All reviews japanese restaurant double tree nice hotel swimming pool airport business tidy qingdao china temperature
Reviewed 29 March 2018

Hotel is a bit far from the airport. Hopefully, you get a taxi driver that knows how to get to the hotel...Hotel quite nice, very nice welcome.. Held breakfast open for us, as we flew in that morning from Shanghai. used a deluxe suite for meetings. Ample space quite vibrant and updated. The breakfast offerings were quite abundant and tasty. Stopped for an afternoon tea and was quite relaxing. Id stay again

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Marcom M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Qingdao-Jimo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Qingdao - Jimo. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality. I will be sure to share your comments with our team members. Should your travels bring you back this way, I hope that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

It was our first venture to Qingdao after the much publicity post Beijing 2012 Olympic. It was a straight forward drive from the airport to the hotel. The Check-in was not as smooth as we had expected despite the fact the lead has been a gold member of Hilton Group hotels for a long period. The price was very reasonable for the standard and class of the hotel.
After much to and fro, we eventually got our room keys. As it was late afternoon, the sun was shining and the room was heating up. There was no way to reduce the temperature as it was state mandatory to turn the air conditioning off in the rooms for certain period of the year. No matter how we tried, the temperature was creeping upward.
We had a quick beverage in the executive lounge before venture out to see a remodel of the ancient city. The temperature in November was as expected with the chill set in.
We had a quick snack upon returning to the hotel and there were plenty of the local brew ( TsingTao beer) available free.
Room temperature crept up to 27 overnight and it was much cooler in the corridors than the room itself.
Breakfast was in the restaurant with a range of food available, overall it was not too bad except they could not make a decent cup of English breakfast tea. The cup was too small and the water had been sitting in a vacuum vase. Eventually, I had to teach them how to make a decent cuppa tea. In the end, on our return 3 days later. I asked the restaurant manager (only western member of staff) to supply me a proper teapot so I can enjoy my morning cup of tea.
On our checking out on the first stay, we made an official complaint with regards to the room temperature when the duty manager Jason asked how was the stay. I had taken photographic evidence of the room temperature and shown it to him. He was rather embarrassed by it and promised he will make sure we get a cooler room upon our return.
To his credit, Jason had arranged cooler rooms for us and making sure we were well look after.
Overall, staff were friendly and attentive with good knowledge of local area. We had an excellent local specitality yet inexpensive meal on our last night on their recommendations.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 November 2017

Affordable price for such a high class hotel. However, there was not much entertainment nearby the hotel. About one hour drive from the airport. Transformed into a ghost town when darkness crept in. Internet connection kept disconnecting. Use vpn if you are a foreigner.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Marcom M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Qingdao-Jimo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Thank you for your candid review of your recent stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Qingdao - Jimo. We are sorry that internet access was a concern during your time with us. We offer guest service center number specifically dedicated to assisting our guests with internet issues. We’ve also touched base with both our provider and IT service team to make sure that they are aware of the incident. I also feel sorry that you could hardly find several places to visit during your stay, I strongly suggest that you can contact our Concierge for more suggestions. Thank you for your comments again.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

Excellent view Wide room Reasonable rate Kind Hard find out English possible workers Do not use Japanese restaurant - quality is very low Noisy outside until 1am ( motorbike running ) even you can here on 24th floor

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 27 October 2017

This property is brand new. The rooms are big and clean. I did eat at the hotel one night which was quite good. They were out of the duck which we had ordered and the chef came out personally to apologize and he was very friendly. I would definitely stay here again as it had a 7-11 type place nearby. Its in the center of Jimo so not right off the highway, but if you're going to Pingdu factories it's easier than driving all the way back to Qingdao.
Big thank you also to Mr. Kelvin Huang one of the front office managers who went out of his way to make sure i had my boarding pass printed for departure, had proper directions and all my needs met while staying there. He was an excellent host who spoke very good english. He is an excellent asset to your hotel.

Room Tip: Quiet area but I always choose a high floor to be safe
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Marcom M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Qingdao-Jimo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let Kelvin Huang know that he helped you have a great stay with us. All of us at DoubleTree by Hilton are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.