“Worth the money Good facilities”
Review of Suraj Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kurnool
Suraj Hotel
Reviewed 20 January 2016

We stayed here for two nights during our tour to nearby places. There is a good place for car parking opposite to this hotel. The room is spacious with A/C, and a mini-fridge, TV. Bed, towels and bathroom all were clean and neat. Chairs, Study Table and enough plug points for your gadgets available. Hot water was available all the times. They have a power backup for basic lights and fans which is good. Room service is good. There is a restaurant in 1st floor. Food is good, but spicy (yes it is Andhra style). Worth the money.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 October 2015

Hyderabad to Kurnool drive was a cake walk.From there to Nandyal was a nightmare.Potholes big enough to swallow up a whole tyre. Sudden turns, dust engulfs your windscreen and a true roller coaster ride for sure. We reached Nandyal at around 4:00 pm and there were no sign boards to tell where this SURAJ hotel is. We had to check with bystanders, auto drivers and at last entered a narrow 'gulli' to spot this hotel.The moment we saw the hotel from outside, did not really wanted to get down as my 9 year daughter commented 'Dad, this looks like a lodge! (in south India, 'lodge' is commonly used for petty hotels with poor service and bad rooms). But i told her we don't have a choice and that i saw their website which showed decent rooms.

I stepped in. Reception. A young lady to whom i spoke to 3 days back for a reservation - didn't make note of it. First hit.Then i asked her at-least to help show me a suite room before i decide. She said there are no bell boys around, and that i need to wait. Second Hit. God save me. A young man working in the front office listening all this, came to my rescue and showed me the suite room. Great!! the room is nothing in comparison to the outside look of this hotel.
Big room , big bed, a sofa, 4 seat dining table, LCD TV, big cupboard and a tall ladies mirror and neat cupboards, all neat and new. The shower head in the bath was large like rain shower head and then this young man introduced himself as Ramesh, front office in-charge. He was so humble and informative that he even anticipated my thoughts in advance and said 'sir your family will like the room'. Well, My daughter and wife who were quite skeptical who were waiting in the car down stairs, were also equally surprised to see such neat room in that small hot dusty town!

We stayed for 2 nights and Mr. Ramesh took very good care of us right from helping us plan a itinerary of the famous temples and tourist places nearby Nandyal, which included, the all famous Belum caves, Ahobilam Temple, Mahanandi, and also took lot of care about our food and suggested the best dishes of their hotel to dine on. He went out of his way and even after doing his night duty, he escorted us to show directions on our personal request - one whole day. He was working 24 hrs a day!

The draw back is my room didn't have a view and the window faces an apartment wall. The room service was quite slow may be due to weekend pressure. In the morning i indeed saw few foreigners, many decent Indian families from north, staying and coming for their breakfast, and assured myself well i did not make a wrong choice.

We had a pleasant stay in the suite room and the hot water shower was available 24 hrs which was a great saving grace to me for i was driving the whole day and i was battered with dust and smoke of Panyam ghats and Nandyal. I had to keep my car windows down very often as i needed to ask for directions most of time. I request Suraj hotel management to keep signposts of their hotel in at-least in prominent places in Nandyal.

And THANK YOU Mr.Ramesh for your care and hospitality. You are the best asset of this hotel! You made our stay and trip memorable.

NOTE: If you are driving on LPG fuel, please remember, the only option after Hyderbad is on Kurnool-Benguluru highway - GO GAS.No where else you will find LPG fuel stations, on this hy-way till Ananthapur again. If any one knows, PS let me know.

Room Tip: Ask for suite rooms with a view