All reviews home away from home the river memorable stay his mother perfect place traditional food rooms are spacious manish bank hospitality life nature culture house taste adventure sides
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 January 2017

We had a marvelous stay in Chamba at Jamwal Villa Homestay. Wonderful interiors, very good service and excellent dining too, must recommended. Great food, the family is very nice and the staff is also very good.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Sherpa688501
JamwalVilla, Owner at Jamwal Villa Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2017

Dear Mr. J.P

Warm greetings!!!

Thanks for your review. It was pleasure to have you and family at JVH. Looking forward to see you soon.

Thanks & Best Regards
Manish Jamwal

Reviewed 29 November 2016

Rooms were spacious and clean ..Food was great ..all food prepared by Aunty (owner's Mom).
Great location and they decorate the house in a very authentic way. Very friendly stay.
All 3 rooms have attached bathroom. Very great open area for evening tea

Room tip: Full house is very nice
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank chandm28
JamwalVilla, Owner at Jamwal Villa Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2016

Dear Sir/Madam

Manish Jamwal

Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

I wanted to see the chamba culture and was looking up in trip advisor for my chamba stay and came upon this property which had an unbelievable number of 5 star ratings from previous guests so i without the slightest hesitation booked this property for 3 days .
I spoke to the owner Mr. Manish Jamwal and re-confirmed my booking via phone ...

Advantages -

- The best thing abt this homestay is that it is true to its name and u will totally feel as if ur staying in ur own home.
- The place is peacefully located away from the hustle n noise of chamba town at abt 9 km towards bharmour .
- There is a tributary of the ravi river which flows just metres down of the place.
- The family is so lovable and caring that u have to pinch urself that its not a dream.
- The owner Mr. Manish is one great person he will guide u in what u can do for the day , he will take u down the road besides the river with the super cute black Labrador glady for ur company.
- The best thing abt this place is that its located in a very safe and secure place which is just perfect for ur family , u will be really looked after very very well and at the same time ur privacy will be respected totally .
- The food is mindblowing , dey serve u with home grown food which is served with soooooo much love that u will be spoilt for choices as to which dish to eat first , all dishes are finger licking and good proper authentic desi ghee made home cooked fresh chamyali dishes made by the sweet and caring mother of Mr. Manish.
- Mrs Jamwal is also very caring , always smilling and my wife had a nice company to chit chat the local culture with her while i watched my cricket , news without interuption... lolz .
- The rooms are just perfect with all amenities like led tv , geyser for hot water n cosy bed along with a balcony to sit and just listen to the birds chirping and the river flowing music .... total bliss to the senses .
- The person who serves u is a sweet old man Mr. Pyare ji.
- The place is literally a heaven in short with ducks , rabbits , birds , a playfull well manered Labrador , garden , swing , hammocks to keep u mesmerized n sorted for ur stay.
- Take a walk there is a village near by where u can see the village life up close there is a house which was shot for the movie "Dil Se".
- Parking space available in the homestay.

Disadvantages -
NONE !!!

Thanks a lot Mr. Manish Jamwal and family looking forward to definitely re-visit ur homestay once more in this lifetime.

Happy Holidays to all , book this property with eyes closed and me 1000 % sure that u will also give it a 5 star rating just like i and the other guests did !!!

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bishnoiii
JamwalVilla, Owner at Jamwal Villa Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2016

Dear Sir,

Warm greetings!!!

Thanks for taking your precious time to write review. It was pleasure to have you and madam at our homestay.

Looking forward to see you again.

Thanks & Best Regards
Er. M.S.Jamwal
Jamwal Villa Homestay

Reviewed 11 October 2016 via mobile

It's not just the hotel or the surroundings that are beautiful but the hosts as well. We reached there in the early evening and the owner offered to show us around saying there was a beautiful waterfall within walking distance of the road. I wouldn't say it was walking distance, felt like a little trek to me but it was indeed heavenly. Then he took us to a nearby village where one of the only two temples of goddess Hidimba is situated, the other one being in Manali. There he shared quite a few folklores with us, some scary some astonishing. Then we went back and had dinner and what dinner it was - pure heaven!!
Slept peacefully through the night and rode out early next morning. But I have to say, he accommodated us really well. He even provided to help us dry or wet clothes and didn't even charge for it. Excellent service is all I can say.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank sodadiaries
JamwalVilla, Owner at Jamwal Villa Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2016

Dear Mr.Vineet

Er.M.S.Jamwal

Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

Excellent location, beautiful family to take care of guests, superb food, and great serene feeling with river flowing and best is short family treks near by .
Overall a fantastic experience
Sharing my trek experience

My guide and I started at 8 am for our Baski Naag trek... Met beautiful village people on the way...saw a 80year old with our grand Daughter speeding away...said few words of encouragement to me...finally reached at TOP after 5 hours ... It was amazing feeling touching my soul.. Making my eyes moist...met a family and quickly offered 2 lovely cups of tea... Then went to the Baski Naag Temple... Met 3 young kids - abhishek, Dinesh and mahesh ..budding cricketers ... Taught them few skills of Cricket .. One kid had great talent ..: but told me uncle one tennis ball cost 60 RS... Which is difficult to afford... Whatever little knowledge I have on Cricket ... I can bet this kid (10y old) had the talent to make it nationals ...I requested them for a small match... The kid quickly made a Cricket ball by stuffing socks together...then converted a burning wood into a Bat... we played a 4 over match... It was terrific feeling ... Then share my lunch with this young team (they named it as Rockstar)...started my descent at around 3... Then we may a amazing old couple... They offered us fruit and served us lovely tea..My phone battery dead but my battery was fully charged... Reached bottom at 5 pm..I thanked all mighty for this blissful day in the nature

Date of stay: September 2016