All reviews no frills doctors surgery newcastle city centre st james park family room perfect location value for money fridge pocket taxi tidy amenities beds tv
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Cannot fault this place. Absolutely amazed by the value for money we got with this hotel. We stayed for Ed Sheeran concert at st James park. All the hotels actually in Newcastle were over priced, probably due to ed being in town. So I was delighted when I came across this little gem for £50 for the 3 of us girls.

I was a bit scared also because it was 5 miles from the centre of town but it was actually better. It was so easy to find after driving from Scotland. The bus stop right outside the hotel takes u straight into town. We actually were lucky enough to catch the last bus back aswell. It was spotlessly clean and smelled lovely from entering to leaving. There was no breakfast unfortunately but Morrison’s is 2 mins along the street. There was tea/coffee in the room and also a fridge. Beds were really comfy and there is supposed to be parking round the back of the hotel it looked very tight and didn’t seem to be much room to park either. We parked in the doctors surgery across the road, didn’t get a ticket although there are signs up saying not to. The doors are all keypad locks aswell which is great as there are no keys to lose.

Only slight negative I have is the amount of stairs. Was fine for us because we are fit enough. But it would not be good for anyone who struggles with stairs, there are no ground floor rooms or lifts. But like I said this was not an issue for us and we didn’t mind them at all.

I would book here again without a doubt as it was perfect for our needs. If it’s luxury your after I’d try elsewhere but if ur happy with a clean, tidy, easy to find, easy on the pocket hotel this will do the job.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Lovely clean hotel .. great value for money .. manager is pleasant and very helpful .. comes and introduces himself to you at your room. Definately stay again .. bedding was immaculate .. great location for pubs and restaurants .. 15 minutes in taxi to newcastle city centre

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

This is a "no frills" hotel which is good value for money and fine for a night or two. The room and bathroom was clean. Downside is the location on a busy main road, pub downstairs and thin walls which made it quite noisy. But absolutely fine for one night!

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here last night and was shown to my room by friendly owner. Nice clean room with flat screen tele and comfy double bed. Plenty of places close by to walk out and have a drink or a meal.
Best thing is the price.. I only paid 35 quid which is the cheapest in this area.
Will stay again when in area.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Simple place and good value at £70 for a family room on GNR weekend. Bed was excellent with lovely crisp clean bedding. Some rough and ready finishing touches on plumbing and fixings but none were any issue. Good tv and fridge in the room.

Date of stay: September 2017