Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews his mother home away from home the owner pir panjal range old world charm nature lovers home cooked himachal pradesh beautiful property made us feel at home his team home style special mention rooms are large stone's throw longer stay hustle bustle
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

To everyone reading this , I would highly recommend staying at this place . Its Offbeat (away from the noisy hustle bustle of daily life) , the food is completely home cooked , the views are to die for and soo much more . Trust me you won't have a bad time staying here , telling all of this from personal experience

Date of stay: December 2021
Reviewed 13 December 2021 via mobile

I visited Khajjiar with my family this Dec and stayed at Deodar Manor heritage bungalow.
Must say the stay here was the best part of the trip as we could see the snow capped mountains right in front of us. View outside the room from the lawn was spectacular.
Location of this bungalow is perfect, just 5 mins walk from the Khajjiar lake (Mini-Switzerland).
The rooms were big, very neat and clean. We travelled along with our kids and they too enjoyed the placed as it has 2 very friendly Dogs to play along.
The host Mr Hanut is very welcoming and interacted with us like family which made us feel at home.
Home cooked ,finger licking food by Raju made our stay even more comfortable and not to forget the BBq with bonfire in chilling cold was a feather on cap.
All in all a must recommend place to stay if you are planning a trip to Dalhousie or Khajjiar.

Date of stay: December 2021
1  Thank Raishraya1
Hanut Bal, Owner at Deodar Bungalow, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2021

Dear Raishraya1,
Thank you kindly for sharing the experience of your stay with us. Glad to know that you enjoyed the snow covered Himalayan ranges from your room and the front deck. I will be sure to pass along your wonderful comments about the home cooked meals to Raju, our chef and caretaker. Thrilled to know that your family enjoyed being with Roger and Rocco our friendly dogs who we cannot live without. I look forward to hosting you again.
Hanut

Reviewed 29 November 2021 via mobile

It started with a confusion around a perfectly valid booking at Deodar manor due to which we ended up paying more, for no fault of ours.

While the views from the house are amazing, but some basic amenities like hot water are missing. In the extremely cold weather of Khajjiar in November end, this is unacceptable. Atleast we should have been informed about the conditions for availability of water, especially since we had senior citizens with us. This has left a bad taste of the place.

Not much variety in the meals. The 5 of us had the same 2 items for breakfast on all 3 days.
Overall while the location of the property and the heritage furniture is great, there’s definitely room to improve the hospitality.

Date of stay: November 2021
1  Thank divya p
Hanut Bal, Owner at Deodar Bungalow, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Divya P,
Thank you for staying with us at Deodar Manor and sharing your experience with us.
We understand that your stay with us did not meet your expectations and for this, we truly do apologize.
Geysers take a little time to heat the water and the geyser in the bathroom took a little longer to heat, the problem was rectified during your stay. So it's not ethical to say that there is no water in the property. We offer a wide selection on our breakfast menu which is on our website so then again to say that you were given the same thing for 5 days, I would is unfair.
Wishing you well.

Reviewed 19 November 2021

Located very close to the Khajjiar Lake, this pristine place is the best property in Khajjiar... The art and decor of the property is inspired from Tibetan culture (Norbulingka Institute). Rooms are very spacious with jaw dropping mountain(Himalayas) views.
The hospitality of the staff and property owner (Hanut) was extremely warm and kind. These guys really believe in making the world a better place to live in!
This has been our most memorable stay in Himachal so far. It was relaxing, soothing and if you are looking for some inner peace this place will never disappoint.

Room tip: The heritage room with Mountain View has great views
Date of stay: October 2021
1  Thank spatnaik13

Dear Spatnail13,
Thank you for the wonderful review. Glad to know that you liked the artwork which has been done by Norbulingka artists. Thank you for sharing your kind words about the hospitality, I will surely pass along your kind comments to our staff. Delighted to know that you liked our oversized rooms, much bigger than most generic hotels and all our rooms have large windows which open to let on the clean mountain air.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

With warm regards

Reviewed 20 October 2021 via mobile

I booked this homestay after exploring various other hotels in and around Dalhousie/Khajiyar. We reached there late evening and were given a warm welcome by Hanut (the owner) and his two support staff (Manoj and Vishal). It was bit cold and they provided us with tea/coffee and some light snacks. The dinner was just like home food.
The property is maintained really well. The view from this place is breathtaking. I just loved this place as soon as I entered it. Hanut had arranged bonfire on our 2nd day of stay. There was another family who was staying here and they joined us too. Hanuit’s mother prepared food for us on the 2nd day and we just felt at home during our two days stay.
In these Covid times, they had kept the room very clean. The extra bed we had requested for during the booking was kept ready before we entered the room. We were provided with a room heater and an electric kettle.
Hanut was very friendly and kept interacting with us. He gave us options of various treks and we decided to go to Pukhri. He helped us with a local guide who took us to Pukhri via a dense forest. The trek was successful considering the fact that my 2 year old daughter was accompanying me too. The view was breathtaking from the top of the mountain. We had planned to go to Hemkund the next day but dropped the idea as we had little time left. Hanut had recommended this trek but we will visit this place next time when we visit Khajiyar.

I strongly recommend people visiting Khajiyar to stay at Deodar Manor. Hanut and the staff were very approachable. They allowed us in the kitchen to prepare food for our daughter. I wished I had planned for more days at this place. I will surely visit this place again soon.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Hanut Bal, Owner at Deodar Bungalow, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2021

Dear AnkurM355,
Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed and wholehearted review of your stay with us. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us. Thank you for mentioning the Pukhri hike/ activities and treks, because really this is what the whole experience/ essence is of coming here. It's about the stunning treks, hikes, walks through forests and this is what we all are really passionate about.
I enjoyed my conversations with you and it was delight to have the children over. I look forward to welcoming you back soon, in the meantime, please call me for any assistance.