This Resort is situated around 225kms from Bangalore... Good roads all the way except the last 15kms, where there are no roads only. We were a group of 6 who just landed in the morning without a booking but to our luck we got a tented cottage and a double decker room...
The view from the resort is very relaxing, if you are on a relaxing holiday and the beds are cozy enough for a good sleep and the whole are is really peaceful.
1. The staff is very nice and friendly and very polite and their service provided by staff was really good.
2. Tented cottage is a real good place to stay, very calm ambience, cozy beds and a good bath area.
3. The food was really good(not finger lickin), there wasnt much variety for vegetarians though.
1. The swimming pool was dirty but still we used it.
2. There are very few signboards and you might loose your way( we roamed around here n there for an hour)
3. Never take help of GPS or google maps- it will surely land u up somewhere else.
4. No credit/debit card machine to dobthe payment- we had to go back all the way to H D Kote to get the cash from ATM( we expected such high priced resort to have a card swiping machine as a least thing).
5. Not worth paying that amount of money.
Overall it was an okay okay experience... The disappointment was that the expectations were of very high luxury stay. But the staff, food and the views around made up for it.
I recommend it for a visit... But keep Ur expectations minimal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Serene and tranquil through the day yet exciting and stimulating at night; the Bison, a boutique tented camp, the first of its kind in India, offers luxury at the very of adventure. "The Bison" is situated at the confluence of the Bandipur and Nagarhole National Parks, on the shores of the exotic Kabini River in Karnataka (west of Mysore), which offers you the perfect wildlife adventure. It is the only resort in the area which directly overlooks the national park. Elephants and other wildlife are regularly spotted from the resort. The decor and ambiance of the camp recreates the adventurous decadence of a bygone era. Wooden floors, elegant linen, beautiful artifacts, old cabin trunks and other original antiques seek to enhance the rustic setting of the camp site. Each tent is lavishly furnished with double beds, writing and dressing tables, full length mirror and arm chairs. En-suite bathrooms with expansive showers are a virtual treat. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Bison Nagarhole National Park, Karnataka