Of course, I may not be the target demographic, or maybe I am the picky traveler. My review is totally out of line with the other reviews. Let me structure the review in sections.
We traveled in the monsoon season (July).
It was an okay stay. But I felt like I was an unwanted free-loader in a poor relative's place. I am unlikely to re-visit, given the other choices available.
I could have complained and whined and moaned about things and gotten some of it fixed, but then everyone (family) is in a sour mood afterwards and the vacation is ruined.
- It says rooms have attached bathroom and tv facilities. There is one small tv in the main dining area (see other reviews).
- Couldn't get a decent mobile signal within the facilities with airtel.
- The room was indeed spacious and clean. However, quite dark.
- Beds, pillows were sufficient. I wished they had kept a jug of water and a couple of glasses/cups in the room. Over the years, I have come to expect these courtesies, the absence of which annoyed me.
- Major issues:
- Ceiling and bathroom door covered with mold/fungus. It is a health hazard.
I know 'coz as kids, we have done the cleaning weekly in our home in similar terrain.
- The bathroom floor, tiles and fixtures are all faded yellow with age, but clean. So this was only an eye-sore.
- The water in the bathroom is always a muddy brown - because source of water is an open well. I am very uncomfortable with this, but others may not.
- Hot water was available whenever needed.
The two women who help practically run every thing. Very friendly faces. The proprietor gives darshan once a day. Not a problem if things run like clockwork.
The proprietor has more than his fair share of rough edges.
When we met him for the 1st time the end of day 1, what he asked was "why did you come here -- in this season", with a clear tone and implication of unwelcomeness.
We asked to borrow an umbrella and the response was "people usually carry their own umbrellas". (no willingness to discuss anything more).
We asked what activities we could do, and the response was literally "Have you seen our web-site. It is all there." End of discussion!
Any issue we bring up is promptly dismissed.
There was literally no help or attempt at or appearance of helping.
- We got vegetarian food. Quality was good.
- Since the pricing is all-inclusive, things are not really unlimited.
- Service was okay, but the limited quantities bugged me.
- I get ticked off when people aggressively try to clear the table before I am close to done eating.
- There seemed to be no option to get an early morning coffee/tea.
- Table-tennis only, because it was rainy season. Practically room-arrest. Can't even walk around much.
- The unhelpful host didn't make matters any better.
- Should have brought a bunch of indoor games along with us.
- Also Known As:
- Inchara Homestay Shimoga, Karnataka