“Outstanding Service in a Beautiful Setting! A+++++”

Wildflower Hall, Shimla in the Himalayas
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Mashobra
Reviewed 1 April 2011

Wild Flower Hall is a gem! The staff is amazing. They all knew our names within minutes of our arrival, and regularly checked-in to make sure we had all that we needed. I have a long list of food allergies, which the chefs accommodated by chatting with me at each meal, and making me something special...always delicious! The staff was all mindful of my allergies, even when having a drink and they brought snacks, they let me know what I shouldn't eat and brought me special things to eat. The small touches are delightful....flower petals on your sheets for the turn down service, and on the toilet paper roll daily. A fresh rose in the bathroom and fresh bottles of water twice daily. We enjoyed the daily yoga classes, the Ayurvedic consultation, and a tasting of local wines...all complimentary. We hired one of the activities guides to take us on a two-hour walk...he was incredibly knowledgeable and delightful. This is a fabulous place to relax and unwind.

Room Tip: The mountain view rooms are spectacular!
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 30 March 2011

we decided to celebrate our anniversary by having a second honeymoon of sorts. we decided to check out wildflower hall for our private celebration. we were going on a holiday without the kids for the first time. from the moment we entered the hotel the magic began. since we had driven there, the moment we stepped out on the porch the staff took overthe car, the luggage.all we did was sit in the lovely lobby and refresh ourselves with cold towels and tea. we were upgraded to the mountain view room due to our anniversary. the rooms are quite spaciousand bathrooms are quite opulent. the service is by far the best in theworld. we have travelled world over and stayed in some luxurious properties but the service at wildflower was par excellence. the hotel had suggested a special candlenight dinner to celebrate our anniversary. but on discussion with their activity guy we decided to go for their picnic experience. its the best romantic experience of all times. its for over 5000 bucks but its well worth every penny. first u have a discussion with chef on what u want in ure hamper, they have a picnic menu to choose from. they take u on a 30 min leisure walk thru the sanctuary and u reach a quiet clearing where tent of sorts has been pitched with big mattress, pillows etc. a table has been set with noritake crockery, cutlery, white tablecloth, napkins etc. ure hamper is ready next to table and the wine we chose were in coolers next to bed. it was all so classy and so well planned. the guide leaves u here for few hrs and u can enjoy romantic meal, wine in absolute solitude. this was the best experience ever.
we also did mountain biking one day and througly enjoyed it.
we had initially booked for 2 night package but we were enjoying our second honeymoon so much we extended itfor 2 more nights. all thanks to the hotel staff, the ambience, the food etc.
special mention for the food dept. the chefs here take great pride in their food. they personally come up to ure table to asku ure likes etc. the indian food chef vickey was outstanding. he made us the best bengali fish curry ever. usually 5 star hotels have so so food. but chefs here in wildflower are great. the italian food was superb, the bakery was amazing and the indian food chef vickey cooked such delicious food for us that we looked foward to our meals so much.
also the general managers are a South African couple named rob and storm mason, who were so warm and so welcoming. they were so keen to make our holiday so memorable. thanks rob and storm for the delicious chocolate cake u sent up to our room for our anniversary.
if u want a memorable, most romantic holiday then just go ahead and head to wildflower. specially for people who want a quiet, scenic getaway. the staff deserve a special mention, from the doorman to the waiters, the housekeeping was so efficient so prompt, and the food was mouthwatering. you will enjoy the food more if you tel thechef any preferencesu have, even if the dish is not on the menu they will make it for u. every morn chef wouldask us our likes etc and have special treats for lunch and dinner.
they have the best indoor heated swimming pool with a outdoor heated jacuzzi. it was heaven to sit in hot jacuzzi and have drinks and snacks etc.
best part about this hotel is no tipping policy. at the end of ure stay just put whatever u want to tip in an envelope and hand it over. this is an optional thing. so all the smiles, the superb service is truly unique . i am truly an Oberoi fan now and cant wait to try their other hotels. they beat Taj hotels hands down. thanks for the great time. we will be back soon.

4  Thank sailor04
Wildflower_Hall, General Manager at Wildflower Hall, Shimla in the Himalayas, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2011

Dear Guest

Wow! What a magnificent and heartfelt review!

It was an absolute delight having you both stay with us and we are thrilled that we were able to make your anniversary such a special one! We pride ourselves in creating magical moments and our mission is satisfactorily accomplished when we receive feedback such as yours!

The whole team loved reading your review and we all have a huge smile in our hearts from the knowledge that you have walked away with memories that will be with you both forever!

We hope you come back sooner rather than later, and relive your honeymoon a third time over!!
With our best wishes to you both and to welcoming you both back to Wildflower Hall, Shimla in the Himalayas!

