All reviews home away from home the river memorable stay his mother perfect place traditional food rooms are spacious manish bank hospitality life nature culture house taste adventure sides
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 August 2016

I recently travelled to Chamba -Khajjiar - Dalhousie with friends and planned our stay at Jamwal Villa as we wanted to stay at a secluded place rather than a commercialised one.After we booked are stay here ,I was very hesitant about the place and thought we had taken a wrong decision of staying at a Home stay,But i was proved wrong as soon as we checked into this place .
The place is owned by M.S Jamwal wherein he stays with his family and they have separate section for the guests . The family is extremely warm and welcoming yet you would be left to yourself and not even once during my two nights stay i felt there interference.
The villa is located at the river side with a lot of open space with a well kept garden area.The rooms are comfortable and are kept clean .Both the rooms had a nice balcony which were river facing.
They also serve you home made food which is just amazing.The workers here are very warm and proactive.
And not to miss they have a very cute black Labrador who will always keep you entertained whenever you are in the premises.
In all it has been a wonderful vacation ,and i wish I had few more days to be at this wonderful place.Would love to visit this place soon and would surely recommend this place to friends.
Thank You for your wonderful hospitality.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Nehaverma85
JamwalVilla, Owner at Jamwal Villa Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2016

Thanks for your review. It was pleasure to have you with your friends at our Homestay.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

Has been great experience staying here. Warm hospitality, great service & natural beauty are three major assets in Jamwal Villa home stay. We had a great stay for 3D/2N in Jamwal Villa. Barbeque in the night & Yoga in the morning over the rocks of river river Ravi will leave a ever lasting memories for the life. Had amazing trekking experience planned by Mr.Manish Jamwal from Holi near Chamba/Bharmour. Thanks for a memorable trip, Mr. Manish.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank DorababuM1
Reviewed 17 June 2016

I recently spent three months travelling around the north of India and my experience at Jamwal Villa Homestay stands out as one of the most memorable of the entire trip. Manish and his whole family made me feel so welcome from the moment I arrived. My room was homely, clean and tidy, and it was lovely to walk a few minutes outside my door and watch the river flowing by. Manish and his nephew Mishtu took me out to explore the nearby village of Mehla and invited me for tea with their relatives. I felt so privileged to get an insight into local life and hear all about the history and traditions of the area. Another day, we walked up to a beautiful little temple in the hills, while Manish also arranged for his cousin to help show me around Bharmour when I visited there. The food at the homestay was out of this world and I could almost write a whole separate review about that! I loved the rajma ka madra, the khatta, the kasrod pickle, the makke ki roti and basically everything I ate! So, so delicious! I can't say enough good things about this place... I really loved every minute of my stay. I would recommend it to anyone and am already thinking about when I can next go back. Thank you Manish and your whole family for giving me the warmest welcome and making me feel like your home is my home too. I will never forget it and I hope to return one day and see you all again! Also, sorry it't taken me so long to get around to writing this review! Sending my best wishes to you and your wife, Mishtu and your children, and all of your staff!

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank LaurenYEH
JamwalVilla, Owner at Jamwal Villa Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2016

Hi Lauren

Warm greetings!!!

Thanks a lot for review. It was pleasure to have you at Jamwal Villa Homestay. Looking forward to see you soon at our villa.

Best Regards
Manish Jamwal

Reviewed 15 June 2016

It's like a dream home, full of natural beauty. I recommend every one to stay here if you want to unleash the true beauty of Chamba. Thanks to Mr Manish & entire Jamwal family to provide excellent hospitality. It's truly an amazing experience..remember for a long time...Hope to come back again in future.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

Beautiful place, most comfortable rooms, serene ambience, delicious food and to top it all, Amazing people, Mr. Manish, his wife, his family and uncle jee who takes care of guests.

Must visit with family

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ruchika S

Hello Ma'am

Warm greetings!!!

Thanks for your review. It was pleasure to have you and family at Jamwal Villa Homestay.

Best Regards