Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews his mother home away from home the owner pir panjal range old world charm nature lovers himachal pradesh beautiful property home cooked a wonderful stay madding crowd tucked away great hospitality home made friendly person bon fire british era
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

A gorgeous property with a view to die for and a warm and wonderful host. Couldn’t ask for more on a holiday but throw in delicious home cooked meals and that’s just paradise!

Stayed for a short time just two days but this place surely deserves a lot more. I definitely plan to go back again for a longer stay.

The rooms are large and airy and have all the comfort that you would want and expect. The entire place is done with a lot of thought and care and Hanut’s ( the host) personal touch is apparent through the property. His stories keep you engaged and entertained through the stay.

A must do for all those that love the mountains and appreciate personalised experiences during their travel.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank salonij318
Hanut Bal, Owner at Deodar Bungalow, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Dear Salonij318,
Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words with us. Glad to know that my stories kept you entertained, I look forward to sharing many more. Thank you for mentioning that this is a place for mountain lovers, because really, that's what it's all about. Our location offers unobstructed views of snow covered Himalayan peaks and behind us are lush cedar forests. I look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 18 September 2021

A serene and tranquil place to spend a peaceful vacation in the lap of nature in a 100 year old bunglow with all modern amenities and cosseted by the hospitality of the hosts ..( mesmerised stories by Mr Hanut just add to the thrill and charm of the place) .. Just to mellow out within the nature....

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Journey22051978
Hanut Bal, Owner at Deodar Bungalow, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Dear Journey22051978,
Thank you kindly for your comments regarding your stay with us. Glad to know that you enjoyed the natural beauty surrounding us. I enjoyed my conversations with you and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2021

Deodar Manor is probably one of my favourite places to go in Himachal . The Manor has a beautiful Tibetan inspired decor that gives the house its unique charm and a spiritual vibe and this along with great views of the mountains from the glass deck and the feeling of living amidst the forest is really something special ..

Rooms and Bathrooms are large and well appointed with a well trained staff .

Food is home style and great . They have a menu but I hardly referred to it . they were very flexible in the kitchen and I asked the cook to make what I wanted for every meal and they prepared it fresh and served hot ...it really felt like home ! Their Paronthas were superb !

A special mention about the owner who is very passionate about running this homestay is the sweetest host one can meet ! I really enjoyed his company through the forest Walks and some excursions ! I also want to make a special mention of aunty ( owner's mum ) . She is the sweetest and she went out of her way to prepare homestyle chicken curry for kids and it was superb ! Very sweet to talk to and motherly . she offered to lend her shawl to me since I wasn't carrying much woollens .Very warm and personal !

I loved every bit of the stay and will definitely come back to enjoy the mountains , deodar forest, chicken curry and the hot Paronthas !

Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank 957shivanit

Dear 957shivanit,
Thank you kindly for your comments. The decor has been inspired by Tibetan Buddhism and Tibetan art work in general. This comes from my deep connection with Tibet and Tibetan Buddhism in particular. Most of the artwork has been done by Norbulingka of Dharamshala.
I enjoyed my walks and conversations with you and this is what I enjoy the most about my job, we are all interconnected beings and it's always a delight to have kind guests like yourself.
We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back very soon, now that travel is back and things are getting better and better each day.

Reviewed 11 July 2021

Left a big chunk of my heart at the lovely homestay that is Deodar Manor. The property is beautiful, perfect for nature lovers and those seeking peace and quiet. A forest right outside, and the Khajjiar lake, a stone's throw away; the location of Deodar Manor is amazing and boasts of splendid views. I especially loved the glass verandah, where I would often read and chill with a hot cup of coffee and occasionally gaze out to the mighty Himalayas.

The property is amazing, no doubt, but what really made my stay there amazing were the hosts: Hanut and his mother; the staff: Nitin and Pooja and the dogs: Napolean and Roger really took care of us and made us feel like we were at home amidst family. I would 100% reccomend Deodar Manor to anyone seeking some peace and mountain tranquility, and warmth amidst the cold Himalayas.

Date of stay: July 2021
2  Thank dnighoskar

Dear dnighoskar,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we loved the title " a warm homestay amidst chilly Himalayan forest'. I am delighted to know that enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us, from the pristine deodar forests that surround us to the mighty Himalayan peaks in front of us. This is what we live for, it's the beauty that we are surrounded by. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our team. Napoleon and Roger and all of us look forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2021

We wanted to get away from the gloominess and madness of Mumbai and while our research was on to find a "Perfect getaway" we stumbled upon this place. And what a find it is. Deodar Manor is not just a property - it's a package. It's a package of all things that one should cherish in life. Good food, warm people around you, snow-clad mountains to endlessly look at, peace around, and love in every detail. And a special mention to Roger (A full-grown Doberman) and 2-month-old Napolean. There's nothing more that we needed from our "perfect getaway".

The room is thoughtfully decorated with intricate artworks on walls that you'll end up staring at for hours appreciating their beauty. Hanut has made sure that the property has all the modern equipment to ensure a safe stay and also ensure that a 190-year-old property maintains its heritage.

While the rooms are amazing, there's a show-stealer - The 270 degree view of Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar ranges.

The food is divine here. It's simple and delicious. It's made with utmost love and care by Raju ji, who's a craftsman in his own way. He'll make even a modest Daal rice taste awesome, he's that good.

Nitin ji is here to make your stay as comfortable as possible and will understand your likes and dislikes really quickly and ensure that everything is as per your liking.

Hanut is an exceptional host, to say the least, he guided us on things we should do there that are experiential and not touristy. He always tried to better our experience in whatever form possible. And when he asked us " Are you guys feeling at home" we could only reply "a little too much, can't believe we have to go back to Mumbai soon" :-)

We stayed here for 6 nights and there wasn't a dull moment. There's so much to look forward to here: the food, the view, the people at the property, and two lovely canines. Can't wait to get back for a much longer stay.

Room tip: All the rooms have a view of the snow-clad mountains. Call up the host before booking.
Date of stay: April 2021
Hanut Bal, Owner at Deodar Bungalow, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2021

Dear Amritesh B,
Thank you for visiting us at Deodar Manor and for taking the time to write such a kind review. I am very happy to know that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, from the snow covered mountains, the home cooked meals to our dear Roger and Napoleon, our canine ambassadors who formed a close bond with you. It was a privilege for me to host someone like you with so much talent in Yoga. I look forward to hosting a yoga retreat here in the not distant future with you at the Lead. I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to our team, I know they will be thrilled to hear all this.
With warm regards,