“Lovely Accomodation, Fairly Average Food”

Novotel Barossa Valley Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rowland Flat
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We stayed here over the October Long Weekend. The room itself is nice and cosy, sound does not tend to creep in, but I can not understand how in this day and age, free wifi to the room is not provided. All the staff were professional and welcoming, I can not fault them!

The breakfast is nice and the staff were very accomodating. However, the dinner in the restaurant and room service was very average.

I ordered the rib eye and was less than impressive and the duck pasta was swimming with caramelised onion.

The second night, we ordered room service after a massive day at the wineries and impressive food. Unfortunately I ordered the burger. What I got was a charcoaled piece of cardboard in a bun.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room on the upper floor
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
BAROSSA_NOVOTEL, General Manager at Novotel Barossa Valley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Dear Draenath,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Barossa Valley Resort. I am sorry to read of your experience with our Food and Beverage Department, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel, spacious and well located.
Our room a 2 bedroom apartment was comfortable and clean and well equipped . It was located next to a stairwell and One room had a problem with the sound of people going up and down the stairs
Also the light from stairwell was a bother. The window could do with a light block out cover.
Otherwise
The restaurant had great menus for food and wine The food was fantastic . Breakfast was also superb. The service from staff was great.
The drawback that I had from this hotel was I had ordered and purchased a bottle of sparkling
Which was not in our room upon arrival so I had to go and get it. And i had requested the 2 single beds to be made into one, which was acknowledged when I rang but never materialised and I was over charged $50 for the room which was rectified when I made my phone call
So all well with this hotel but just check to confirm what you may have requested actually is what you get

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr. Ivan,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our questionnaire during your recent visit to Novotel Barossa Valley Resort. As a company we greatly value both the positive and constructive feedback which we receive from our guests as we constantly strive to maintain a consistently high standard of service.

I do apologise for the issues you did experience, this is certainly not up to our Standard.

I look forward to reading of a more pleasant stay next time,

Reviewed 1 October 2017

I recently had my third stay at this hotel for a business meeting. I have always found this to be an excellent property, with generous sized, very clean rooms with a fantastic vista outside. Staff are wonderful, helpful and very positive. The dining area is excellent. There is also complementary wine tasting some evenings, and good outdoor sporting facilities.The one downside is the wifi - it is pay as you go on one of two plans if you want to access it from your room. Otherwise a limited amount of time per day is available from the foyer or restaurant for free. I made use of the latter initially, but I found the speed of this wifi to be extremely slow. After mentioning this to management, I was given complementary room wifi access which had satisfactory speed. I would comment that surely a property of this quality can provide a better wifi service, as wifi is virtually an essential these days.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
BAROSSA_NOVOTEL, General Manager at Novotel Barossa Valley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear Westralia,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Barossa Valley Resort.

It is always a pleasure to receive both positive and constructive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

We stayed here over Winter. The rooms were clean and all had a good view of the valley.
The Staff were very helpful and very knowledgeable of surrounding area.
The only let down for us, was Saskia Beer's dining menu. There was nothing on the menu that stood out. All meals lacked flavour and were overpriced. On the second night we comtemplated ordering pizza to the room from the local Italian Restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2017

A bit pricey but we have stayed before and the rooms are good / well maintained and it is a very nice setting: tv reception good and the gym is very convenient: The location is very convenient for exploring the Barossa Valley:

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Jacobs Creek Retreat
#9 of 15 in Tanunda
4.7 km away
Blickinstal Barossa Valley Retreat

Been to Novotel Barossa Valley Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK