I stayed at their Lonavala resort over a weekend gateaway. The location is awesome and the view from their restaurant is irrestible.
We had problems with the food poisoning while we stayed there. The management was reluctant to accept the cause was the resort food - but while we were there for 3 days, all we ate was their restaurant food. The plates were sometimes unclean and oily and I guess this was one of the probable reasons for the food poisoning. I guess during the weekend rush times, they tend to become more relaxed with the quality of service as they cannot cope up with the rush.
They did call a doctor but he was very expensive - Rs.500 for an injection!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dukes Retreat at Khandala is not more than a 15 minute picturesque drive away from Lonavala. The resort is a landmark located 1850 ft. above sea level. Keys Khandala is spread across 11 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens, valley-view and the mesmerizing Western Ghats. The property benefits from being set in the lap of the flora of the region and nestles amidst waterfalls, nature trails and winding forest paths. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Yatra, ClearTrip, MakeMyTrip, Agoda and TravelGuru so you can book your The Dukes Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dukes Retreat Hotel Khandala
- The Dukes Retreat Khandala, Maharashtra