Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews his mother home away from home the owner pir panjal range old world charm nature lovers himachal pradesh beautiful property home cooked a wonderful stay madding crowd tucked away great hospitality home made friendly person bon fire british era
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 April 2021

We wanted to get away from the gloominess and madness of Mumbai and while our research was on to find a "Perfect getaway" we stumbled upon this place. And what a find it is. Deodar Manor is not just a property - it's a package. It's a package of all things that one should cherish in life. Good food, warm people around you, snow-clad mountains to endlessly look at, peace around, and love in every detail. And a special mention to Roger (A full-grown Doberman) and 2-month-old Napolean. There's nothing more that we needed from our "perfect getaway".

The room is thoughtfully decorated with intricate artworks on walls that you'll end up staring at for hours appreciating their beauty. Hanut has made sure that the property has all the modern equipment to ensure a safe stay and also ensure that a 190-year-old property maintains its heritage.

While the rooms are amazing, there's a show-stealer - The 270 degree view of Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar ranges.

The food is divine here. It's simple and delicious. It's made with utmost love and care by Raju ji, who's a craftsman in his own way. He'll make even a modest Daal rice taste awesome, he's that good.

Nitin ji is here to make your stay as comfortable as possible and will understand your likes and dislikes really quickly and ensure that everything is as per your liking.

Hanut is an exceptional host, to say the least, he guided us on things we should do there that are experiential and not touristy. He always tried to better our experience in whatever form possible. And when he asked us " Are you guys feeling at home" we could only reply "a little too much, can't believe we have to go back to Mumbai soon" :-)

We stayed here for 6 nights and there wasn't a dull moment. There's so much to look forward to here: the food, the view, the people at the property, and two lovely canines. Can't wait to get back for a much longer stay.

Room tip: All the rooms have a view of the snow-clad mountains. Call up the host before booking.
Date of stay: April 2021
Hanut Bal, Owner at Deodar Bungalow, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2021

Dear Amritesh B,
Thank you for visiting us at Deodar Manor and for taking the time to write such a kind review. I am very happy to know that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, from the snow covered mountains, the home cooked meals to our dear Roger and Napoleon, our canine ambassadors who formed a close bond with you. It was a privilege for me to host someone like you with so much talent in Yoga. I look forward to hosting a yoga retreat here in the not distant future with you at the Lead. I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to our team, I know they will be thrilled to hear all this.

Reviewed 7 April 2021 via mobile

We visited this property on 27th March 2021 - 30th March 2021. We were a total of 8 friends. Fortunately this property has 4 bedrooms,so it was a perfect fit for us.
The property is mind blowing. The rooms are well appointed and very tastefully done .
Reminds one of a colonial British era Manor !
The beauty is everything is so well taken care of,the furniture is polished and shining,the brass ware is shining, all the artefacts are carefully placed .
The house reflects that it is well cared for and loved.
Thanks to Hanut and his Mom ,a quiet dignified lady.
The staff comprises of Raju,Charan and Pooja.
They are ever smiling and ready to assist.
Pooja specially came in handy for a foot massage after a 3 hour trek turned to a 7 hour trek!
Location of the property is so beautiful and serene, overlooking snow capped mountains and para gliders passing by.
Staff organises bonfire every evening.
Food is simple and home cooked.
Would request Hanut to look into the food aspect. A little variety in the menu ,with a few additions in the dessert section, something as simple as custard n jelly would really add to the experience at the manor.
The beauty of the place inspired my husband Ashok Mandal to pen a poem which has been shared by Sahana ( thanks to her we visited this property)in a previous post.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear ShakunNewDelhi,
Thank you for composing this beautiful poetry, we are all deeply touched. I immensely enjoyed my conversations and the walk through the forest with you. We are all delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay.
In order to serve you better, we now have a new chef with a menu that offers much more of a variety, one that includes jelly and custard for sure :) In addition we have added local items to our menu and look forward to welcoming you back soon once things normalise.

