Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$ 54
eDreamsUS$ 54
Agoda.comUS$ 54
TripadvisorUS$ 54
FindHotel
All reviews organic food himachali food sustainable tourism authentic experience wonderful location two days orchard culture treks nature delhi taste heart valley eco farm stories
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 December 2019

We visited Orchard Hut for a decompression after 2 weeks in Delhi, Agra, Jaipur and Pushkar. It was exactly that! The Dahmi family were so welcoming and kind. The ambiance was laid back and very chill. Our meals were delicious and our hosts would explain in detail all the homegrown organic ingredients and how they were prepared. If you are looking for a casual, rustic and authentic experience I highly recommend the Himalayan Orchard Hut!
Corrine
Courtice, Ontario, Canada

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 December 2019 via mobile

It's an out of the blue experience. Talking to senior Dhami ji about the cultural interpretation of Chamba Temples , various treks and his stories are amazing ! The dining halls , ambience and the Beautiful sunsets are an experience in itself ! The highlight was seeing four Kaleej Pheasants on way back just below his huts ! Hats off to Orchard Hut...a travellers haven !

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2019 via mobile

A dream come true. Best place to visit in West Himalayan region equipped with river crossing pathway,Orchids almost every fruit and crop,vegitables,farm having goat,hen,cow,bull. Building structure is eco friendly made up of wood and Himalayan stone . Enjoyed organic food which is produce and made in there own farm and kitchen. Owner is highly experienced with international exposure depth of knowledge about Himalayan mountains and culture above all a Good human being. Highly recommended for Nature lover, researchers, Photographer

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2019

The Orchard Hut has managed to make a very special place. Simple but very warm and welcoming at the same time. Beautiful surroundings, really nice home cooked food, warm and family like welcome. Bring your hiking shoes for some really nice and steep hikes up the mountains.

The rooms are clean and have all the basic amenities you need.

The theme Back to Nature really stands out and gives the home-stay a very special touch.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2019

This place is very special and will always have a spot in my heart. What makes the Himalayan Orchard Huts is the family who run it; they make you feel very welcome. (ex: when I left they all came out to say goodbye and I nearly cried)

The views from the main property and the hiking cottage (Ridgemore) are astounding; probably one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen in my life. Just breathtaking...and the photos don't do it justice.

The rooms have what you need (like a flushing toilet, a warm shower and extra blankets on the bed) and are a good size. They are a bit "Rustic" as they were constructed in a traditional way so don't go there expecting the rooms to look like those from Ibis in the city or something. I really liked them though as I felt like I had more of a traditional experience. They are aiming for more environmentally sustainable tourism and you can see that (which I loved).

The food was simply amazing. I had the misconception that all Indian food is hot and spicy but this food was flavorful in ways I couldn't have imagined. Every day (for each meal!) they prepared several new dishes and explained what everything was and how it was made. The fact that they are also an operational organic farm and serve their home-grown food is amazing. Side note: I am lactose intolerant and they gladly accommodated me.

In conclusion, I don't normally visit a place more than once but the Himalayan Orchard Huts is a place I would like very much to go back to some day.

Date of stay: August 2019