave a review but forgot.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple