“Overall value for money”

Colmar Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Margao
Reviewed 6 December 2015

I have visited this place twice once in 2002 during my honeymoon and next in 2013.. the resort is right on the beach.. literally.. it is value for money and if you are looking to check in only for the night, its great. Its vicinity to the beach provides you ample scope to stay late on the beach and go for morning walks on the beach.. breakfast is paid but pocket friendly.. right outside the resort you have a kerala restaurant which is famous for ras omlet which I relish.. Has an indoor swimming pool which is an add on..

Room Tip: check in advance to avoid disappointment
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarfraz_Vanoo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 15 November 2015

We stayed there from 9 Nov to 12 Nov 2015.Resort is literally right at Colva Beach.Pocket friendly, yet standard hotel. Utmost cordial behaviour, delicious Bengali food, homely atmosphere compensate few drawbacks such as flies at dining area etc. For the first time in my tour, we felt that we were in our own home.Lunch was not included in our package,but they provided daily lunch without any extra cost. Even at the departure date from Goa, they packed our breakfast and lunch even at 6 am.Swimming pool is cleaned daily and water is changed regularly. Rooms are big and clean. My wife and my daughter are also very satisfied. Room service is also good.

Room Tip: Superb location.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2015

This resort is a popular one among the travel folks who prefer a budget hotel. Though I have seen a couple of reviews against Colmar Beach Resort (CBR), I always stay here. Well, I shall narrate my points in favour first and the minus points thereafter.

Its location is so fine. CBR is situated opposite the Colva beach, a popular tourist spot in South Goa. Since Colva is just 7 km away from Madgaon, reaching here is so easy. From Madgaon, you can reach the hotel within 15 to 20 minutes. You can't get such convenient rooms for such a lower price anywhere in Goa.
FYI, there are plenty of mid-range hotels in Colva. Another thing I find fine with CBR is that they conduct daily sightseeing trips to both North and South Goa and just for a ticket of Rs.200/- per head. An experienced guide is there to assist you. If you stay here two days, you can cover both North Goa and South Goa. The south is rich with temples, churches, museum, village life and historical aspects. The north is full of beaches. The tours start at 9.30 am and reach back around 6 pm and 8.30 pm.

The other attraction I find here is the Pasta Hut, a good bar to relax in the evening. You can taste any beverages like the Goan Drink Feny, Wine, etc. The ambiance of the bar is electrifying and makes your time and money worth if you love to have some drinks. Their pool is so fantastic. Also, you can spend time at the beach in the evening. When the hotel is so close to the beach, you can relax in the evening without any worry.

On the negative side, I will list the following issues. Mosquitos may spoil your mood. I had a terrible experience. But they do give you repellent to solve this crisis. The temperature is so hot. So the solution is an AC room, Don't worry AC won't cost your pocket so dearly. Try to avoid using their restaurant serving Veg food of South Indian type. It is not neat and the service is not prompt. The alarming fact is that sometimes some cows or dogs may trouble you around the table. At bar also the dogs are a menace but not always. I dislike such things. So do most of the tourists. The attitude of the reception people is not so friendly. But this time I find they have changed to a positive degree to some extent.

A little more attention and a careful administration by the management will make this hotel a favorite choice of the tourists, I am sure.

Room Tip: Select their Cottages
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank SUNILKUNNOTH
Reviewed 5 October 2015

I read the reviews and booked this Resort as it was right on the Colva Beach.First, the room was average with avg cleanliness.The AC remote was not working.After so much urging,a staff came and switched on the AC, which was set at 16 degrees and was unchangable!!! We asked for the room replacement but they told that all rooms are booked.Also the bathrooms are not maintained and of old/low standard. Also the bedsheeds and blankets were really pathetic smelling of Naphthelene balls big time!! overall the experience was really Poor and I would not recommend this to anyone. Not worth more than 300 bucks !!

Room Tip: Choose the Cottages near the Swimming Pool
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Akshat1108
Reviewed 31 August 2015

It's our bad luck that we visited the South Indian canteen of Colmar beach resort. Shall we call it a resort,anyway? I have stayed here once when no other option was available and found nothing to come back again in future. But this time my hubby met some people who were Bengali and staying there,they asked him to try the poori sabji available in the canteen. The moment we entered the premises,my mood spoiled. Some people were drinking there,they stared at us and declared, "Bongali"!! Nobody offered us a table and came to take order. The tables and chairs were extremely dirty,after we settled at a corner,somebody came and mopped the table which made little difference.Hubby went to the canteen and ordered for poori sabji himself. I didn't want to have anything in such a dirty place,but decided to wait as the order was already given.Soon there was another subject of concern. Some crows gathered around us and started flying above our heads. I was very scared,my baby girl was with me,it will be disaster if any crow scratches or snaps at her! Food arrived,it was nothing like I experienced previously in their pasta hut restaurant. The poori tasted very sour,looks like they prepared it with last night's spoiled dough. The potato curry served with it had rotten potatoes too. I could not manage anymore after few bites,same was the condition for my hubby. He was feeling very embarrassed for bringing us there. Moreover,the way those crows were snapping at our plates and flies approaching close,we couldn't afford getting sick on our holiday. So we left. The most irritating thing here is the casual approach of the waiters.They saw our sorry state but sat casually,laughing at us,looking least bothered. As if they were punishing us for coming there. Enough is enough,I am never ever going back to such dirty place full of careless people.

Room Tip: avoid the south indian canteen at any cost
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Chalojai
Also consider these accommodations in or near Margao
0.4 km away
0.5 km away
Hotel Colva Kinara
Hotel Colva Kinara
#3 of 17 in Colva

Been to Colmar Beach Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK