All reviews his wife home stay hot water every meal stayed here for nights western ghats coffee tea malnad style next morning greenery sindhu plantation host mr nature creepers homestay
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Of course, I may not be the target demographic, or maybe I am the picky traveler. My review is totally out of line with the other reviews. Let me structure the review in sections.

When:
We traveled in the monsoon season (July).

Short summary:
It was an okay stay. But I felt like I was an unwanted free-loader in a poor relative's place. I am unlikely to re-visit, given the other choices available.

I could have complained and whined and moaned about things and gotten some of it fixed, but then everyone (family) is in a sour mood afterwards and the vacation is ruined.

Web-site inaccuracies:
- It says rooms have attached bathroom and tv facilities. There is one small tv in the main dining area (see other reviews).
- Couldn't get a decent mobile signal within the facilities with airtel.

Room:
- The room was indeed spacious and clean. However, quite dark.
- Beds, pillows were sufficient. I wished they had kept a jug of water and a couple of glasses/cups in the room. Over the years, I have come to expect these courtesies, the absence of which annoyed me.
- Major issues:
- Ceiling and bathroom door covered with mold/fungus. It is a health hazard.
I know 'coz as kids, we have done the cleaning weekly in our home in similar terrain.
- The bathroom floor, tiles and fixtures are all faded yellow with age, but clean. So this was only an eye-sore.
- The water in the bathroom is always a muddy brown - because source of water is an open well. I am very uncomfortable with this, but others may not.
- Hot water was available whenever needed.

Hospitality:
The two women who help practically run every thing. Very friendly faces. The proprietor gives darshan once a day. Not a problem if things run like clockwork.
The proprietor has more than his fair share of rough edges.
When we met him for the 1st time the end of day 1, what he asked was "why did you come here -- in this season", with a clear tone and implication of unwelcomeness.
We asked to borrow an umbrella and the response was "people usually carry their own umbrellas". (no willingness to discuss anything more).
We asked what activities we could do, and the response was literally "Have you seen our web-site. It is all there." End of discussion!
Any issue we bring up is promptly dismissed.
There was literally no help or attempt at or appearance of helping.

Food:
- We got vegetarian food. Quality was good.
- Since the pricing is all-inclusive, things are not really unlimited.
- Service was okay, but the limited quantities bugged me.
- I get ticked off when people aggressively try to clear the table before I am close to done eating.
- There seemed to be no option to get an early morning coffee/tea.

Activities:
- Table-tennis only, because it was rainy season. Practically room-arrest. Can't even walk around much.
- The unhelpful host didn't make matters any better.
- Should have brought a bunch of indoor games along with us.

Room tip: You don't really have a choice.
Date of stay: July 2014
3  Thank JustYARandomGuy
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We (2 families) stayed here for 2 nights in July'14. The experience was so good that I would go back here again on my future future trips to Shimoga/Thirthahalli.

Pro's:
1) It's located almost midway between Shimoga and Thirthahalli, ideally placed for anyone trying to explore the northern part of western ghats. It's a 17 acre farm, nicely spaced out cottages, dining hall, indoor games hut and the plantations. Once can easily spend 2 days just relaxing in this place
2) The food was exemplary, both veg and non-veg dishes are cooked in traditional Malnad style.
3) The pricing is all inclusive and very very VFM.
4) The hosts and the support staff are very pleasant to converse with, and make you feel at home right from the go

Con's
1) The beds in cottages are little uncomfortable. Also, with little more effort they can easily make the cottages more visually appealing

Date of stay: July 2014
1  Thank Nag-vasireddy
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We were there for a weekend. The place is inside a 17-acre farm and therefore surrounded by lot of greenery. Rooms are quite big, neat and clean. Some rooms are unusually big, sufficient for 4 adults and 2-3 kids. No TV in the rooms so that you can spend quality time with your group and enjoy the nature. There is one TV in the common area. Food is homely and very tasty. Mandagadde Bird Sanctuary is at a walkable distance (2kms) and worth the visit during the season (June-Sep).

This place can also be used as a base for visiting several scenic and pilgrimage centers in Shimoga and Chikmagalur districts.

Suggestions:
1) Plan some activities for the tourists in the farm.
2) Give tourists a few options to choose from local specialities for lunch/dinner/breakfast

Date of stay: June 2014
1  Thank raghubhat
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We ( a group of 3 families ) stayed at Inchara Homestay. This place is on the road from Thirthahalli - Shimoga. Nicely nestled in the greenery it was a very welcoming experience right as our Tempo traveller pulled into this place.

I had called up Mr. Ramesh (The owner of the property) to let him know that we were really hungry and we would like to have our lunch straightaway. and there it was waiting for us. The ladies who help Mr. Ramesh churn out truly Malnad cuisine. One week after the trip our family still keeps refering to the food we had there. This was certainly one of the best food we had on our week long trip to Karnataka.

It is a huge property and has a lot of options of outdoor games, right from shuttle, tabletennis, a tennicoit and volleyball/throwball courts.

A walk around the property in the wooded trails is a must if you have the energy and time

A very warm and welcoming experience overall. Felt right at home.

Date of stay: June 2014
1  Thank oorsuthis
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Good location but very bad & worst behavior, This home stay owner is a aged fellow, He don't have good human being. We booked home stay in advance & we came to home stay on the booked date.After check in the owner said about food and facilities we got tension, that owner did't follow his words. Simply cheating.Kind request to all please don't go to this home stay in your lifetime.

Date of stay: April 2014