Reviewed 7 April 2021 via mobile

This is a property,I am visiting for the 3rd time,along with a group of friends.This is Deodar Manor in Khajjiar,Himachal Pradesh----- "My home away from home"! I have written reviews about this property before too....never seems to Amaze me everytime !The beautiful serene place, the owner ,Hanut Bal and Auntyji( his mother), his staff... Raju,Chain Singh, Pooja and Sapna have become family for me! I am so much at peace Without me writing anymore,I will post a poem penned by our dear friend Ashok Mondol! He has beautifully captured the essence of this place. Enjoy!
KHAJJIAR

to touch and kiss
the snowcapped mountains!

" Lucky" the horse
is all set
for his and his master's
tryst with luck today !

on the trickling
human faces
which will soon
turn into a storm
to be again sweeped away
to their monotonies

07/04/2021

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Sahana M

Dear Sahna M,
Thank you for posting this fabulous review, the poetry composed by Mr. Ashok Mandal has described the experience that no words could describe better. I am proudly going to display this outstanding review. Additionally, I want to extend my sincerest gratitude to you, we immensely enjoy your company, and we love the title "My home away from Home" The Holi celebrations will remain unforgettable, although we missed your Mother and Bulbulji. Sending our warmest regards to them. We look forward to welcoming your family back again, your home away from home.

Reviewed 5 April 2021

I had booked the property in January and was waiting eagerly to be there .......We were a group of 11 people which included my parents as well as my children. Once i stepped in the property it was a home away from home. Mr. Hanut, the owner , not even for once made me feel that i was an outsider. I was in the lap of nature in my own Bungalow.
Everything was just perfect once you sit in front of the Pir Panjal Range and sip your coffee you simply forget the hustle and bustle of the city.. Hours seem to be like minutes and you are totally lost in nature. The only sound that comes is the birds and thats it....
Evenings are beautiful too ... sit out in front of the barbeque sip your drink and watch the stars over your head. We were lucky to get a clear full moon night with the Pir Panjal Range shinning in the moon lit night. and the stars glittering in the background.
The kids had a ball with the two dogs in the property. Roger was a genleman and the naughty pup Napolian was a delight for the kids.
The three assistants will always be by your side to help you out with each and everything. Raju, Charran and Pooja was always smiling. they did not have a no for an answer.
Here you are not supposed to expect a lavish menu but food was tasty and delicious.
I usually dont write reviews but could'nt stop my self this time.

Mr. Hanut thank you for everything and we wish to be there soon.

Room tip: All the rooms are huge and perfect.....
Date of stay: April 2021
Hanut Bal, Owner at Deodar Bungalow, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2021

Dear KinshukS24,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive comments. I am glad to know that you felt in the lap of nature in your own bungalow. Happy to know that you enjoyed the stunning mountain view along with the food. I will be sure to share your comments with our team. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2021 via mobile

We spent 3 nights at Deodar.
Longing to go back again... unforgettable moments
What a location...enjoy breathtaking view of entire valley and Snow capped Pir Panjal mountains .

Highlights of our stay:

Spick and span rooms with Tibetan culture artefacts around
Ever ready helping staff.. special mention to Raju

Hanut, the owner... Enjoyed our conversation on various topics

Delicious food... as good as cooked by mom

Evening Bonfire

Chirping of birds early morning with serene surroundings

View from Paraglide of the entire Khajjiar valley

Roger the dog.. most friendly and docile animal... escorting us every time to the valley without asking

Thanks a lot Hanut... my regards to your mom

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Hanut Bal, Owner at Deodar Bungalow, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Dear Surendra1963,
Thank you kindly for sharing your experience with us. I will be sure to pass along your wonderful comments to Raju, I am sure that he will be thrilled. Glad to know that you like the Tibetan inspired ambiance, home cooked meals and the bonfire. I enjoyed my conversations with and thank for mentioning our dear Roger. I will certainly pass your message your message to my mom. Looking forward to hosting you soon.
Hanut Bal