Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews his mother home away from home the owner pir panjal range old world charm nature lovers himachal pradesh beautiful property home cooked his team home style home made special mention felt like home rooms are large stone's throw longer stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 October 2021

Hanut and his team care for you. And it’s with a subtle old world charm and loads of real warmth. I am a man of few words, but take my word for it... spend sometime with them and feel real and happy

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank goadventuresports
Hanut Bal, Owner at Deodar Bungalow, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2021

Dear goadventuresports,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Delighted to know that you liked the old world charm and thank you for mentioning " spend sometime and feel real happy ", we loved this genuine wholehearted comment. I enjoyed my conversations with you and looking forward to hosting you soon. Thank you for the delicious coffee that you prepared for me.

Reviewed 12 October 2021 via mobile

A gorgeous property with a view to die for and a warm and wonderful host. Couldn’t ask for more on a holiday but throw in delicious home cooked meals and that’s just paradise!

Stayed for a short time just two days but this place surely deserves a lot more. I definitely plan to go back again for a longer stay.

The rooms are large and airy and have all the comfort that you would want and expect. The entire place is done with a lot of thought and care and Hanut’s ( the host) personal touch is apparent through the property. His stories keep you engaged and entertained through the stay.

A must do for all those that love the mountains and appreciate personalised experiences during their travel.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank salonij318

Dear Salonij318,
Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words with us. Glad to know that my stories kept you entertained, I look forward to sharing many more. Thank you for mentioning that this is a place for mountain lovers, because really, that's what it's all about. Our location offers unobstructed views of snow covered Himalayan peaks and behind us are lush cedar forests. I look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 18 September 2021

A serene and tranquil place to spend a peaceful vacation in the lap of nature in a 100 year old bunglow with all modern amenities and cosseted by the hospitality of the hosts ..( mesmerised stories by Mr Hanut just add to the thrill and charm of the place) .. Just to mellow out within the nature....

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Journey22051978

Dear Journey22051978,
Thank you kindly for your comments regarding your stay with us. Glad to know that you enjoyed the natural beauty surrounding us. I enjoyed my conversations with you and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2021

Deodar Manor is probably one of my favourite places to go in Himachal . The Manor has a beautiful Tibetan inspired decor that gives the house its unique charm and a spiritual vibe and this along with great views of the mountains from the glass deck and the feeling of living amidst the forest is really something special ..

Rooms and Bathrooms are large and well appointed with a well trained staff .

Food is home style and great . They have a menu but I hardly referred to it . they were very flexible in the kitchen and I asked the cook to make what I wanted for every meal and they prepared it fresh and served hot ...it really felt like home ! Their Paronthas were superb !

A special mention about the owner who is very passionate about running this homestay is the sweetest host one can meet ! I really enjoyed his company through the forest Walks and some excursions ! I also want to make a special mention of aunty ( owner's mum ) . She is the sweetest and she went out of her way to prepare homestyle chicken curry for kids and it was superb ! Very sweet to talk to and motherly . she offered to lend her shawl to me since I wasn't carrying much woollens .Very warm and personal !

I loved every bit of the stay and will definitely come back to enjoy the mountains , deodar forest, chicken curry and the hot Paronthas !

Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank 957shivanit

Dear 957shivanit,
Thank you kindly for your comments. The decor has been inspired by Tibetan Buddhism and Tibetan art work in general. This comes from my deep connection with Tibet and Tibetan Buddhism in particular. Most of the artwork has been done by Norbulingka of Dharamshala.
I enjoyed my walks and conversations with you and this is what I enjoy the most about my job, we are all interconnected beings and it's always a delight to have kind guests like yourself.
We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back very soon, now that travel is back and things are getting better and better each day.

Reviewed 11 July 2021

Left a big chunk of my heart at the lovely homestay that is Deodar Manor. The property is beautiful, perfect for nature lovers and those seeking peace and quiet. A forest right outside, and the Khajjiar lake, a stone's throw away; the location of Deodar Manor is amazing and boasts of splendid views. I especially loved the glass verandah, where I would often read and chill with a hot cup of coffee and occasionally gaze out to the mighty Himalayas.

The property is amazing, no doubt, but what really made my stay there amazing were the hosts: Hanut and his mother; the staff: Nitin and Pooja and the dogs: Napolean and Roger really took care of us and made us feel like we were at home amidst family. I would 100% reccomend Deodar Manor to anyone seeking some peace and mountain tranquility, and warmth amidst the cold Himalayas.

Date of stay: July 2021
2  Thank dnighoskar

Dear dnighoskar,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we loved the title " a warm homestay amidst chilly Himalayan forest'. I am delighted to know that enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us, from the pristine deodar forests that surround us to the mighty Himalayan peaks in front of us. This is what we live for, it's the beauty that we are surrounded by. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our team. Napoleon and Roger and all of us look forward to welcoming you soon.