“Spend quality time with family here”

Club Mahindra Mashobra
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Mashobra
new delhi
“Spend quality time with family here”
Reviewed 21 November 2011

What a relief to be near Shimla and yet smell the pines. Club Mahindra Mashobra is suitably away from the concrete jungle that is Shimla, yet offers you a chance to stroll in Simla for nostalgia. The Resort offers great walks in the forest, is very well kept , with lots of activities for the kids. Rooms are good, views decent and food is really super. But I always find the food packages for the family little on the higher side. It is OK if you are a small group, but a place like club Mahindra is meant for full family. Honestly, they need to get real on pricing.
The highlight of the trip was river rafting organised in tatapani. Worth any day. Not to forget the lovely game of Golf in Naldhera. What a tough golf course? Must play.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Greater Noida, India
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I stayed in this Club Mahindra Resort during November 2011. I had an excellent time there and would recommend this resort to all.

Let me list out the positives and Areas of Improvement (nothing really negative):

Positives
1. Excellent Valley view rooms.
2. Highest standards of cleanliness in the resort and room maintained by their housekeeping staff.
3. Great food prepared by the chefs.Both buffet and A la carte was range is excellent.
4. Attitude of the resort staff was really polite and warm.
5. Nice seperate area for the children to enjoy and play around.

Areas of Improvement
1. It is not very large compared to the others.
2. Ideally rooms should have a balcony to make the experience more complete.
3. They should have some Large sign boards showing the directions as it is very easy to miss out.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank dip_roy123
Dubai
Reviewed 6 November 2011

For all the romance of web based photos, reviews, articles and related coverage, the most desirable of places can become a dream gone sour if the hotel is not upto speed. My family of four including 2 kids were very clear on the comfort levels required and facilities needed.
We drove from Amritsar in a rented Innova. The driver knew his way around so that was a plus. The drive was long and tiring and the roads mostly terrible. The approach to the hotel for the last 10-12 kms was particularly bad. The Hotel is a small compact building set on the road itself facing a petrol station. Room views that side are not what you want. The behind faces the mountains and is better to be there. The Building was clean and well painted with a small but well maintained patch of garden behind which houses not just the basketball court but also rabbits and ducks and has a small rivulet bubbling by.
The room was small and reasonable well appointed. Not luxury by any stretch.
The next day, on request, they moved us to a bigger room which was a relief. The rooms have split unit ACs with remotes, no flat panel TVs.
The hotel is not luxury but is comfortable to be in and its values start to grow on you. Instrumental in this is their service, the ambience and effort towards organising and conducting evening activities. This is not your typical hotel which sells rooms but a family oriented holiday resort. The kids loved it. Magic shows, training for simple tricks, table tennis, carrom, books to read and borrow, lotto or bingo in the evenings, Karaoke, air hockey on the table, etc. I enjoyed the Karaoke and won a few fans because of it! Some charming, some inebriated! The food. Important and crucial to any hotel or resort. My verdict is reasonable good. A bit disposed towards vegetarians they do a good honest job. The spread during buffet breakfast and lunch/dinner is varied and acceptable. The staff strives to please and are sincere. A la carte is available too. They do a better job of the regular Indian menu items. Do not expect miracles of anything else. The Bar is an area of improvement. It is a half hearted effort and lazily tended.
Front staff is again, like room and restaurant staff, very helpful and cooperative. Lots of local trips and excursions can be planned and organised.
The rooms could do with flat panel TV and a safe box. The bathrooms, though clean, do not feature separate shower and bath areas and so remain wet always. The small walk in area with wardrobes and space for bags is helpful.
Overall a holiday resort with good attitude and good staff doing a good job.

Room Tip: Try to book the mountain facing and not the petrol station facing side.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank sushkar
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I won a voucher through some competition. Its little tricky to get benefit out of vouchers. They are limited validity periods. That to again the room availability was poor. I had to be very prompt in checking all availability and in fact compromize on location preference. However i managed to get it finally for Shimla. Experience was really good after that. Everything about club mahindra was good.

Room Tip: Book well in advance
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Hi
I was at this hotel from 11th OCt 2011 till 13th Oct 2011. I had an amazing experience at this wonderfull Club Mahindra resort. i was travelling with my wife and my 5months Old sweetheart. We reached around 2:30Pm and check in was smooth. I asked for Valley facing room and was given that. The view was AWESOME and to my surprise my 5month old daughter was enjoying it. She was making sounds and was happy in that room.

Awesome food with lot of variety. As it was a bit difficult for us to eat at the same time me and my wife were taking turns like i was taking care of my daughter and my wife eating food and vice-a-versa. Seeing this the food court head (do't remember the name i think REEMA sorry if i am not correct) took initiative and took care of my daughter till the time we had dinner. We also tried the much famous chineese food and it was as expected AWESOME. But our daughter was not feeling well because we travelled a lot. it was our second night and that whole day we were travelled from Tattapani to shimla to mashobra. KULDEEP (i remember his name) he was too generous and kind in helping us to select the food so that it should not become toooo chilly for us and yes he did a splendid job he also took care of our daughter while we had dinner. I loved the hospitality here. PRIYAM she was too nice to make us feel comfortable. there was another person i am forgetting the name who was from MUMBAI sorry bro cannot recall your name. He made us understand what the HIMACHALI THALI is all about and how the food is cooked and what is given in that Thali. Hey i remember one more person who helped my booking while i was in delhi VINEET applause for you and the lady who helped us in checking in.

But i just have two things to be taken care bby CLUB MAHINDRA.

1) SIGN BOARDS... i could see RADISSON sign board for direction but CM was not visible and i went 4kms and called resort spoke to lady who helped us in check in and she guided us back.

2) AC is meant for cooling and at some point of night i was sweating and in the morning i was informed that cooling cannot be done its a HEATER. Please have a Cooling plant as at some point of day/night it was required.

I will be coming back to this resort again next year in july with my friends as we are planning for Lahaul-spiti-leh-ladakh-srinagar tour.

Thanks to everyone who made my vacation a wonderfull experience with my wife and my 5months old sweetheart.

Regards.
Mrs. & Mr. Saurabh Lal
&
My daughter Hitanshi ( thank you everyone)

Room Tip: Always select Valley facing room to have awesome sun rise experience with beautifull views of snow c...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Saurabh_Rider
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashobra
2.5 km away
6.9 km away
Woodstock Resort
Woodstock Resort
#1 of 1 in Naldehra

Been to Club Mahindra Mashobra? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK