See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 September 2014

The hotel was great, spotless, the staff were friendly and polite, very helpful. We had breakfast which was lovely, a great offer of various foods, and beautiful large wooden rooms with loads of character. It was pretty as a picture. The rooms were very clean and nicely furnished with a beautiful view from the balcony. Only fault, we had to wait 45 minutes for our evening meal when there were only 6 of us in the restaurant. Would definitely book again to stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: Front rooms had delightful views and balcony's.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank john r
EchodesMontagnes, Gérant at L'Echo des Montagnes, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2014

Dear John,

Thank you very much for your very positive review of the hotel and staff. Sorry for the wait for that night. Hope to see you with your friends by bike.
Best regard. Stéphane Hanriot

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I have come back to Echo des Montagnes for the fourth time, and definitively it has become my hotel of reference during my trips to Geneva. I confirm my previous very good judgement. To add something new: this time I had dinner outside, under the canopy of a wonderful and very large tree which gives an additional touch of countryside atmosphere. The cheeses available at EdM are superb, and I tasted a large varieties of them along with an exquisite salad (I think coming from not so far away). Again, the couple who run the hotel is extremely friendly and collaborative. A professional guest who need to telework or check his emails will appreciate the wonderful and very efficient WiFi connection. Geneva can be reached in about 30 min. from Armoy. The prices are very convenient and are a bargain with respect to downtown Geneva, so I suggest to all the people having business there to think of this beautiful accommodation.

Room Tip: If you like, as I did, to wake up further to the call of a rooster, resident in a garden across the main street, ask for a room on the front side...otherwise an accommodation over-viewing the backyard parking area could be better!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Yuval_Shlomo
EchodesMontagnes, Gérant at L'Echo des Montagnes, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Sir,

A BIG thank you for your loyalty and your wonderful comments for l'Echo des Montagnes.

We are pleased that you enjoyed relax on our terrace in the shade of a beautiful tree.

Our products are mostly local and we want our customers to be served as it should be with sympathy and kindness.

Actually we are not far from Geneva, without having the inconvenience.

Thank you to note that we have a very good value for money.

A very soon. Send my regards to your wife.

Best regards. Stéphane Hanriot

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Very nice hotel and very clean. good food and drink. lots of parking around the back and very well placed. thanks ......................................................................................

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
EchodesMontagnes, Gérant at L'Echo des Montagnes, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Sir

We thank you for this very nice back after your stay.
Thank you for having enjoyed the food and the cleanliness of the hotel.
It is true that we have a large car park which is free.
Hope to see you again. Stéphane Hanriot

Reviewed 22 June 2014

A group of 11 of us stayed here for two nights on our trip around Europe. We were made to feel very welcome by all the staff, the rooms were comfortable with some great views over the mountains. The breakfast was good and the food in the restaurant was excellent. Good parking facilities. Situated in a quiet little village quite close to Lake Geneva, Geneva was about 20 minutes drive away. Very comfortable stay, thank you very much to all the staff, we just wish we could have stayed more than 2 nights.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
EchodesMontagnes, Gérant at L'Echo des Montagnes, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Hello Steve,

Thank you for your very good and nice return on your stay with friends while traveling in Europe.

I will pass on your thanks to the teams.

We are fortunate to have free parking and not be far away from Geneva in a quiet village.
Hope to see you again with your friends.

Best reagards. Stéphane Hanriot.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I just stayed here for one night on my way to the Alpes. I had a late arrival but since the booking was confirmed it was no problem.The room is small but fine and, most important, it is clean. The bed is very comfortable. Buffet breakfast is ok but not much variety, you get warm croissants, toast and yoghurt. The staff is very kind and helpfull.
Prices are a bit high to my opinion.

Overall the hotel is very good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
EchodesMontagnes, Gérant at L'Echo des Montagnes, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Hello,
Thank you for the time we go to meet this nice comment.
We try to ease the arrival of our customers, even when they arrive late and we are happy to know that you have met.
The buffet breakfast offers yoghurt, home-made brioche, bread croissants and pain au chocolate, cereal, juice, sausage, cheese and jams and honey. We regularly change the buffet to meet the expectations of our customers.
We hope your journey through the Alps has filled you with memories and beautiful images.
Pleasure to welcome you. Best Regards. Stéphane Hanriot