2,378 results
All reviewsgolf coursebarossa valleyroom servicewine tastingjacobs creekbuffet breakfastwalking tracksmall kitchenetterolling hillslovely locationking bedlocal wineriesstunning viewstennis courtsrelaxing stayspa roompillow menu
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel, spacious and well located.
Our room a 2 bedroom apartment was comfortable and clean and well equipped . It was located next to a stairwell and One room had a problem with the sound of people going up and down the stairs
Also the light from stairwell was a bother. The window could do with a light block out cover.
Otherwise
The restaurant had great menus for food and wine The food was fantastic . Breakfast was also superb. The service from staff was great.
The drawback that I had from this hotel was I had ordered and purchased a bottle of sparkling
Which was not in our room upon arrival so I had to go and get it. And i had requested the 2 single beds to be made into one, which was acknowledged when I rang but never materialised and I was over charged $50 for the room which was rectified when I made my phone call
So all well with this hotel but just check to confirm what you may have requested actually is what you get

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
BAROSSA_NOVOTEL, General Manager at Novotel Barossa Valley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Dear Mr. Ivan,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our questionnaire during your recent visit to Novotel Barossa Valley Resort. As a company we greatly value both the positive and constructive feedback which we receive from our guests as we constantly strive to maintain a consistently high standard of service.

I do apologise for the issues you did experience, this is certainly not up to our Standard.

I look forward to reading of a more pleasant stay next time,

Sarah Goldfinch

Reviewed 1 October 2017

I recently had my third stay at this hotel for a business meeting. I have always found this to be an excellent property, with generous sized, very clean rooms with a fantastic vista outside. Staff are wonderful, helpful and very positive. The dining area is excellent. There is also complementary wine tasting some evenings, and good outdoor sporting facilities.The one downside is the wifi - it is pay as you go on one of two plans if you want to access it from your room. Otherwise a limited amount of time per day is available from the foyer or restaurant for free. I made use of the latter initially, but I found the speed of this wifi to be extremely slow. After mentioning this to management, I was given complementary room wifi access which had satisfactory speed. I would comment that surely a property of this quality can provide a better wifi service, as wifi is virtually an essential these days.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
BAROSSA_NOVOTEL, General Manager at Novotel Barossa Valley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear Westralia,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Barossa Valley Resort.

It is always a pleasure to receive both positive and constructive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Sarah Goldfinch

Reviewed 30 September 2017

We stayed here over Winter. The rooms were clean and all had a good view of the valley.
The Staff were very helpful and very knowledgeable of surrounding area.
The only let down for us, was Saskia Beer's dining menu. There was nothing on the menu that stood out. All meals lacked flavour and were overpriced. On the second night we comtemplated ordering pizza to the room from the local Italian Restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2017

A bit pricey but we have stayed before and the rooms are good / well maintained and it is a very nice setting: tv reception good and the gym is very convenient: The location is very convenient for exploring the Barossa Valley:

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Once you turn off Golflinks Road you are on a road to the middle of nowhere until you come up to the entrance of the Resort nestled on a crest overlooking to surrounds of Rowlands Flat and the valleys beyond. The view from our room on the second level right next to the main reception block and pool is priceless - the chaise lounge is positioned to offer that stunning view of rolling hills as far as the eye could see. The room is spacious, the ensuite recently renovated and, pleasantly surprising, there is a functional kitchenette with a sink and microwave oven just inside the door. This allowed us to "dine in" one night with our own wine and some Maggie Beer provisions, with the microwave proving very efficient in heating up a delicious sweet potato, pear and ginger soup. Also much welcomed is the in-room Nespresso coffee maker accompanied by 3 coffee pods each day. Sadly there is no option to purchase more pods. Suggestion to Management: This should be offered as there will be other guests like us who wouldn't mind having another coffee or 2! Breakfast is served in the on-site Cellar Kitchen restaurant. It's choices are varied and acceptable; however, the offerings are the same each morning, at least on the 3 mornings we were there. It is not unreasonable to expect some variations each day. The facilities around the resort seemed under utilised, but maybe because it is presently not holiday makers peak season yet. Our fellow guests, like us, seem to venture out to explore this beautiful region and head back "to nest/rest" at the end of the day. The excitement of the day is the wine tasting offered each day, from 5:00pm. More effort should be made to offer some/other activities for guests to generate a buzz around the resort - at the moment there is a quiet calm about the place, a very quiet calm. Comfort factor: Excellent. Ambience: Almost dull.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple