Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews his mother home away from home the owner pir panjal range old world charm nature lovers home cooked himachal pradesh beautiful property made us feel at home his team home style special mention rooms are large stone's throw longer stay hustle bustle
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 November 2021 via mobile

It started with a confusion around a perfectly valid booking at Deodar manor due to which we ended up paying more, for no fault of ours.

While the views from the house are amazing, but some basic amenities like hot water are missing. In the extremely cold weather of Khajjiar in November end, this is unacceptable. Atleast we should have been informed about the conditions for availability of water, especially since we had senior citizens with us. This has left a bad taste of the place.

Not much variety in the meals. The 5 of us had the same 2 items for breakfast on all 3 days.
Overall while the location of the property and the heritage furniture is great, there’s definitely room to improve the hospitality.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank divya p
Hanut Bal, Owner at Deodar Bungalow, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Divya P,
Thank you for staying with us at Deodar Manor and sharing your experience with us.
We understand that your stay with us did not meet your expectations and for this, we truly do apologize.
Geysers take a little time to heat the water and the geyser in the bathroom took a little longer to heat, the problem was rectified during your stay. So it's not ethical to say that there is no water in the property. We offer a wide selection on our breakfast menu which is on our website so then again to say that you were given the same thing for 5 days, I would is unfair.
Wishing you well.

Reviewed 19 November 2021

Located very close to the Khajjiar Lake, this pristine place is the best property in Khajjiar... The art and decor of the property is inspired from Tibetan culture (Norbulingka Institute). Rooms are very spacious with jaw dropping mountain(Himalayas) views.
The hospitality of the staff and property owner (Hanut) was extremely warm and kind. These guys really believe in making the world a better place to live in!
This has been our most memorable stay in Himachal so far. It was relaxing, soothing and if you are looking for some inner peace this place will never disappoint.

Room tip: The heritage room with Mountain View has great views
1  Thank spatnaik13
Hanut Bal, Owner at Deodar Bungalow, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2021

Dear Spatnail13,
Thank you for the wonderful review. Glad to know that you liked the artwork which has been done by Norbulingka artists. Thank you for sharing your kind words about the hospitality, I will surely pass along your kind comments to our staff. Delighted to know that you liked our oversized rooms, much bigger than most generic hotels and all our rooms have large windows which open to let on the clean mountain air.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

With warm regards

Reviewed 20 October 2021 via mobile

I booked this homestay after exploring various other hotels in and around Dalhousie/Khajiyar. We reached there late evening and were given a warm welcome by Hanut (the owner) and his two support staff (Manoj and Vishal). It was bit cold and they provided us with tea/coffee and some light snacks. The dinner was just like home food.
The property is maintained really well. The view from this place is breathtaking. I just loved this place as soon as I entered it. Hanut had arranged bonfire on our 2nd day of stay. There was another family who was staying here and they joined us too. Hanuit’s mother prepared food for us on the 2nd day and we just felt at home during our two days stay.
In these Covid times, they had kept the room very clean. The extra bed we had requested for during the booking was kept ready before we entered the room. We were provided with a room heater and an electric kettle.
Hanut was very friendly and kept interacting with us. He gave us options of various treks and we decided to go to Pukhri. He helped us with a local guide who took us to Pukhri via a dense forest. The trek was successful considering the fact that my 2 year old daughter was accompanying me too. The view was breathtaking from the top of the mountain. We had planned to go to Hemkund the next day but dropped the idea as we had little time left. Hanut had recommended this trek but we will visit this place next time when we visit Khajiyar.

I strongly recommend people visiting Khajiyar to stay at Deodar Manor. Hanut and the staff were very approachable. They allowed us in the kitchen to prepare food for our daughter. I wished I had planned for more days at this place. I will surely visit this place again soon.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Hanut Bal, Owner at Deodar Bungalow, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2021

Dear AnkurM355,
Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed and wholehearted review of your stay with us. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us. Thank you for mentioning the Pukhri hike/ activities and treks, because really this is what the whole experience/ essence is of coming here. It's about the stunning treks, hikes, walks through forests and this is what we all are really passionate about.
I enjoyed my conversations with you and it was delight to have the children over. I look forward to welcoming you back soon, in the meantime, please call me for any assistance.

Reviewed 14 October 2021

Hanut and his team care for you. And it’s with a subtle old world charm and loads of real warmth. I am a man of few words, but take my word for it... spend sometime with them and feel real and happy

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank goadventuresports

Dear goadventuresports,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Delighted to know that you liked the old world charm and thank you for mentioning " spend sometime and feel real happy ", we loved this genuine wholehearted comment. I enjoyed my conversations with you and looking forward to hosting you soon. Thank you for the delicious coffee that you prepared for me.

Reviewed 12 October 2021 via mobile

A gorgeous property with a view to die for and a warm and wonderful host. Couldn’t ask for more on a holiday but throw in delicious home cooked meals and that’s just paradise!

Stayed for a short time just two days but this place surely deserves a lot more. I definitely plan to go back again for a longer stay.

The rooms are large and airy and have all the comfort that you would want and expect. The entire place is done with a lot of thought and care and Hanut’s ( the host) personal touch is apparent through the property. His stories keep you engaged and entertained through the stay.

A must do for all those that love the mountains and appreciate personalised experiences during their travel.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank salonij318

Dear Salonij318,
Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words with us. Glad to know that my stories kept you entertained, I look forward to sharing many more. Thank you for mentioning that this is a place for mountain lovers, because really, that's what it's all about. Our location offers unobstructed views of snow covered Himalayan peaks and behind us are lush cedar forests. I look forward to hosting you again soon.