Reviewed 28 March 2011

Not so good after sales service and…
I am writing this review after quite a few days later to my check out from Wildflower hall (checked out on 20th March 2011) so that my review is not prejudiced and not a “heat of the moment” review. I stayed at the resort for 3 nights. This was the first leg of my honeymoon and then continued onto Manali.

First of all I would like to mention that the place has a very beautiful view.
So here goes my review.

Good things –

1. Very good location – The location of the resort/property is really good. It’s quite serene and silent. Enjoyed the “strawberry trail” walk.
2. Service (Quite friendly staff) – They were pleasant and courteous. Had a warm smile on their face. Would like to mention about Karan who treated us quite well during our stay. Also the service was quite punctual and didn’t have to remind them.
3. Activities – There are quite a few options but then again it depends on the purpose of the trip. Enjoyed the overall rafting experience.
4. Rooms – The rooms were quite good. At times felt that they could have been bigger but then I guess it’s always going to be the same with a bigger room as well.
5. Facilities – I think the facilities were quite good but I have limited experience of leisure trips to a 5-star hotel in India. Also we did not use all the facilities during our stay, so don’t have much to say about them.
6. Spa – We took couples massage and it was indeed a very wonderful experience. Something we would always have memories of.

Not so good things –

1. Service – Let me state my opinion with what happened –
“This happened on the 2nd night of my stay. My wife lost her appetite after having very less of what she ordered, so while clearing the table, the person who was serving us, asked her as to why she had so less??!!!”
We both were shocked enough not to reply to his question but were quite unhappy with the question. Now it made me think if this question would have been ever asked to the person who acts snobbish or to any foreigners (trust me I don’t have any racist feelings against anybody).
Now if you are wondering as to why I didn’t complain to the Manager, coz I sometimes got a similar feeling from Storm as well. Robert was to be seen and not talked to by everybody. I am strict believer of the concept – “culture/ethic of a place is passed from top (upper mgmt) to bottom and not vice versa”
2. Activities – Earlier I told that I like the overall rafting experience, so what I didn’t like was the feedback taken about the activity. I don’t think river Sutlej is known for white water rafting, hence while selling me the idea, I had about 4 or 5 people ask me about it but there was only person who asked me about the exp after the activity. And that was not the person who arranged the activity.
3. Restaurant – The choice is quite limited. I do like the idea of the complimentary breakfast being served at our table instead of standing in a line in a buffet but options provided are quite limited.

My overall experience has been satisfactory but I think that is something to be taken for granted when I go to a 5-star hotel. What was missing in this place was customer delight and that is something I would expect to experience when I go to hotels like Oberoi’s.

There have been a few more small things which i have skipped from this review.

If you need further information of any sort you can mail me at [--]

3  Thank Avinash81

Dear Guest

Thank you for your honest feedback and review.

As discussed with you telephonically in detail, your constructive feedback has been taken to heart and again we sincerely apologise for your dissatisfaction.

The complimentary two night stay which you have accepted from us will allow us the opportunity to ensure that your next stay is both comfortable and memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon to Wildflower Hall, Shimla in the Himalayas!

Reviewed 26 March 2011

No need to leave the hotel and the beautiful surroundings. The guided walks, the swimming pool and outdoor Jacuzzi , the food with the chefs ever so obliging and the management staff
so visible and attentive.
The only suggestion I have is to offer a block rate for the use of wi-fi
for the entire stay rather than scratching cards every day for hourly or daily rate which cannot be carried foreword.
Thank you Robert and Storm and the entire staff

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank naren1

Dear Guest

It’s always a pleasure receiving such lovely feedback and we are thrilled to know that your time here at Wildflower Hall was memorable!

We are delighted that the hotel met your expectations and when you need a break away from the madness of the metro city, you know who to call!

Your frustration with the internet system is noted and appreciated and once again we sincerely apologise about the inconvenience caused as a result.

Once again thank you for the wonderful review and we sincerely look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to Wildflower Hall soon!

Robert.mason@oberoihotels.com

Reviewed 25 March 2011

just can .......great hotel !!!! @@@ great location !!! ...nice so stay.... one of its kind..... Should stay once in your life....
Nice Staff !!!!!!!!
Nice swimming pool !!!!!!
Nice food !!!!!!!
nice rooms !!!!!!!

All is nice.. ................................. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank RajendraTraveler

Dear Guest

It’s wonderful to know that you had such an enjoyable stay with us!Thank you for the lovely review and your satisfaction has been conveyed to the whole team!

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Wildflower Hall soon!

robert.mason@oberoihotels.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashobra
8.9 km away
6.6 km away
Marigold Sarovar Portico
Marigold Sarovar Portico
#12 of 114 in Shimla

Been to Wildflower Hall, Shimla in the Himalayas? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK