The best time to visit the Duke's Retreat is when the monsoon is just setting in. Thunderous clouds rolling into the ghats, waterfalls that appear spontaneously, the verdant greenery, and the rolling mist all conjure a spectacular setting. All the sight-seeing can be accplished right from the arm-chair in your hotel room. The rooms themselves are well-apointed, the food is decent and the swimming pool remains open for long and is clean. Staff and service are responsive and non-intrusive. The property organises cultural shopping and puppet shows to regale guests, which is very thoughtful in case you think venturing out in a thunderstorm is a bad idea. I reccomend this property to one and all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dukes Retreat at Khandala is not more than a 15 minute picturesque drive away from Lonavala. The resort is a landmark located 1850 ft. above sea level. Keys Khandala is spread across 11 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens, valley-view and the mesmerizing Western Ghats. The property benefits from being set in the lap of the flora of the region and nestles amidst waterfalls, nature trails and winding forest paths. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, ClearTrip and Agoda so you can book your The Dukes Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dukes Retreat Hotel Khandala
- The Dukes Retreat Khandala, Maharashtra